Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Unless they pull the same crap with this as they did with Hulk maquette and change the specs later on....:gah:
:pfft::pfft::pfft:

hey new to the forum here. I have been trying to post for a week but it says my post needs to be modded so I guess it never shows....

I know batman got postponed but does that include the EX version too?

Where do you guys display your larger statues. I have yet to find a good place for my metal gear rex. I recently bought an ikea shelf next to my TV that it currently sits on and for upcoming statues, but I wanted to get some other ideas.

Have a look in the Show Your Shelves section man. This is my set up, its in progress:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbgwqEidObo[/ame]

It has been delayed over and over again. Im guessing (hoping too :pray:) the QC and the final production is going to be awesome :rock

It better be for $400. Plus if they screw up with an ES of 9500 as a company they'd be in BIG trouble lol. I'm sure he will be perfect which is why the delay is happening IMO. :dunno :)

hey new to the forum here. I have been trying to post for a week but it says my post needs to be modded so I guess it never shows....

I know batman got postponed but does that include the EX version too?

Where do you guys display your larger statues. I have yet to find a good place for my metal gear rex. I recently bought an ikea shelf next to my TV that it currently sits on and for upcoming statues, but I wanted to get some other ideas.

In answer to your first question: Yes, the Ex is delayed too. It always works that way. And WELCOME! :wave

As for statues depending on how many you own IKEA Besta or PAX or you can have them custom made. You can also Google Curio Cabinets but they can get pricey.

He would be too small to make hollow...? I hope SS doesn't cut corners on this. We shall see I guess. :dunno

No he's not. Joker, Ivy, and Deadpool PFs are all 8lbs-10lbs. They are obviously hollow at that weight. They are all also smaller than Bats. If SSC wants to cut corners, they will eggshell the hell out of Bats. I pray they don't. It would just crush many of us if this turns into a Rhino fiasco. I can't imagine having to return this piece because of QC issues. I just have a feeling SSC is gonna get the Bat right. He's too important a character in the DC line to blow it.

Oh Jebus! There was a Rhino Fiasco aswell!! What is going on!!

The bases are hollow but the figs aren't are they?

Even the figs have hollow parts. I remember someone posting in the Joker thread that his PF arrived with one of his legs detached. He pulled it from the body and when he looked at it he pointed out it was unfinished (that really doesn't matter because we can't see under the suit pants) and also hollow. I'm sure that some parts are solid but anything can be hollow on their statues nowadays. That's why they are so light.

I really don't mind hollow parts to a statue. Especially with really large pieces. Hell, if the Hulk or Galactus Maquettes were solid, they could easily tip the scales between 60lbs to 75lbs without a problem. Not many shelves can hold that kind of weight. I know I'd worry about my displays at that weight.

I think there is room for a compromise between weight/quality and SSC managing their bottom line. I think the Hulk Com is a perfect example of this. The Com weighs 30lbs. It has good heft to it and feels like a quality piece. It also has hollow parts to it.

However, you really can't tell by looking at it or lifting it. Of course if it was solid it would weigh about 50lbs but it's not so light that you would really notice the difference much anyway. To me, that piece is a great example of a compromise between weight/quality and SSC protecting it's bottom line. The Skaar PF also falls into this category. He clocks in at 40lbs and is a quality piece with some hollow parts.

Even the figs have hollow parts. I remember someone posting in the Joker thread that his PF arrived with one of his legs detached. He pulled it from the body and when he looked at it he pointed out it was unfinished (that really doesn't matter because we can't see under the suit pants) and also hollow. I'm sure that some parts are solid but anything can be hollow on their statues nowadays. That's why they are so light.

I really don't mind hollow parts to a statue. Especially with really large pieces. Hell, if the Hulk or Galactus Maquettes were solid, they could easily tip the scales between 60lbs to 75lbs without a problem. Not many shelves can hold that kind of weight. I know I'd worry about my displays at that weight.

I think there is room for a compromise between weight/quality and SSC managing their bottom line. I think the Hulk Com is a perfect example of this. The Com weighs 30lbs. It has good heft to it and feels like a quality piece. It also has hollow parts to it.

However, you really can't tell by looking at it or lifting it. Of course if it was solid it would weigh about 50lbs but it's not so light that you would really notice the difference much anyway. To me, that piece is a great example of a compromise between weight/quality and SSC protecting it's bottom line. The Skaar PF also falls into this category. He clocks in at 40lbs and is a quality piece with some hollow parts.

Yeah it isn't a big deal if the structure is sound and the fig is up to specs I suppose.

Back