Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Congrats on 1000 dude ... So many helpful posts.

I will catch up eventually :rotfl:rotfl

Aww shucks it was nothin...

Congrats King, you've nearly wasted as much of your life on here as me. :lol

I don't know how many times my wife has screamed at me for looking at this forum stuff way too much ..... BUT IT WAS SO WORH IT!!! :hi5: thanks.

Will they unite to become the BI-ATCH twins???:lol

Lol... Well unite maybe. Can you imagine the conversation

"I don't know why they want to buy those statues anyway BLAH BLAH!"

" Blah Waste of money Blah blah"

" the darn things don't match my decorating style Blah Blah"

If any of that rings true you KNOW we would be in trouble...:gah::rotfl

Lol... Well unite maybe. Can you imagine the conversation

"I don't know why they want to buy those statues anyway BLAH BLAH!"

" Blah Waste of money Blah blah"

" the darn things don't match my decorating style Blah Blah"

If any of that rings true you KNOW we would be in trouble...:gah::rotfl

You forgot. "Have you preordered any new dolls lately?" :thwak

I am not getting the whole reason why people are bashing and hating on Jim Lee here....
Are people hating on him here strictly based on the new re-design of the New 52 or his artistic skill and style as a whole or is it because Jim Lee is like the whole mainstream aspect of Jim Lee, like alot of people like Jim Lee ?

In my honest opinion looking at just purely his artistic skills, Jim Lee is who he is today because he is a damn talented artist.

I mean, if people are making mad fun of Rob Liefield.... I can totally understand.

Last edited:

I won't speak for everyone else but I've just been trying to wind up Josh-a-tron after noobs have floated in and out of this and every DC thread saying they want more 'Jim Lee-inspired' figures. Josh takes it well though :rotfl and I agree Lee is a talented artist and I am a fan of his but there are other artists.

I won't speak for everyone else but I've just been trying to wind up Josh-a-tron after noobs have floated in and out of this and every DC thread saying they want more 'Jim Lee-inspired' figures. Josh takes it well though :rotfl and I agree Lee is a talented artist and I am a fan of his but there are other artists.

Well yeah, I totally agree there are thousands other great artists out there. But I am just wondering why all of the hate on Jim Lee that's all.

I am a big Jim Lee fan too and he is very influential in my art. Same goes to Greg Capullo... he is mighty awesome.

Well yeah, I totally agree there are thousands other great artists out there. But I am just wondering why all of the hate on Jim Lee that's all.

I am a big Jim Lee fan too and he is very influential in my art. Same goes to Greg Capullo... he is mighty awesome.

I think the whole point was that why not use other artist works to create statues not just Lees work. Lets not just focus on his work alone. There plenty of other phenomenal artist out there to talk about and that could be used as the next template for a SS statue. No big deal. The talk was not meant to hurt anyone. :wink1:

Lol... We noobs do tend to like our Lee ... :yess:. The thing is a figure could be inspired by a Lee Pose or designe (cough cough recent X-men statues cough cough), but not ape Lee's style. Yes I used the term "ape", and I did it properly; I may be a noob here, but I have been a member of an artistic forum aimed at bettering artistic skill for longer than some of the "vets" have been here, throw it 30 years of studying art, and I know of which I speak.

The problem is sculpture is different then the comic page. Lee's work is some of the best in the business when he is on time and focused on the 'art'. When he isn't the short cuts come out, and while he is still an above average artist, that is really only because Scott Williams pulls his work up with His fantastic inks. However, one of that means his work will translate to a photo realistic 3D sculpture. I can't wait to start following a whole new group of artists. Getting to know their style, and maybe taking the studying to a more hands on stage and try some sculpture myself.

I love Lee's work, but it is time for me to learn who the A list sculptors are. :yess::yess:

You don't have to be a "noob" to like Jim lee, I'm not even saying I prefer Lee's work over everybody else's, just that I like his version of characters, and would like to see some influence of his in the superman statue, I prefer other artis for WW, but yes I do enjoy Jim lee's work.

You don't have to be a "noob" to like Jim lee, I'm not even saying I prefer Lee's work over everybody else's, just that I like his version of characters, and would like to see some influence of his in the superman statue, I prefer other artis for WW, but yes I do enjoy Jim lee's work.

I know.., just laughing at the fact that we newbies get blamed for brining Jim Lee into everything ...:rotfl

I'll say it again, I don't hate Jim Lee, Hell I own a ton of Jim Lee Comics just because they're drawn by Jim Lee. But the fact is that there's two or three people on here that think he's the answer to every statue put out by Sideshow and is the end all be all of Comic Book art and toss his name into every thread for every character under the sun.

So I'm ignoring it at this point as ignorance and Bruce is basically making fun of it because it's just obnoxious.

And well making fun of Rob Liefeld, that's just a bonus that life has given us. :rotfl

Lol... We noobs do tend to like our Lee ... :yess:. The thing is a figure could be inspired by a Lee Pose or designe (cough cough recent X-men statues cough cough), but not ape Lee's style. Yes I used the term "ape", and I did it properly; I may be a noob here, but I have been a member of an artistic forum aimed at bettering artistic skill for longer than some of the "vets" have been here, throw it 30 years of studying art, and I know of which I speak.

The problem is sculpture is different then the comic page. Lee's work is some of the best in the business when he is on time and focused on the 'art'. When he isn't the short cuts come out, and while he is still an above average artist, that is really only because Scott Williams pulls his work up with His fantastic inks. However, one of that means his work will translate to a photo realistic 3D sculpture. I can't wait to start following a whole new group of artists. Getting to know their style, and maybe taking the studying to a more hands on stage and try some sculpture myself.

I love Lee's work, but it is time for me to learn who the A list sculptors are. :yess::yess:

2913611317_NOIDEAPIC_answer_2_xlarge.gif

I had no idea you were so well versed in such matters Spidey. :thud:

I'll post a sample of my art here it a bit lol. As for knowing a lot about the subject of art ... Well, I have studied it for a longtime, 30 years or so,and far more intensively over last 6 or so years in an effort to improve my own pencil craft. It is a love of mine, and like any good student I studied the work of those I respect ... Lol.

The only costume I like from the new 52 is Nightwing. I hope they make him or Tim Drake soon to pair up with Batman.

It's OK to be a Jim Lee fan. I dig his work and own a ton of his books. However, he is not the only comic book artist around and not every statue made by SSC should be based off his artwork. It does become tiresome when the newer members come here and talk about him and only him as if no other artists even exist. The worst part is these same handful of people don't even know enough about comics or the history of greats that have worked in the industry to know any better.

This industry has other great artists working or that have worked in it. Perez, Buscema, Kubert, Hughes, Adams, Byrne, Finch, Chan, Aparo, Wrightson, Dillon, Moebius, Windsor-Smith, Ross, Kirby, Ditko, Rude, Lopez, Cockrum, Starlin, Swan, Deodato, McNiven, Colan, Romita, Kane, Simonson, Steranko, Bolland, Davis, Miller, etc......

This is just a small list that comes to mind. There are so many other great artists that are not even listed above. Lee is a part of that list as well. While he is certainly worthy of being on the list, he is NOT the list. If Jim Lee is the only artist you know in comics then you are missing out on a lot of good work over the last few decades.

It's OK to be a Jim Lee fan. I dig his work and own a ton of his books. However, he is not the only comic book artist around and not every statue made by SSC should be based off his artwork. It does become tiresome when the newer members come here and talk about him and only him as if no other artists even exist. The worst part is these same handful of people don't even know enough about comics or the history of greats that have worked in the industry to know any better.

This industry has other great artists working or that have worked in it. Perez, Buscema, Kubert, Hughes, Adams, Byrne, Finch, Chan, Aparo, Wrightson, Dillon, Moebius, Windsor-Smith, Ross, Kirby, Ditko, Rude, Lopez, Cockrum, Starlin, Swan, Deodato, McNiven, Colan, Romita, Kane, Simonson, Steranko, Bolland, Davis, Miller, etc......

This is just a small list that comes to mind. There are so many other great artists that are not even listed above. Lee is a part of that list as well. While he is certainly worthy of being on the list, he is NOT the list. If Jim Lee is the only artist you know in comics then you are missing out on a lot of good work over the last few decades.

Now, that is one hell of a great list. The only thing I would say is that right now Jim Lee is kind of the Rock Star of pencilers. He has slowly risen to a position of power in the industry that very few pencilers have ever reached. He is on MTV, Good Morning America, and that is just a few. He isn't the greatest, but he is one of the most recognizable if not the most recognizable both in and out of the industry.

Back