SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is truly their own worst enemy. They know how to make stuff, but marketing is not their strong area. They really need to hire a company that can help them grow, cause right now, they have some unhappy fans regarding some things like the throne and cantina sets

Sideshow is truly their own worst enemy. They know how to make stuff, but marketing is not their strong area. They really need to hire a company that can help them grow, cause right now, they have some unhappy fans regarding some things like the throne and cantina sets

I personally feel like they just don't care.......they ignore their own core demographic, continue to produce peices of questionable quality and there price point steadily climbs. I'm afraid the only real solution is to STOP BUYING IT! ...and maybe they'll give a crap. Which, let's face it, is really hard because they have the licsence, and some of there stuff is really good.

AWWWW....I'TS SO FRUSTRAITING....:gah:

Well, saying they don't care or they ignore us shows a lack of actually know the truth or whats going on. :lol They continue to produce pieces with questionable quality? Can't say I've gotten a piece I felt wasn't worth it. Sure some get sent out or arrive messed up. Thats gonna happen and does to anyone. The price is going up from everyone across the board.

I am a little confused about this whole "hating on the throne shipping before the Emperor" thing. Really? Does it matter?

I think the problem isn't so much shipping before, but the gap between them. For people making decisions about keeping orders, getting an accessory possibly months before the figure it goes with could mean cancelling, and then potentially, never getting it because time moves on and other things come up. I kept my throne order cuz it's very important to me but I can understand people who cancelled up front, it's a lot of money and you had no idea when Palpatine would ship, could have been even longer in between than it was.

Sideshow's usually good about keeping things together, Jabba and his throne hit at the same time thankfully.

Yeah, if there is gonna be a gap it needs to be not much at all. If I hadn't wanted this set up u might have given the throne the axe.

I was pretty sure I wanted Throne, but with the gap I decided to wait rather than get it right away. Consequently I deleted by direct order and ended-up buying it from another collector.

So in this case it cost a direct sale, but I still ended-up with it.

i think they made too many thrones. doesn't it say the edition size is 2500? the exclusive emperor is edition size of 1000. the regular edition is TBD but can we really believe they will make more than 2000 regular emperors? so that will be 3000 emperors in total and 2500 thrones. so SS assumed that just about everybody who buys an emperor figure would get a throne too.

Yeah, if there is gonna be a gap it needs to be not much at all. If I hadn't wanted this set up u might have given the throne the axe.

That would have been me if I hadn't been hoping for the throne to be made with him since the line started, and I wasn't tight on money or I'd have gambled on cancelling to buy time, but if I weren't passionate about having it for him, the gap may have caused me to walk away from it and not gone back.

i think they made too many thrones. doesn't it say the edition size is 2500? the exclusive emperor is edition size of 1000. the regular edition is TBD but can we really believe they will make more than 2000 regular emperors? so that will be 3000 emperors in total and 2500 thrones. so SS assumed that just about everybody who buys an emperor figure would get a throne too.

They may have rolled the dice that most people would find him a boring shelf display without his throne. Not necessarily a bad guess, but given the price, I'm sure a number of those people have conceded that Palpatine alone will do. Granted, Jabba's much different in size than the Emperor, but look how many passed on his throne and just got him, and I think he equally should have the throne as much as Palpatine, it's a signature item for both characters.

I really don't have room to display the throne anyway, but that price was a deal-breaker. A plastic version for $50 bucks would've been fine by me.

If Palps shipped first people would complain he had no chair to sit on. Sideshow just can't win.

The whole argument about the Emperor shipping...even a long time...after the throne seems excessive to me.

Right. :goodpost:

If Palps shipped first people would complain he had no chair to sit on. Sideshow just can't win.

:goodpost:

And to those haters/chin pickers...

wgas.gif

Actually, I seem to recall Belloq and Toht shipped with their giant polystone accessories at the same time! So did Thrawn. The problem is that they made it a separate item instead of the exclusive. The 2nd head should have been standard, and the THRONE should have been the ex.

Happy? Happy!! Win!!

Back