SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

Old Ben?

You must not have been here for Jedi Luke . . ..

I thought Jedi Luke was way easier than Old Ben - that thing nearly caused some serious distress. I think I had to phone that one in ...

Looks like Buttmunch beat me to my opinion ...

Last edited:

Luke was easy :dunno

Yeah, I remember Luke lasting a few hours because of all of the newcomers that hadn't figured out the pre-order process yet.

It's been a while since I've actually participated in a PPO, and I have a feeling this one's gonna be rough. :horror

Hey MF, how do you like Santa Palps from my sig?
:lol

I dig, which reminds me, I'm do for my usual avatar update now that an image of a new product is out that I dig.

Old Ben?

You must not have been here for Jedi Luke . . ..

lol, right. That was a 3 hour preorder nightmare for some.

Jedi Luke was my first PPO ever, wasn't familiar with Sideshow then and I messed up that whole thing.

I can't imagine he won't have the cane... no reason for it to be missing. If MR made a prop of it, I think its important enough to warrant inclusion :lol

Have to say both head sculpts are fanstatics.:lol

You really think so? I like the snarling one a lot better but does anybody else think the eyes aren't as yellow and terrifiying as they could be? They don't really stand out for me like Mcdiarmid's creepy yellow contacts did in the movie.

As for the paint, I won't criticize because the lighting in the promo shots is probably not the best way to display the paintjob, but I'm really having trouble seeing the Emperor in the first sculpt....

As for the paint, I won't criticize because the lighting in the promo shots is probably not the best way to display the paintjob, but I'm really having trouble seeing the Emperor in the first sculpt....

I think it has more to do with the expression than the paint. The neutral expression is too neutral. Even when the Emperor's not striking a more extreme expression, there's still something going on whether it be that creepy little smile or what have you.

AWESOME figure and Excellent Ex headsculpt!!!
cant wait til sat morning AUS time to PPO this and the throne!!

you guys have lost me....:google

They talk funny.

Yeah, try asking for tail from the wifey after getting caught doing that! :lol

The first thing my best friend said to his son Lucas the day he was born was, "Luke...I am your father." And he did it in front of the woman who had just delivered the child.

I'm sure he didn't get any that night (wives and post-labor sex=NO), but she did just deliver his third son.

There's a moral somewhere in that story.

$230 for the whole package isn't too bad in my book.

It's very not bad.

Good call to whomever guessed the alternate head sculpt.

:wave

(Sorta. :eek:)

Yep, I'm getting both hopefully ?? I'll try for the exclusive for sure, there's no point not, chair looks great & the price reasonable I guess..

Early one for me 4:00am

Last edited:

Extra head as an exclusive? Really cool I like it, but not really sure if worth it for an EU customer to pay all the stupid taxes and customs charges to get it. But will do my best in getting it, until it really arrives in hand I'll be able to save the money for it.

He looks verry cool and the price is not as bad as I thought it would be. But I don't really see Palps in it...
This is Palpatine's "neutral" expression, and I don't see that in the figure...
palpatine.jpg

But I it's still a figure I will get :D And I hope it'll come with the cane
200px-Sithcane.jpg

You really think so? I like the snarling one a lot better but does anybody else think the eyes aren't as yellow and terrifiying as they could be? They don't really stand out for me like Mcdiarmid's creepy yellow contacts did in the movie.

I thought the figure look great with the hood on. Anyway Palpatine never remove his hood in ROTJ, so noone know for sure how the concealed portion of the head look like.:)

...and yes,we do need the cane.:)

I saw on Facebook this morning that the cane will be included. Someone asked in a comment for another post, and sideshow answered with a "Cane=yes".

Is anyone else a bit surprised to see the price of the throne? For a mass produced item made of plastic, that appears relatively basic to assemble, and with no moving parts, I was expecting the price to be around $70 - $100. For $140, I would expect at least a couple LED lights on the controls. I would also understand the price more if the 'throne environment' featured some specialized flooring for Vader and Luke to stand on. The fact that I can buy a Hot Toys Leonidas or Iron Man with much more complex engineering for the same price tells me Sideshow has matched and perhaps superseded Hot Toys pricing structure.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

There are some VALID points in there...especially the "Hot Toys Leonidas or Iron Man with much more complex engineering for the same price" part. I really want the throne, but even if it's polystone and HEAVY, it's a bit pricey with no lights, etc.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

P.S., I got the Han and Carbonite display for $125, which I think was just about right for that piece (not the $199 original price tag). This throne should really have been around the same (or a combined price of no more than $225 for the Emperor and the throne, same as Thrawn IMO)

:angelsmil

Is anyone else a bit surprised to see the price of the throne? For a mass produced item made of plastic, that appears relatively basic to assemble, and with no moving parts, I was expecting the price to be around $70 - $100. For $140, I would expect at least a couple LED lights on the controls. I would also understand the price more if the 'throne environment' featured some specialized flooring for Vader and Luke to stand on. The fact that I can buy a Hot Toys Leonidas or Iron Man with much more complex engineering for the same price tells me Sideshow has matched and perhaps superseded Hot Toys pricing structure.

I was under the impression it was polystone. Are you sure its plastic or just whining in guesstimation?

Yeah... I'd have to assume it's polystone at that price.

I don't think the PPO will be that bad tomorrow with the ordering system thats been in place for awhile now its goes pretyty smooth.

I think the hardest part will be making sure you choose the correct options for you such as Flex Pay and Non Flex Play for Palpy and the Throne . You'll have at least 2 options per per item too chosse from.

Back