SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

This shot also reminds me of the scene in ROTJ when he says, "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield..." and smiles. Mind you, one shot earlier in ROTS he had huge, ridiculous red rings around his eyes.

Insidious_Smile.jpg

That shot though, reminds me of the original hologram scene in ESB.

One thing I don't like about that shot, his robe looks digitally added, it's really strange but everytime I watch the movie, it looks like he wasn't wearing the robe originally when they shot it and rather than reshoot they just added a CGI robe.

One thing I don't like about that shot, his robe looks digitally added, it's really strange but everytime I watch the movie, it looks like he wasn't wearing the robe originally when they shot it and rather than reshoot they just added a CGI robe.

I think that's due to all the CGI lighting changes they made post-production. That's why Palpatine looks so different from scene to scene (and in some cases, shot to shot.) Like when he's beneath the Senate, he's very tan and his robe is maroon, but when he rises on the podium into the Senate, suddenly he's pale and the robe is gray. Way too much playing with CGI lighting, if you ask me.

Anyway, in my opinion, Palpatine's skin and eyes in particular look CGI in that shot.

That's what makes me think his robe is CGI for the shot, the way his eyes and skin look, it's like someone did a poor job of adding artificial shadow from the robe he wasn't wearing.

Oh well, I just love seeing him make that classic, arrogant smile like he did in Jedi, it's almost like a signature expression.

Yeah, it's a very chilling expression, to be sure. I think one of the problems with the ROTS Emperor is we're constantly seeing his entire face, whereas in ROTJ we normally saw only pieces of it or at least much of it was in shadows. It's like for ROTS every time they took a shot of the Emperor, someone ran over to Ian and adjusted the hood to show his entire face.

ANYWAY! I think I'm done ranting. :D

It's pretty trippy when you realize McDiarmid was only 39 years old when he first played the Emperor. He's younger than my mom!

The make-up in ROTS was a bit over-designed. In ROTJ, the sculpted pieces were the forehead and eye sockets, then it was just standard old age stippling around the jaw and neck. If they had left the jaw and neck alone for ROTS, I think they'd have been much better off.

Having said that, when I saw that shot of him smiling in the trailer for ROTS, I went nuts. "Oh my God, The Emperor's back! My favorite character from Star Wars is well and truly back!!"

The 18th cannot come soon enough. I'm dying to get a better look at this guy, though I doubt I'll be completely satisfied until I get him in hand and pose his hood myself. It's a very subtle thing.

The 18th cannot come soon enough. I'm dying to get a better look at this guy, though I doubt I'll be completely satisfied until I get him in hand and pose his hood myself. It's a very subtle thing.

Not subtle at all in my book, that'll be the first thing I do, work the hood to get the proper opening to reveal his face. How the hood exposes his face is as defining of his appearance as any detail on his face.

Not subtle at all in my book, that'll be the first thing I do, work the hood to get the proper opening to reveal his face. How the hood exposes his face is as defining of his appearance as any detail on his face.

I agree completely

That's the point, they're hoping buyers overlook the shipping fee and get so caught up in a deal on the item itself, they got you for big money in the end.

Back