SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

Yeah. Where is the cane?... and the lighting bolt fingers?...:(

039_9427~Michael-Caine-Posters.jpg

:emperor

Definitely the BEST EXCLUSIVE yet.

Interesting Note (see bottom of Prod Blog page):

There will be no cane included with this figure although we will supply a cane-holding hand. This is just to kcuf with you.

YOU'VE BEEN...

1320775892_2298e65653.jpg

Definitely the BEST EXCLUSIVE yet.

Interesting Note (see bottom of Prod Blog page):

There will be no cane included with this figure although we will supply a cane-holding hand. This is just to kcuf with you.

Further note, Sideshow Exclusive edition comes with interchangable heads, however the neck adapater and body are sold separately.

It's not so bad with a new coat of paint on it...

P3200146.jpg

Sad when you gotta pay three times as much as you bought something for to get it looking decent.

:lol I just might know a few...

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Yeah. Where is the cane?... and the lighting bolt fingers?...:(

You can get some for free if you just go out and spraypaint a car or two. :p

I'll try for the Exc but I think I'd be ok with the reg since I will probably keep him on the throne most of the time anyway.

I couldn't tell from that little pic, but now I really like this sculpt.
2qid4r6.jpg

Have to say both head sculpts are fanstatics.:lol

Is anyone else a bit surprised to see the price of the throne? For a mass produced item made of plastic, that appears relatively basic to assemble, and with no moving parts, I was expecting the price to be around $70 - $100. For $140, I would expect at least a couple LED lights on the controls. I would also understand the price more if the 'throne environment' featured some specialized flooring for Vader and Luke to stand on. The fact that I can buy a Hot Toys Leonidas or Iron Man with much more complex engineering for the same price tells me Sideshow has matched and perhaps superseded Hot Toys pricing structure.

Is anyone else a bit surprised to see the price of the throne? For a mass produced item made of plastic, that appears relatively basic to assemble, and with no moving parts, I was expecting the price to be around $70 - $100. For $140, I would expect at least a couple LED lights on the controls. The fact that I can buy a Hot Toys Leonidas or Iron Man with much more complex engineering for the same price tells me Sideshow has matched and perhaps superseded Hot Toys pricing structure.

Is it plastic? I assumed polystone.

I was actually expecting it to be much more expensive, around $200.

It does look like polystone to me, judging by the button control panels.

I'd prefer plastic for $60 less.

Still, it's the frickin' chair we've all been clamoring about. I got ripped off on Jabba, and I have every intention of being ripped off by this one. And I'll be happy.

Is anyone else a bit surprised to see the price of the throne? For a mass produced item made of plastic, that appears relatively basic to assemble, and with no moving parts, I was expecting the price to be around $70 - $100. For $140, I would expect at least a couple LED lights on the controls. I would also understand the price more if the 'throne environment' featured some specialized flooring for Vader and Luke to stand on. The fact that I can buy a Hot Toys Leonidas or Iron Man with much more complex engineering for the same price tells me Sideshow has matched and perhaps superseded Hot Toys pricing structure.

99% certainty it's polystone, I can't think of an instance where Sideshow hasn't used polystone for something like this other than the Boba Fett PF.

Indy's pedestal was hollow plastic, though the footing ledge was polystone.

The chair could be plastic and the stand polystone... though I doubt it. It looks all polystone to me. Gonna be a heavy sucker if it is. Another $40 just to ship it.

lol, right. That was a 3 hour preorder nightmare for some.

Back