SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

Have they made an Emperor and throne cookie jar? you could put your stash in it. :peace
300px-Emperor.jpg

Dave's not going to be happy when he sees how this Thread is turning out :lol

Considering all we have is a teaser image of the figure so far, and things are fairly clean, I don't see an issue with it right now or I'd have cleaned things up. Once more images/info comes out or the PPO hits, then it needs to get a bit more on course.

Wow. I just realized how long its been since we had a storm on the board over preliminary SW pics.

No idea, but I thought anzik was referring to excited chatter being stirred up by a preview image, haven't really noticed anyone crying in here.

I haven't even seen Justin post here in some time.

Just wait until JustinLuck sees it :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture

"Is anybody else disappointed that Sideshow didn't sculpt that left pinky a fraction of a millimeter higher for screen accuracy?"

[insert 9 oversided screenshots of Emperor's hands]

I think a lot of the issues with the sculpt are actually hood issues. The hood framed Palpatine in a very specific way, and it adds a LOT to the appearance.

This has been my #1 Grail since they announced Jedi Luke. After this, I'm pretty much golden. I'm so excited he's got his throne, although an alarming number of my figures are lazily reclining now.

I think a lot of the issues with the sculpt are actually hood issues. The hood framed Palpatine in a very specific way, and it adds a LOT to the appearance.

I'd have to agree with you... I never knew he had such a giant and squarish forehead until I saw the 1:1 bust. The hood seems to typically obscure much of his face and really frames him in a specific way.

From what I can see I think this will be a great looking figure. And Sideshow has such a great track record with older figures (Gandalf, ANH Kenobi and Henry Jones) that this should be a home run for them.
**knocks on wood**

Yup, SS's older figures are usually pretty good. I'm a fan of Oluf's work, too!

I just realized I have RP and I will use them. :rock

Hmm.. Marc just made me aware.. I DO have over $100 in points that can probably get me Palps for free. Then Im just paying for the throne.. hmmm. DAMMIT MARC!!

I'd have to agree with you... I never knew he had such a giant and squarish forehead until I saw the 1:1 bust. The hood seems to typically obscure much of his face and really frames him in a specific way.

Indeed, I shook my head a lot when some of the in hand Palpatine bust shots were shown, people had his hood flopping around like his hologram insert in ESB and it just did the piece no justice.

The Sideshow shots are per their policy on photography which is to make view of the details as clear as possible and shot of Palpatine representing him like the film would hide 2/3 of the sculpt and paint work on the head.

Yup, SS's older figures are usually pretty good. I'm a fan of Oluf's work, too!

Oluf did a very nice job on the 2-pack, but rumor is Tim Miller did this one, I'm waiting to get confirmation on that.

Depending on your situation though, I'd consider if using RP's for discount is worth the RP's you don't get for buying him. I usually save my RP's for full pieces or something I wouldn't spring for unless I could get it at a discount. I'm going to use this figure set to pad the points a good chunk.

Back