Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I see he just listed another when he originally said he was only making 2 available on EBay.

I received my response which sounds nice but I am getting more and more skeptical.

Here was the seler's answer to how they could afford to sell it so low:
Hi Alan!
Thank you for choosing us for your Batman Collectible!
We are collectors like yourself,and like to help out collectors
with good pricing when we can! We usually offer good pricing on
Pre-Orders,because you have to wait on the item,so if you are
waiting,we feel you should get a price break!
Please write anytime,our goal is to exceed your customer service
expectations!

I replied:
I am really looking forward to this statue and I am very grateful for the price you offered it at. I am just a little jittery since I generally don't preorder on EBay and I am a little concerned since this exclusive cost $399 from Sideshow, I can't see how you can make a profit. Are you sure this is for the Sideshow exclusive? I see that you just listed another and I thought from your previousl listing that you were just getting two. Please forgive me but since this might not be released until October, would it possible to refund and recharge every 30 days so I could be covered by Paypal protection? It would definitely ease my apprehension.

While I would love to get this for that incredible price, I really don't want to get ripped off. On top of which, I see the first buyer already gave him positive feedback before receiving the item.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen:lol

I hate to admit but I'm starting to get bored of waiting for him and losing interest :impatient:

I hate to admit but I'm starting to get bored of waiting for him and losing interest :impatient:

Just buy something else and forget about him. That's what I am doing. It's how I deal with the pain.:cuckoo:

Here was the last response:

Hi Alan,
When a store has an account with Sideshow,they get a discount when they purchase the statues,the $399 price is retail price,the store owner pays less than $399 for the statue,so we do make a profit.I am sorry you are worried about this pre-sale,but I will refund your money as you requested.I will do this on August 1st, a little less than 30 days,that way our sale cycle will be starting over again. As for listing another Batman,I did so because the person who purchased it,had a problem with a CC they used,I cant go into the details,but it was best tocancel that sale. At times we have access to other stores statues,and may get extra statues.If I can,I will try to work out something so I can refund you sooner than August 1st,please know we are honest,and we only want buyers who are comftorable with a pre-sale,we are the only sellers of these collectibles who will issue a refund after a purchase,so be careful if you decide to purchase from someone else.There are fees associated with each sale,when you purchase,we have to pay fees.Thank you for making me aware of your concerns,again,I WILL refund your money before August 1st
I usually respond to questions within 2 hrs when I am online,but please allow 6 hrs when I am offline.Have a great weekend!

I am going to have faith that this transaction will go through and I'll end up with a great Batman

Hi Alan,
When a store has an account with Sideshow,they get a discount when they purchase the statues,the $399 price is retail price,the store owner pays less than $399 for the statue,so we do make a profit.I am sorry you are worried about this pre-sale,but I will refund your money as you requested.I will do this on August 1st, a little less than 30 days,that way our sale cycle will be starting over again. As for listing another Batman,I did so because the person who purchased it,had a problem with a CC they used,I cant go into the details,but it was best tocancel that sale. At times we have access to other stores statues,and may get extra statues.If I can,I will try to work out something so I can refund you sooner than August 1st,please know we are honest,and we only want buyers who are comftorable with a pre-sale,we are the only sellers of these collectibles who will issue a refund after a purchase,so be careful if you decide to purchase from someone else.There are fees associated with each sale,when you purchase,we have to pay fees.Thank you for making me aware of your concerns,again,I WILL refund your money before August 1st
I usually respond to questions within 2 hrs when I am online,but please allow 6 hrs when I am offline.Have a great weekend!

I am going to have faith that this transaction will go through and I'll end up with a great Batman

But from his response it sounds like you canceled the order

Hi Alan,

Okay you're goinv to get more advice from me. I managed comic book store from 2004 to 2006, Sideshow does NOT offer discounts to retailers on exclusive edtions. So unless that policy changed, and Rockstars can back me up he works in a store now, this guy is lying through his teeth.

Just buy something else and forget about him. That's what I am doing. It's how I deal with the pain.:cuckoo:

Yeah I just got ivy and gl but all I got left is superman and batman. I'm gonna need fix in a month. Need to see what's coming out or instock that's cool

Yeah I just got ivy and gl but all I got left is superman and batman. I'm gonna need fix in a month. Need to see what's coming out or instock that's cool

Dang man that's some good stuff to tide you over for a bit.:lol

Dude, it just sounds like you're really desperate for a Bats EX. Why don't you just wait until he's released and then get one in secondary? There were a ****-load made and you're bound to find one sooner than later after he's released. Yeah, you might end up paying a $100 more, but if you don't plan on flipping him and thus keeping him forever, then it'll be worth it. I mean, do you really feel like you need to be a part of the Elite Pre-EX Batman Brigade?

Was closed long time ago, people even got their reservations canceled.

Back