Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Apparently the guy who did this is a total rookie. He has never done a custom EVER, and I don't know if he has any experience sculpting. As DarkSpidey has said there is a lot more to customizing this sculpt than just ripping the cloth off and painting it. You have to fill in the holes, build up around the boots and gloves, and sculpt in things like folds in the cloth as well as giving the impression that he has an outfit on. That is a lot of tough and artistic work, and not something I should think should be taken on by a novice. We have to learn somewhere and somehow, but I would suggest doing that on a statue you created on your own where you have the option to learn on a $20 chunk of Sculpey... Not a $400 statue.

I could see giving it a shot if the piece was broken or needed to be replaced...but I wouldn't attempt that drastic of a customization on my piece.

Today's got to be one of the Best days of my life as a collector. I was / am so happy, just cannot write it in words. The excitement, right from when I saw the FedEx guy carrying the incredibly big box till I set him up, was absolutely overwhelming! Must admit, when I was taking the box upstairs (was it heavy!), I was very very concerned about those silica gel packets making that rattling sound inside. I said to myself, "Yup, it should be the cape." and then Prayed, "Lord! Let everything be fine, please!" :lol

And fine it was. No, not fine, everything was Great! Such a magnificent figure, a sight to behold! Such strong shelf presence! SS has really done a great job!

I had the option of getting either Superman Ex. or Bats Reg. (only had so much dough). Was in a dilemma. Then I just thought for a moment, "Whose fan am I actually?" The answer was clear, and today I am a very happy and proud owner of one of the Best Batman statues till date! :)

Thousand apologies for the ridiculous photos. :D

Couple of pics from the angle(s) I consider best:

DSCN3021_zpse398b5e7.jpg

DSCN3012_zpsc1038b4a.jpg

If I have to use AB's head or, if I want to show off the base / chest logo / belt a bit more, this will be the pose I will go for. I realized that if I rotate him more to the left, the body structure starts getting distorted and strange at the right hip / outer thigh; and he loses his magnificence.

Think I will go for Provin+Spidey's Kelley Jones head for this pose (provided I save up before they're all gone):

DSCN3003_zps68bd7451.jpg

One with Mistah J.!

(Does his clothes need ironing!) :D

DSCN3032_zps28d0a0c6.jpg

Finally, the second most overwhelming thing after the statue itself, the BOX! :horror

DSCN3050_zps189aae3c.jpg

Thank you for reading my over enthusiastic post. :lol

If anyone is (still) on the fence for this, just go for him. You will not be disappointed, at all!

P.S.:

~ Yes, I wish it was better at the armpits
~ Yes, it would have been better if the chest logo was placed higher and raised, like the proto or Supes'

...but then when he's right in front of me, all the ifs and buts go for a toss.
:)

Pffft...reg :lol

:pfft: :lol

Even though I have been vocal about the Ex. being not-such-a-big-deal-since-you-won't-actually-see-it, I kinda miss it. :)

Though honestly, I always thought that a wound up Bat-Rope™ with a dangling Batarang™ at the end would look much cooler than only the Batarang™ in his hand.

Congrats BB :clap

Thanks Colonel! :)

Have you been in the Forces? I always thought 'Col' stood for that.

Last edited:

Nice score BB. As much as I like my EX Superman PF, if I had to chose only one between Bats and Supes, the Bats PF wins every time. Like you, I'm a huge Batman fan and I would have to have this piece in my collection. Supes may be a better executed PF but the Bats PF is still AWESOME to behold and a must have for any Bat fan.

:pfft: :lol

Even though I have been vocal about the Ex. being not-such-a-big-deal-since-you-won't-actually-see-it, I kinda miss it. :)

Though honestly, I always thought that a wound up Bat-Rope™ with a dangling Batarang™ at the end would look much cooler than only the Batarang™ in his hand.

Thanks Colonel! :)

Have you been in the Forces? I always thought 'Col' stood for that.

On its way ;)

Where's the cartoon grappnel gun?

Being molded later today, I resculpted the fingers one too many times so messed up the grapnel am had to rework it. I should have paint samples of these and the punisher parts very soon, my weekend is dedicated to catching up on all projects.

Today's got to be one of the Best days of my life as a collector. I was / am so happy, just cannot write it in words. The excitement, right from when I saw the FedEx guy carrying the incredibly big box till I set him up, was absolutely overwhelming! Must admit, when I was taking the box upstairs (was it heavy!), I was very very concerned about those silica gel packets making that rattling sound inside. I said to myself, "Yup, it should be the cape." and then Prayed, "Lord! Let everything be fine, please!" :lol

And fine it was. No, not fine, everything was Great! Such a magnificent figure, a sight to behold! Such strong shelf presence! SS has really done a great job!

I had the option of getting either Superman Ex. or Bats Reg. (only had so much dough). Was in a dilemma. Then I just thought for a moment, "Whose fan am I actually?" The answer was clear, and today I am a very happy and proud owner of one of the Best Batman statues till date! :)

Thousand apologies for the ridiculous photos. :D

Couple of pics from the angle(s) I consider best:

DSCN3021_zpse398b5e7.jpg

DSCN3012_zpsc1038b4a.jpg

If I have to use AB's head or, if I want to show off the base / chest logo / belt a bit more, this will be the pose I will go for. I realized that if I rotate him more to the left, the body structure starts getting distorted and strange at the right hip / outer thigh; and he loses his magnificence.

Think I will go for Provin+Spidey's Kelley Jones head for this pose (provided I save up before they're all gone):

DSCN3003_zps68bd7451.jpg

One with Mistah J.!

(Does his clothes need ironing!) :D

DSCN3032_zps28d0a0c6.jpg

Finally, the second most overwhelming thing after the statue itself, the BOX! :horror

DSCN3050_zps189aae3c.jpg

Thank you for reading my over enthusiastic post. :lol

If anyone is (still) on the fence for this, just go for him. You will not be disappointed, at all!

P.S.:

~ Yes, I wish it was better at the armpits
~ Yes, it would have been better if the chest logo was placed higher and raised, like the proto or Supes'

...but then when he's right in front of me, all the ifs and buts go for a toss.
:)

Hey congrats buddy :clap always great to hear passionate collectors acheive their goals! Bats looks great in those pics my friend :1-1:

Nice score BB. As much as I like my EX Superman PF, if I had to chose only one between Bats and Supes, the Bats PF wins every time. Like you, I'm a huge Batman fan and I would have to have this piece in my collection. Supes may be a better executed PF but the Bats PF is still AWESOME to behold and a must have for any Bat fan.

Thanks filip! A must have for any Batfan is actually true. Supes is definitely better executed, I am just guessing but the armpit issue might have made SS take care of the pits and overall execution of the production Supes. Folks came down quiet harshly on Bats.

Congrats BB! It's so much more amazing in person!

Absolutely!

He terribly falls in the category of, "See it to believe it!"

On its way ;)

These, right?

3346lpl.jpg

34nkvb8.jpg

2yzeyrp.jpg

When you say "Rope will be different", what exactly does it mean?

Hey congrats buddy :clap always great to hear passionate collectors acheive their goals! Bats looks great in those pics my friend :1-1:

Thank you Andy!

Like any other passion; as a collector, its actually soul food 'to have and to hold' what you've been longing for a long time.

I can only imagine what you feel when you'd get your Custom statues and Dio's! Must be quite a rush! :)

Last edited:

All the batman hands have been modified, except the 3 mini batarangs, the larger batarang is now larger than what is shown and that rope shown was just to show what it looks like, it was just a thread that was dyed. I just bought the rope yesterday it will be real leather

actually all the hands were cleaned up and resculpted as well

Thank you Andy!

Like any other passion; as a collector, its actually soul food 'to have and to hold' what you've been longing for a long time.

I can only imagine what you feel when you'd get your Custom statues and Dio's! Must be quite a rush! :)

No worries my friend :1-1: it's a great feeling indeed...a feeling which I can only describe as being the closest thing to becoming a child again at Christmas time ;) anxiously awaiting to open that box (or in our case the Sideshow Shipper) :lol and waiting in anticipation to see what's underneath the styrofoam :panic: it's certainly a feeling I'll never get tired of in a hurry and long may it continue! Sometimes it's good to feel like a kid again :)

Haven't been around in a while. Can I see pics of Bats displayed in a Besta? Anyone? I wanna get an idea. Thanks a lot.

Haven't been around in a while. Can I see pics of Bats displayed in a Besta? Anyone? I wanna get an idea. Thanks a lot.

Here are some pics of DarthChris's. He does fit but you will have to adjust the shelves slightly as he is over 25" tall. I think a single besta cube is 24".

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Back