SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great moody pics, HeubertMichael!

That's one awesome pic!

Really, really, really nice pics and poses, Heubert and RRJ! :rock

Thanks. gents! :D

This particular photo suits really well with this Batman. Love it!

Thanks man -- when I had that particular photo on Photoshop I realized how close the headsculpt is to SSC's life-size bust :) Love how Bergholtz translated that mug in this 1/6 figure. And hey, great pics as well, I see that you're having fun with the artiulation! :D

Nice shots RRJ!! That first pose, in particular, rocks!

Really, really, really nice pics and poses, Heubert and RRJ! :rock
Thanks guys. Appreciate it. 😊

Thanks man -- when I had that particular photo on Photoshop I realized how close the headsculpt is to SSC's life-size bust :) Love how Bergholtz translated that mug in this 1/6 figure. And hey, great pics as well, I see that you're having fun with the artiulation! :D

Thanks! Yeah i noticed that too, the closeness to the life size bust. They really did a great job scaling the headsculpt down to 1/6.

And yes im having fun playing it. Cause I can't do any of these poses with the Medicom's and HT's Batman releases. I even sold my Medicom Hush BM after getting the SS one. Have fun! 😊

I was reading Michaels Toy Review, and he mentions the hips have a ratcheting/clicking to them allowing for stable deep poses. My figure's hips are smooth like a True Type. Only the shoulders ratchet. Does anyone else have a Batman figure with ratcheting hips?

BOBBY

I was reading Michaels Toy Review, and he mentions the hips have a ratcheting/clicking to them allowing for stable deep poses. My figure's hips are smooth like a True Type. Only the shoulders ratchet. Does anyone else have a Batman figure with ratcheting hips?

BOBBY

I have/had 5 Batman bodies and none of them have that.

Last edited:
My bat's right elbow went completely limp without posing it. It's just been in the box until I finished up my display in our basement. I contacted sideshow to see about a replacement, but figured it was a long shot, but they sent me a new body, which is awesome! I was expecting to have to sew his suit into the new one, so I was hoping the suit was included. Turns out they sent me a short earwd bats, complete with cape, boots, closed fists and everything, plus a box! Now I'm trying to figure out what sort of custom to make!

I just got my Batman & it appears that I got 2 right feet. Are the feet distinguishable or am I just seeing things?

My bat's right elbow went completely limp without posing it. It's just been in the box until I finished up my display in our basement. I contacted sideshow to see about a replacement, but figured it was a long shot, but they sent me a new body, which is awesome! I was expecting to have to sew his suit into the new one, so I was hoping the suit was included. Turns out they sent me a short earwd bats, complete with cape, boots, closed fists and everything, plus a box! Now I'm trying to figure out what sort of custom to make!

Wow! Congrats man. Glad SSC gave you superb aftermarket service. Did they ask you to destroy the faulty body?

I just got my Batman & it appears that I got 2 right feet. Are the feet distinguishable or am I just seeing things?

I just checked mine, they can be tricky but you can distinguish which goes to the left and which one goes to the right...

Is this a common fault to be wary of? I am close to pulling the trigger on one of these.

...and it's not a common issue, not one that I've head of.

...and it's not a common issue, not one that I've head of.

Good to know. This will likely be my next purchase. My last purchase was the Enterbay JCVD, and I was going to follow that up with the Phicen Lady Action. But since finding out that the latter doesn't use the Phicen stainless steel body, I am looking for my next purchase, and it looks like Batman it is.

Good to know. This will likely be my next purchase. My last purchase was the Enterbay JCVD, and I was going to follow that up with the Phicen Lady Action. But since finding out that the latter doesn't use the Phicen stainless steel body, I am looking for my next purchase, and it looks like Batman it is.

You'll love this figure, man. It's a great release from Sideshow. Most poseable 1/6 Batman I have in my collection, as the suit is neither restrictive nor fragile. You'll love the cape for sure :)

R
Wow! Congrats man. Glad SSC gave you superb aftermarket service. Did they ask you to destroy the faulty body?

Nope. I might try to fix it now that there's no risk. To be honest, the SSC cape looks Awesom on the 89 bats, just the wrong color, but I'm not sure if I can dye the fabric or not.

You'll love this figure, man. It's a great release from Sideshow. Most poseable 1/6 Batman I have in my collection, as the suit is neither restrictive nor fragile. You'll love the cape for sure :)

I have been torn between the SSC Batman and buying one of the Medicom ones. I have watched some of the reviews of the SSC Batman, and I have decided that is the one I want. The cape does look fantastic, there's so much of it.

What put me off with the Medicom figures, is that though they look like they are solidly made, especially the headsculpts, the Batsuit looks awful. The Tony Mei suits looks much better.

R

Nope. I might try to fix it now that there's no risk. To be honest, the SSC cape looks Awesom on the 89 bats, just the wrong color, but I'm not sure if I can dye the fabric or not.

Wow, your misfortune turned out to be a luck in disguise :) You can actually make another full-Batman figure out what you now have :)
As for the paint, if I'm not mistaken someone said on this thread before that the cape is hard to dye, but someone managed to do so using fabric paint.

I have been torn between the SSC Batman and buying one of the Medicom ones. I have watched some of the reviews of the SSC Batman, and I have decided that is the one I want. The cape does look fantastic, there's so much of it.

What put me off with the Medicom figures, is that though they look like they are solidly made, especially the headsculpts, the Batsuit looks awful. The Tony Mei suits looks much better.

The Medi-DC figures including the ones they have just unveiled at a recent Toy Fair have a lot of promise, but I wish Medi would bother to improve on their tailoring materials as well as their bodies' proportions. Their thin-waist, pin headed figures and their ill-fitting tights don't complement each other, IMO.

Wow, your misfortune turned out to be a luck in disguise :) You can actually make another full-Batman figure out what you now have :)
As for the paint, if I'm not mistaken someone said on this thread before that the cape is hard to dye, but someone managed to do so using fabric paint.

Yeah, I'm torn between doing a new blue grey bats or something else. I'd hate to ruin the parts that I have, and I can always pick up an extra black cape when the Gotham knight version comes out. Maybe I can sell off the parts I have now to fund that one.

I've had both figures and say go with Sideshow. They really knocked this one out of the park. Everything on it is really well done, sturdy, and you get a ton of accessories that you don't get with Medicom.

The Medicom one is okay, but the rubbery suit is a little sticky and gets over-stretched very easily. I would only say go with Medicom if you absolutely must have the "Hush" look.

Saw this figure for the first time in person today at my local comic shop. People aren't kidding when they say he is waaaay better in hand than Internet pics can do justice to, and they were having a sale $157 for him brand new! I Didn't have the cash on me though so I'm gonna have to go back and hope he's still there.

He does photograph oddly for some reason.

But yea, in hand, awesome figure. SS's quality is hit and miss with their stuff, but Batman's cape is a work of art. The best of any mass produced figure in this scale.

I didn't like this figure at first, but it kinda' grown on me from watching a lot of reviews of this figure on Youtube. I finally pulled the trigger, and it turned out a lot better in hand. And the poseability is really impressive! This is the first time i could do this in a 1/6 scale!

ff1056f39bcb7c84f8cba8283d79b8ac.jpg

a4c1d15c18d7df8483fac409fa92c5de.jpg

Yikes those knees....

Back