Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Screw the pics, the videos is where is at.

Looks like the Blue/Grey variant of the life size bust is coming

6910.jpg

:slap Man this treads really hit rock bottom. I'll be back when SDCC starts and we hopefully see this again. :lol

It was all C to the B to the G's fault I swears Arctic! :lol

Jumped on the waitlist for this guy locally. I'm not sure about getting this yet.

Maybe if my Supes EX doesn't convert by December, I'll pick up regular bats instead.

I was on the fence on this one for a long time.
I normally collect 1/6 but when the Supes ex came out, I knew I had to have it since I loved the head sculpt.
With Bats, I loved everything but the head sculpts so I held off. Since the ex was sold out, I figured the Superman EX would end up being my one and only Premium Format.

That being said, I just found a Batman EX on EBay for $475 including shipping. I am not sure what Sideshow charges for shipping but this was too good a deal to pass up and so it was ordered.
I am sure I will like the sculpts more once I see it in person and I do love the rest of the statue.
Now all I will need is Wonder Woman to complete the trinity to get the PF bug out of my system :D

I was on the fence on this one for a long time.
I normally collect 1/6 but when the Supes ex came out, I knew I had to have it since I loved the head sculpt.
With Bats, I loved everything but the head sculpts so I held off. Since the ex was sold out, I figured the Superman EX would end up being my one and only Premium Format.

That being said, I just found a Batman EX on EBay for $475 including shipping. I am not sure what Sideshow charges for shipping but this was too good a deal to pass up and so it was ordered.
I am sure I will like the sculpts more once I see it in person and I do love the rest of the statue.
Now all I will need is Wonder Woman to complete the trinity to get the PF bug out of my system :D

Your taking a big chance on the bay. Hope you actually get your EX bro.

Yeah, I saw that offer on ebay but passed. Ebay/paypal only covers you for up to 45 days. So...in theory once that time has passed the seller doesn't need to ship you anything. They have your cash.

Hope you didn't get conned.

Your taking a big chance on the bay. Hope you actually get your EX bro.

Yeah, I saw that offer on ebay but passed. Ebay/paypal only covers you for up to 45 days. So...in theory once that time has passed the seller doesn't need to ship you anything. They have your cash.

Hope you didn't get conned.

Thank guys. I was a little concerned about preordering on Ebay as well.

I checked his feedback and it looks like he has been around Ebay since Jan 2011. He has 29 feedbacks which isn't a heck of a lot. He has all positive feedback except for one neutral for an iphone case that didn't lay flat.

I am really hoping I am not his first venture into the world of criminal activity :pray:

Slight correction: I would be his 2nd venture.
I checked out the first one he had listed which sold for $500

Here is what it said:

Sideshow Exclusive Premium Format Batman!!!
This is a "Pre Order",listing just for you! I have 2 set aside for Ebay
priced to sell! Free shipping,$500.00 is the total price for US buyers!
I can NOT ship this internationally,very sorry.
I will ship this next day FREE for US buyers!
Paypal only
LE 2000
30 day delivery,unless there are factory delays,and I will offer
a full refund if there are any delays,at your request,
Buy from a trusted seller!
Please contact me with any questions.
I am a collector too,and will handle your purchase as I do my own!

If it's a con, it's an awful good one. Hopefully not though :pray:

Last edited:

I know who you're talking about, since I contacted him a while ago when the listing first showed up a couple weeks ago. He said that because the price was so low (then $500) that they couldn't accept a smaller deposit and then full payment when the product was in stock. Sounded fishy.

I hope you don't get ripped off, but if you've sent the money...there is nothing stopping him from letting the clock run out.

I know what you mean and I am wondering how he can even sell an exclusive at such a low price.
Right now I have the old adage running around in my head that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I don't have that kind of money to lose in a con.
Hopefully, it's a gamble that I will win.

Keep an eye on the seller. If you find him listing it again within the 45 days, consider asking for a refund, or disputing the paypal transaction.

Hope you don't get a bum deal. $500 is a lot to lose.

Keep an eye on the seller. If you find him listing it again within the 45 days, consider asking for a refund, or disputing the paypal transaction.

Hope you don't get a bum deal. $500 is a lot to lose.

Thanks for the good advise. I got mine for $475 but it's still a lot of money for me. I do plan to check out his future listings.

I know what you mean and I am wondering how he can even sell an exclusive at such a low price.
Right now I have the old adage running around in my head that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I don't have that kind of money to lose in a con.
Hopefully, it's a gamble that I will win.

I'm going to be honest with you as an ebay seller myself. If he fulfills that order he loses money. $500 minus 13.5%(ebay fees of 10% and a paypal fee of 3.5%) leaves him with $432.50 and we haven't even deducted shipping for both Sideshow and shipping to you plus the $400 cost of the statue. Do what you want but I'd get a refund immediately.

I'm going to be honest with you as an ebay seller myself. If he fulfills that order he loses money. $500 minus 13.5%(ebay fees of 10% and a paypal fee of 3.5%) leaves him with $432.50 and we haven't even deducted shipping for both Sideshow and shipping to you plus the $400 cost of the statue. Do what you want but I'd get a refund immediately.

And $475 would make it even worse. :(
I contacted the seller thanking him for the bargain and asking how he could afford to sell it so low.
Curious what he answers.

I see he just listed another when he originally said he was only making 2 available on EBay.

I received my response which sounds nice but I am getting more and more skeptical.

Here was the seler's answer to how they could afford to sell it so low:
Hi Alan!
Thank you for choosing us for your Batman Collectible!
We are collectors like yourself,and like to help out collectors
with good pricing when we can! We usually offer good pricing on
Pre-Orders,because you have to wait on the item,so if you are
waiting,we feel you should get a price break!
Please write anytime,our goal is to exceed your customer service
expectations!

I replied:
I am really looking forward to this statue and I am very grateful for the price you offered it at. I am just a little jittery since I generally don't preorder on EBay and I am a little concerned since this exclusive cost $399 from Sideshow, I can't see how you can make a profit. Are you sure this is for the Sideshow exclusive? I see that you just listed another and I thought from your previousl listing that you were just getting two. Please forgive me but since this might not be released until October, would it possible to refund and recharge every 30 days so I could be covered by Paypal protection? It would definitely ease my apprehension.

While I would love to get this for that incredible price, I really don't want to get ripped off. On top of which, I see the first buyer already gave him positive feedback before receiving the item.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Back