Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Good move man, yeah I am glad I got the EX too. I wouldn't be happy with regular batman PF, yes I admit it I like the exclusivity of the statue regardless what people said about the batarang. I saw the EX in sdcc in person and I can CLEARLY SEE THE BATARANG. This status is HUGE in person and I know I would not want to see my Batman PF without the batarang. EX ftw :rock

Congrats dude ... I am glad you got what you want. I will still have a fantastic regular, and both of us can be happy

WTF man 7500 limited edition??????...."limited edition". I think SS miss the whole point here. I could understand the profit that SS is conidering , but if SS continues making big numbers on their statues i would seriously consider a trully Limited edition company, as this will NOT be a trully colletable statues.I guess Superman pf will be around that. THIS IS BECOMING A JOKE SS

WTF man 7500 limited edition??????...."limited edition". I think SS miss the whole point here. I could understand the profit that SS is conidering , but if SS continues making big numbers on their statues i would seriously consider a trully Limited edition company, as this will NOT be a trully colletable statues.I guess Superman pf will be around that. THIS IS BECOMING A JOKE SS

Kind of harsh lol but I tend to agree with you. :wave They only made 4000 Darth Vader and 4000 Indiana Jones ROTLA PFs and those are STILL easy to find everywhere years later. I guess I see SS wants to make tons of money off DC but I cancelled my Ex because I like to collect limited pieces. I thought maybe 5000 pieces max and for me that was already too much. 9500 is not limited IMO. I'm glad someone will get their waitlist converted that will appreciate and enjoy this piece more because I cancelled my Ex. I still want Supes PF but probably not if they're making 9500 of him.

who cares about the ES

True but some people, including me, do also collect based on ES. I personally like collecting more limited pieces ie: Universal Monster PFs and Patient Zero, etc. It's kind of like "Not everyone can drive a Porsche" but if everyone could drive one, they wouldn't be as special (at least to me). No, lol I don't drive a Porsche but I do like collecting smaller ES pieces. That's why I cancelled my Batman EX 'cause I know someone out there will appreciate and enjoy him more than me. He's an awesome PF but I prefer keeping it more limited just IMO. To each their own absolutely. I may buy Superman anyway 'cause his PF blew me away the most out of all the DC pieces but that'll be it for me in DC with these crazy numbers. :wave

Last edited:

True but some people, including me, do also collect based on ES. I personally like collection more limited pieces ie: Universal Monster PFs and Patient Zero, etc. It's kind of like "Not everyone can drive a Porsche" but if everyone could drive one, they wouldn't be as special (at least to me). No, lol I don't drive a Porsche but I do like collection smaller ES pieces. That's why I cancelled my Batman EX 'cause I know someone out there will appreciate and enjoy him more than me. He's an awesome PF but I prefer keeping it more limited just IMO. To each their own absolutely. I may buy Superman anyway 'cause his PF blew me away the most out of all the DC pieces but that'll be it for me in DC with these crazy numbers. :wave

sound reasoning :rolleyes2

Lots of people collect based on ES, that's ok, others do it appreciation of the value of a piece, also ok, others do it for the sculpt, point is whatever the reason is that you collect it's all good as long as you have fun doing it that's all that matters, if you buy for the sole purpose of resell then you have to go straight to hell.

I can't wait till they make the 1:2 Batman. They may even make a 1:1 in the future.

Lots of people collect based on ES, that's ok, others do it appreciation of the value of a piece, also ok, others do it for the sculpt, point is whatever the reason is that you collect it's all good as long as you have fun doing it that's all that matters, if you buy for the sole purpose of resell then you have to go straight to hell.

:exactly::goodpost: Thanks for the support. I like DC a lot but I thought SS would limit this to around 4000-5000 ES like they did other huge lines. Anyway, I do like to collect more limited pieces and I'm glad someone will get more enjoyment out of my Batman Ex than I would have. He's an awesome PF, just IMO I wanted him a little more "limited." Congrats though to everyone that gets one. I probably will buy Supes straight for the sculpt anyway but that's it for DC. Supes is my favorite PF of the DC line so far. :)

That sounds about right to me. I don't really care why / how others collect as long as we all have fun whats the difference.

The problem some of you are missing is the whole reason these statues are expensive is because of the high quality and exclusivity, if you throw that out of the window and start making ridiculous numbers then the price should be chopped in half. Look at the ridiculous Hulk PF, $650 with no edition size, that makes no damn sense at all, it should have been $300 max for that. For the Batman PF they were better off making it " limited edition " instead of 7,500 because it would make Sideshow save face, there is nothing exclusive about having a product where over 9,500 are going to be made, $400 for that is way too much.

That whole " don't care about edition size " argument makes no sense, and it doesn't apply to these expensive items since Sideshow wouldn't even be relevant if they haven't had their products numbered since the quality and the prices are so high.

That whole " don't care about edition size " argument makes no sense, and it doesn't apply to these expensive items since Sideshow wouldn't even be relevant if they haven't had their products numbered since the quality and the prices are so high.

You really don't think SS would not be relevant even if they had all OPEN edition sizes? Where else can you find such high quality 1/4 scale statues? Who is the competition knocking down their door? Some people like to buy high priced extremely rare items so they can look around at other people that don't have those items and feel superior. Many other collectors buy these statues because they love the iconic figures and what they represent and couldn't give a crap if everyone and their brother was able to get one, as long as its shining brightly in their collection.

The problem some of you are missing is the whole reason these statues are expensive is because of the high quality and exclusivity, if you throw that out of the window and start making ridiculous numbers then the price should be chopped in half. Look at the ridiculous Hulk PF, $650 with no edition size, that makes no damn sense at all, it should have been $300 max for that. For the Batman PF they were better off making it " limited edition " instead of 7,500 because it would make Sideshow save face, there is nothing exclusive about having a product where over 9,500 are going to be made, $400 for that is way too much.

:goodpost: I agree with sonic the hedge hog! :1-1: believe me I really do. :clap I know some don't care about at all. But yes that's fine as well. But I prefer what sonic says.

I see WAY too many pissed off people here when each edition size is released to believe that.

But if the demand has gone up its relative in my opinion. There will still be a great demand because Sideshow is gaining popularity by the second. I am sure that when they take a look at the waitlistings they can see about where the ES needs to be. I guess I am just of the mindset that demand dictates ES usually. Even the regular will cost you more than retail if you sell it down the road. That to me makes it exclusive in its own right.

The higher the percieved demand for a product the hgher the production. Demand will impact price and quantity as supply should not be an issue. Therefore, the more people freak out in these forums and shoot out "this is totally gonna cost this much...", the higher SS will set its upper price threshold.

Based on price elasticity of demand, the more SS feels that demand will drop based on a per-unit increase in price, the easier it is for SS to set its target distribution and pricing. Cost of production will factor in, but very little.

Really, how much do you think it costs to build these? Although the workmanship is very good on these pieces, they arent built from rare materials and they arent individually carved out of stone. This is all mass produced and not worth near what we pay. To us it is, because we love it.

Think of what you could buy with $450 outside of this hobby. Is it fair price for a Batman statue? Absolutely not. Are there people out there who would pay it? Absolutely (me included).

:exactly::goodpost: Great PF design but IMO you will catch it on ebay for 1/3 the price soon enough. BUT respect to those that keep him and don't sell him. I'm passing on my EX 'cause of the ES. I will concentrate on pieces that are hard to come by instead. Respect to SS though, they have to make money with DC but with this ES this piece is not for me. To each their own though :)

But if the demand has gone up its relative in my opinion. There will still be a great demand because Sideshow is gaining popularity by the second. I am sure that when they take a look at the waitlistings they can see about where the ES needs to be. I guess I am just of the mindset that demand dictates ES usually. Even the regular will cost you more than retail if you sell it down the road. That to me makes it exclusive in its own right.

I find that hard to believe with an edition size of 7500. Ex, definitely, the reg is doubtful.

Back