SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

In case you were wondering, the Emperor's cane IS included with the figure, as an accessory. The full list of accessories will be included with tomorrow's PPO :duff

YOU'VE JUST BEEN...

1320775892_2298e65653.jpg

In case you were wondering, the Emperor's cane IS included with the figure, as an accessory. The full list of accessories will be included with tomorrow's PPO :duff

I don't think anyone with half-a-brain was wondering, but thanks Dusty. :lol

Chicken little syndrome strikes again :lol

Thanks for the clarification Dusty :rock

From what I have read on this board (and seen first hand in Pitu's vids), polystone breaks easily, it is expensive to transport because of its substantial weight, and limited in features (impossible to add LEDs, etc), not to mention expensive. For a visual display piece that sits on a shelf, why is polystone the preferred material?

Umm Dusty.. can you clarify if we will melt the servers or not? haha

i cant wait to see what OTHER accessories he comes with ;)

That is a redundant statement. It is either "Old days" or "Days of Yore".:D

Just like saying: "Darth Cruel is lame"?...
Gotcha!! :gun

Sorry, English is my second language... :rolleyes:

Umm Dusty.. can you clarify if we will melt the servers or not? haha

I think we will!!! :emperor:emperor:emperor

From what I have read on this board (and seen first hand in Pitu's vids), polystone breaks easily, it is expensive to transport because of its substantial weight, and limited in features (impossible to add LEDs, etc), not to mention expensive. For a visual display piece that sits on a shelf, why is polystone the preferred material?

There have been all sorts of reasons bandied about on this subject, but personally, I think it's because Sideshow feels that these environment pieces will be viewed as "toys" if they're made of plastic instead of collectibles. I don't really get that reasoning as the figures they're displayed with are made of plastic.

This might be a noob question, but the emperor and his throne are my first PPOs. I was reading the production blog article and it says to "make sure you are qualified for Priority Pre-Order before Thursday, November 12th at 11:59 PM (PT)." I didn't register/qualify until 12/4, does this mean I wont be able to participate in the PPO?

There have been all sorts of reasons bandied about on this subject, but personally, I think it's because Sideshow feels that these environment pieces will be viewed as "toys" if they're made of plastic instead of collectibles. I don't really get that reasoning as the figures they're displayed with are made of plastic.

Soooo...What you're saying is you don't get your reasoning behind Sideshow's reasoning for using polystone?! Thanks for the insight!:rolleyes::lol

Soooo...What you're saying is you don't get your reasoning behind Sideshow's reasoning for using polystone?! Thanks for the insight!:rolleyes::lol

No, what I mean is, if my assumption is correct, I don't get why they would feel plastic would make the enviroment pieces of lesser quality when the figures they are displayed with are also plastic. That clear it up for you?

Not sure if you're referring to production or customization, but production pieces can be polystone with electronics, light up PFs are, the T2 LSB is.

With things like environments I get the usage of Polystone, it looks better but I would be okay if SSC went plastic on things like the fridge for Indy or even the throne because it'd save me a couple of bucks. That being said I'm getting both tomorrow. :D

Not sure if you're referring to production or customization, but production pieces can be polystone with electronics, light up PFs are, the T2 LSB is.

In this case I believe he is referring to after the fact customization. If it were plastic you'd be able to add lights but with Poly you'd have to break it and resculpt over it and it'd probably not look right afterwards.

With things like environments I get the usage of Polystone, it looks better but I would be okay if SSC went plastic on things like the fridge for Indy or even the throne because it'd save me a couple of bucks. That being said I'm getting both tomorrow. :D

I think it also depends on what the piece is representing. Something like Belloq's idol environment where there's rock texturing in the design, I think the realism you get with poly is better than you'll ever get plastic to achieve. Something like the throne, where all the surfaces are smooth and machined, I think plastic would do just fine at representing the texture.

Yeah, I meant customizing after the fact. I would love to see Sideshow attempt adding some electronics, but that hasn't happened yet. If the throne was hollow plastic, there could be an opportunity for us to add it ourselves. And as EF points out, for durability, I would prefer a quality plastic that was dyed whatever gray tone the throne is supposed to be.

Anyone catch my previous post/question about the PPO? I'm anxious to know what the deal is with that:confused:

Thanks evilface, good to hear. Fingers crossed...

Back