SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always liked the ending. The Frankenstein nod was awesome, and the "NO!!!" although not Globe Theatre material, was a nod to the same melodramatics that were a hallmark of all early horror. I didn't dwell on it beyond that.

The last 40 minutes of that movie ruled. The only thing I didn't like was that they took a minute for Yoda to tell Obi-wan that he had contacted Qui-gon, at the expense of Yoda landing on Dagobah. They could have just as easily put a spirit Qui-gon waiting for Yoda when he disembarked. It would have achieved the same and saved a bump in the momentum. That little conversation between Yoda and Obi-wan felt like the whole movie stopped dead in its tracks.

ROTS Vader=FAIL

2r3b7d4.gif

The last 40 minutes of that movie ruled. The only thing I didn't like was that they took a minute for Yoda to tell Obi-wan that he had contacted Qui-gon, at the expense of Yoda landing on Dagobah. They could have just as easily put a spirit Qui-gon waiting for Yoda when he disembarked. It would have achieved the same and saved a bump in the momentum. That little conversation between Yoda and Obi-wan felt like the whole movie stopped dead in its tracks.

Sadly, to achieve that would have meant other cool things added too, I believe they wanted to get Neeson for some voice over work, I believe in the script, I know in the comic adaptation it's there, when Yoda's meditating before Obi-Wan arrives with Padme, there is internal dialogue between him and Qui-Gon, that would have been cool too.

Also the make up of Tarkin was not designed to be seen close up.
How can Tarkin, Vader and Palpatine together be fail?

And ROTS :rocks I don't care what the haters say

Didn't say I hated it. Just that the focus of that scene was a different subject than intended. Again, while you're supposed to be focused on the new Vader, but he was so underwhelming that I was distracted by seeing Tarkin. Even the Death Star being constructed in the background is a visual detour from what is supposed to be the main focus.

"Don't do it Anakin, I have the high ground , just like Darth Maul did with me in the TPM. PLUS I didn't have a lightsaber!"--:lol

Comparing the two styles though, while Anakin's excelled at numerous attacking styles, Obi Wan had perfected the defensive style (I forget the names) and Anakin knew this. So that was a fair statement to make to remind Anakin, his "brother," who wasn't only in a tactically poor position, but too emotionally involved, of his situation.

The line that bugged me the most about ROTS was "Only the Sith deal in absolutes!"

No, only the Jedi deal in absolutes. Sith pretty much do whatever the hell they want :D

And ROTS does kick ass. My favorite of the 6.

frisbee-fail.jpg

I will say it's the best of the PT, IMO.... By far. In fact the only thing that really pisses me off with that film is the "Lord Vader... Rise" scene. Huge let down. I guess a part of me was hoping for Anakin to get f'd up midway through so we would get an armored Vader v. Obi-Wan duel... Still loved the duel between the two though.

Oh, and a nude Padme scene would have helped. :tap

The line that bugged me the most about ROTS was "Only the Sith deal in absolutes!"

No, only the Jedi deal in absolutes. Sith pretty much do whatever the hell they want :D

I think they both the Jedi and Sith deal in absolutes.

The Jedi far from perfect, and Palpatine points this out to Anakin. He tells him that the Jedi and the Sith are very similar in many ways even though the Jedi seem unaware of this.

One of the few Jedi that does not deal in absolutes is Luke, as he refuses to except that Vader can not be saved.

In the end, the Jedi had started to become "lost", they were losing their powers, becoming arrogant, etc.. They read the prophecy incorrectly and couldn't really see that the will of the Force was that the Jedi order needed to be "rebooted" if you will. The Emperor was doing the will of the Force unknowingly as well as the Jedi....Anakin was the catalyst that helped the Force achieve it's goal through Luke.

That's how I always see it, not to sound corny but the Force works in mysterious ways, The Jedi were waiting around for Anakin to become this god and were blind to the true intentions of the Force-a New Jedi Order.

Darthrazz, so true.
All it takes is one b@tch to mess up everything...and the Emperor was this indeed!
Ironically, its just like life though. My Ex's father is trying to make a disturbance in the force and love between me and my little girl.

Believe me, there is no "good in him."
Im done with my rant.

Luke in the novels brought back the Jedi ways of old were the Jedi were aloud to have meaningful relationships with others and even have married couples serving as Jedi and their children being born into it.

The old Jedi order was very restrctive and controlling. Qui Gonn was the rebel among and only someone like him would have been able to introduce Anakin into the Jedi order. Had it been another Jedi they would have blown him off as being to old to train as a Jedi.

Sadly, to achieve that would have meant other cool things added too, I believe they wanted to get Neeson for some voice over work, I believe in the script, I know in the comic adaptation it's there, when Yoda's meditating before Obi-Wan arrives with Padme, there is internal dialogue between him and Qui-Gon, that would have been cool too.

Now, I'm not a grammar Nazi, but I'm pretty sure that's the longest sentence with commas that I've ever seen. :lol

Sorry Maul. I still love you. :wave

Back