Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I'm not a fan of Jim Lee for either Batman or Superman. Batman's bulk with the growl head makes me think Miller, which is awesome. Superman looks like Alex Ross' work which is perfect.

Alex Ross superman= :monkey1 ---- Jim lee superman= :clap

Jim Lee's current Superman sucks.

Alex Ross is in the list of definitive Superman artists. Ross, Byrne, Swan, Boring, Shuster are all in the top ten. I'm not sure Lee is.

Jim Lee's current Superman sucks.

Alex Ross is in the list of definitive Superman artists. Ross, Byrne, Swan, Boring, Shuster are all in the top ten. I'm not sure Lee is.

You know I don't hate the new one, but his "For Tomorrow" images were iconic.

You know I don't hate the new one, but his "For Tomorrow" images were iconic.

Lee's work on "For Tomorrow" was nice, but it was short. The other artists I listed have done more work with Superman (Ross has done the least) and have played a much larger role in the history of the character.

Lee's current incarnation of Superman is, in my opinion, apocryphal.

Lee's work on "For Tomorrow" was nice, but it was short. The other artists I listed have done more work with Superman (Ross has done the least) and have played a much larger role in the history of the character.

Lee's current incarnation of Superman is, in my opinion, apocryphal.

Actually, Ross has done almost as much as Lee if you look at Justice, Kingdom Come, and the various other pieces. Byrne and Jurgens have also done iconic versions of Supes. As for Lees new version, while I don't hate it, I will never accept it as my Superman. The New 52 is just a peak into the 52end world in the DC universe, and I am sure that very soon we will once again see our classic DCU again.

The New 52 is just a peak into the 52end world in the DC universe, and I am sure that very soon we will once again see our classic DCU again.

I can't wait. The new 52 just feels all wrong. Having Cyborg as a founding member of the JLA is crazy. It just seems to piss all over the DC stories I read as a kid. One of my favorite books was the Titans. Cyborg was the very heart of the Titans. Marv and George's work on that book was phenomenal. I want my classic DCU back yesterday. I can't wait for this fad to fade.

I can't wait. The new 52 just feels all wrong. Having Cyborg as a founding member of the JLA is crazy. It just seems to piss all over the DC stories I read as a kid. One of my favorite books was the Titans. Cyborg was the very heart of the Titans. Marv and George's work on that book was phenomenal. I want my classic DCU back yesterday. I can't wait for this fad to fade.

I think what we will get in a few years, if not sooner, will be a hint that the New 52 is literally just that. In Countdown Earth 51 or 52 was destroyed, and I think the title of all the new books is a dead giveaway hat this is just the newly recreated universe 52. So some day soon we will get a glimps back to the DC Universe that we know and love, and shortly after that with a partial or full reversion back to those stories. Remember the old Earth 1 and Earth 2 of the 60s-80s was just DC doing the same thing withe Earth 2 being the WWII era heroes, and Earth 1 being the reboot. Everything comes in cycles.

I think what we will get in a few years, if not sooner, will be a hint that the New 52 is literally just that. In Countdown Earth 51 or 52 was destroyed, and I think the title of all the new books is a dead giveaway hat this is just the newly recreated universe 52. So some day soon we will get a glimps back to the DC Universe that we know and love, and shortly after that with a partial or full reversion back to those stories. Remember the old Earth 1 and Earth 2 of the 60s-80s was just DC doing the same thing withe Earth 2 being the WWII era heroes, and Earth 1 being the reboot. Everything comes in cycles.

Nice hypothesis but I don't think that would happen. Kids these days just don't have the patience or attention span to try to understand or comprehend all the history Pre-New 52. I don't think I have the patience. Down the road in 10 years, the New 52 will be gospel to the new-gen and we're just going to have to live with it. Personally, I'm a fan of the New 52 because it's a starting point that I can fully grasp without the daunting task of needing to know everything that happened before then. I. Fully on board. It will be interesting to see how Marvel NOW unfolds.

Nice hypothesis but I don't think that would happen. Kids these days just don't have the patience or attention span to try to understand or comprehend all the history Pre-New 52. I don't think I have the patience. Down the road in 10 years, the New 52 will be gospel to the new-gen and we're just going to have to live with it. Personally, I'm a fan of the New 52 because it's a starting point that I can fully grasp without the daunting task of needing to know everything that happened before then. I. Fully on board. It will be interesting to see how Marvel NOW unfolds.

If I am right you owe me a Grail.... Or a Coke ... Your choice:wink1:

Oh geez...How about some Batman art

Philip Tan
PhilipTan.jpg

Ethan Van Sciver
tumblr_ma5ovdMkj51r9cnoio1_500.jpg

John Cassaday
tumblr_m8wxgmzF5s1r7hjkqo7_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Well it is DCs fault for convoluting their franchise to hell with pre-crisis, post crisis, 10 Flashes, 10 Green Lanterns of Earth, Kal-El, Kal-L and all that BS.

New 52 wasn't a bad idea. The execution has been flawed though. Batman and the court of Owls was fantastic. GL seems untouched. I like WW new origins. I think Superman sporting some kind of light armored material is kind of cool. Hell if I was a beign who's powers were from absorbing the Sun's radiation, I'd want some outfit that could assist me in absorbing more of it and maintain reserves when not under it.

Writers like to expand worlds o bring back their childhood heroes. And I get that, but a reboot every 15 years or so is just rediculous

I don't like what they did with Green Arrow. You don't mess with the beard ever.

Writers like to expand worlds o bring back their childhood heroes. And I get that, but a reboot every 15 years or so is just rediculous

Agreed, I honestly thought things were fine after Infinite Crisis. I dug where everything was, all the origins were clear, The Big Three were good, Hal was Back, Wally was Fine...then Final Crisis made things up a bit weird and low and behold now they start over with...some characters and leave the rest alone except that they've only been around 5 years...weird. I just don't see this ending well and yet another retcon/reboot in the near future.

Kinda Stupid.

Back