SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:Nerd Alert!:

Good grief. A 12-part PBS TV Special discussing a mere 1/2 inch on a Vader doll--in the Emperor & Throne thread of all places.

The stereotypes are true. It's no surprise to me why SW has fallen to the lower echelons of "cool" in Geekville, USA...

:lol

And this is news?

BTW, Star Wars was never cool.

Has anyone measured the SS vader standing straight and tall? I forget if this was posted, must have been somewhere.

I thought someone did and he is exactly 14 inches.

Yes, I measured him when I got him for everyone to know.

Vader stands just over 14" tall.

I don't know who's height is right or wrong, all I know is, there's a clear difference in his height to other figures that doesn't sync with the height differences between the real characters. Since many 1/6 figures aren't exactly 1/6 of the source (HT Rambo's are 6 feet tall by scale and Stallone is not), it should be about scaling with each other. Vader might be true 1/6 in height, but it's not in sync with the other characters.

While different Vader actors, the height difference compared to ROTJ is about the same, and the Sideshow Vader cannot look like this next to Palpatine.

darth_sidious_4.jpg

I think there's a reason Sideshow didn't post any pics of the Emperor standing up next to Vader.

If you do the helmet mod for Vader that lowers the dome to the right spot, and bend his knees a bit, I'm sure he'd be very close to perfect height. If they make that change on future Vaders, then they will have basically solved the problem.

ROTS Vader is so full of fail.... They made a big mistake letting Hayden in the suit. He is far to slight of frame and short of stature to be a credibly suited Vader. He has that huge helmet on. :lol

I thought the suit looked great in ROTS.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GtJpg4d93-w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GtJpg4d93-w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Plus there is a 19 year gap between Vader in ROTS and ANH, so he would look different physically

I agree there were certain moments were it looked ok. usually in shots that skewed perspective or were either from behind or half body shots.

That pic looks like two geeks in fancy dress.

Who's the bigger geek? The actors who got paid to do that? Or the one who buys toys of them?

I thought the suit looked great in ROTS.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GtJpg4d93-w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GtJpg4d93-w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Plus there is a 19 year gap between Vader in ROTS and ANH, so he would look different physically

That scene was such an epic fail. Your attention is supposed to be on Vader but I couldn't keep my eyes or mind off of the quick Tarkin cameo. :lol

It's too bad Tarkin's screen time was so far back, I was really impressed with what the makeup department pulled off on the actor.

Tarkin.jpg

That's funny, I've always thought ROTS Tarkin looked absolutely freaking horrible. Like that dude from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

That's funny, I've always thought ROTS Tarkin looked absolutely freaking horrible. Like that dude from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Odo? :lol

Well, hopefully SS won't consider anything other than ANH Tarkin. It'd be a scary suprise if they went for the ROTS version.

=Flosi;2186895]ROTS Vader=FAIL

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

Also, dainty hands on Vader=EPIC Fail....

His hands weren't positioned like that in the movie.

Also the make up of Tarkin was not designed to be seen close up.
How can Tarkin, Vader and Palpatine together be fail?

And ROTS :rocks I don't care what the haters say

Back