SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure we'll get ESB and ROTJ Vaders and possibly even ROTS Vader. Hopefully those will see Vader a bit more in scale with normal 1/6 stuff and less in DCD 13" scale.

I'm very mixed on that idea. On the one hand, I care more about those Vaders than ANH so that improvement would be welcome, but on the other hand, the difference would probably be fairly clear that ANH and the others aren't the same size, and to me it'd be a little strange to have a figure made by the same company and significantly inconsistent in size. Jedi Luke is a hair taller than the others, but basically all the same height on the short Buck, same with ANH and Bespin Han. I guess in the end I'd be happiest just having a ROTJ Vader looking sharp and proper size to Piett and Palpatine.

I only want one Vader so for me personally I would hope for a size fix as I won't buy one at the current scale which is a shame because it otherwise looks pretty decent.

It's a beautiful figure, but depending on what pose he's in or what figure's he's with, the size difference can be more or less apparent, and I find it's mainly his height, just could stand to be a bit shorter. There's room for dome fixes, that much I'm confident will happen on the next Vader, but I don't know if they'll redo to the body with patterns already set for his body suit and robe and cape, we'll see though.

I want to pick up the current ANH Vader in the worst way to go along with my exclusive Palps & Throne. On the other hand, I don't know if I should wait for hopefully another shorter version (preferably ROTJ). The problem is not knowing how long and if we are going to get another at all.

I can see how he needs a dome fix.. even if the current one really doesn't bother me that much once I futzed with him a bit.

But his height is not an issue for me.
For me.
So don't freak out here, and try to start something.
I'm just saying that the height thing is something I think most of us can live with. He is by no means "out of scale" to me.

And if I get a good reveal Vader, and he's anywhere near as cool as the regular one I have, i'll be stoked.

I realize some of you have problems with his height. But that only drives my point home. If they had made him even a hair shorter, some of you would have been complaining about how short he was.

Then again.. this IS a star wars thread..
;p

I don't think anyone would be bothered by him being shortER, the general consensus I've gotten is, he could be short or tall, better for him to be too tall, but I think everyone would be fine if he was shorter. You've got about an inch or so shorter than he came out before he becomes an unacceptable short height. He's not like horribly too tall, but he could come down half an inch or so.

Vader and Palpatine

ROTJ1.jpg

50.jpg

Vader and Piett

ROTJ2.jpg

27.jpg

Vader and Luke

ROTJ4.jpg

ROTJ3.jpg

ROTJ5.jpg

52.jpg

The problem is, if Palpatine is on a tiny Pro body and you mod him to be bigger, will he then be out of proportion to the throne?
I did not want the throne as I have always wanted him standing next to my Vader. It's funny as the Troopers never look out of place next to Vader. Maybe the skinniness of the Pro bodied Humans plus the short stature plays a part, but if Palpatine is around the same height as Piett then that would be fine with me

vader is very tall -
but surely thats the point - he's meant to be 7foot tall in the flesh(?)
- it took a while to adjust but thats because i have my medi vader there till sideshow put out

vader is very tall -
but surely thats the point - he's meant to be 7foot tall in the flesh(?)
- it took a while to adjust but thats because i have my medi vader there till sideshow put out

Vader is 2.2 meters tall which equates roughly to 6ft 6in tall, consistent with David Prowse's height of 6ft 5in plus armor.

More like 6'8" or so depending on how much the helmet adds to his height which in scale is a difference of about 1.3 inches over 6' (12"). Mark Hammel isn't that tall and in of the film screens Vader doesn't seem more than a foot taller than him so 6'8" doesn't seem that off the mark.

Vader is 2.2 meters tall which equates roughly to 6ft 6in tall, consistent with David Prowse's height of 6ft 5in plus armor.

:lecture Yup! That's what I used when making my custom Vader...right around 13 3/8" in sicth scale or so allowing a couple of inches gained in boots and dome.

Sideshow's is too tall. One of my projects on vacation is to take the spare Vader body I have and shorten it to the proper height :p

Correct. I'm 6'6", same height as Prowse (Depending on who you ask), and in full vader gear, I'm 6'10". Still a little shorter than the Sideshow figure would be at scale, but the height does add a more menacing 'look' to Vader.

I thought someone did and he is exactly 14 inches.

He looks taller than that a lot of the time. He's much taller than my 13+" Hurricane Vader, which seems perfectly proportioned.

At 14" that makes him 7 foot which is close enough to 6'8" or whatever Vader is. We're talking 4 inches.

Maybe Maulfan is right -- maybe everyone else is too short. I know SS Darth Maul is (LepriMaul or Maulichaun).

:Nerd Alert!:

Good grief. A 12-part PBS TV Special discussing a mere 1/2 inch on a Vader doll--in the Emperor & Throne thread of all places.

The stereotypes are true. It's no surprise to me why SW has fallen to the lower echelons of "cool" in Geekville, USA...

Back