Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Nice, calm expression.

9BE5AACF-127F-43E3-8301-83A6232E1E40_zps7d046c1c.png
BatmanPF2_zps8c96b700.jpg

Love me some Neal Adams. If that's a head for. Blue variant Batman PF, wonder if we could just buy the head, and whatever variant arm they do instead of having to buy the statue a second time? We could just reprint it to match the original. I love the blue batman, but don't want to buy the same pice twice to get a different head sculpt.

The shape of the neck/base of this new sculpt doesn't seem like it lines up to fit with the more triangular shape at the top of the current Batman PF.

I don't know what to make of that.

The shape of the neck/base of this new sculpt doesn't seem like it lines up to fit with the more triangular shape at the top of the current Batman PF.

I don't know what to make of that.
The head would be looking to the left when put on the body, like the Canale head. The neck might line up if you see it from the front

As I still don't have the Batman PF I hope this is just a whole new one altogether and with a new EX and everything. One where the cape doesn't cause it to tip over. I love the original PF though. Just still biding my time on getting it since it's taking awhile to sell out. But I'd take the blue version for sure if it's an all new pose

Idk if someone posted this or caught it. Looks like concept for the head sculpt posted earlier.

As I still don't have the Batman PF I hope this is just a whole new one altogether and with a new EX and everything. One where the cape doesn't cause it to tip over. I love the original PF though. Just still biding my time on getting it since it's taking awhile to sell out. But I'd take the blue version for sure if it's an all new pose

Tip over? Someones Bat PF tipped over?

Well, the cape does introduce the risk of it tipping over. I believe I read some comments from people who experienced this. Especially when setting up the statue.

I haven't had an issue. Mine is actually pretty stable. Though the issues I've heard are because the rubber feet are in the wrong place, not because of the cape.

Mine could tip but would need a decent bump, but that could technically happen to almost any statue

This piece is definitely prone to tipping/being uneven. The weight from the cape, combined with the stupid placement of the rubber feet have it wobbly as hell. When I had raf customize mine he had to basically add a whole row of rubber feet to the cape side to prevent any wobble.

I only want that Sideshow will choose to make other variants in full of polystone, not mixed media!

I don't want a variant, I want a totally new statue. Imo if its the same pose/base that will be weak as hell and quite lazy for such an iconic character…plus after having to spend close to $900 total to acquire the piece, ship it everywhere, then customize it, a repeat of the same piece would be crap on their part. And to me the mixed media really goes a long way to making this piece pop…Im talking once its pulled up/fitting accordingly of course.

They're checking inventory on this guy now. Looks like a lot of ppl took advantage of the free shipping.

I don't want a variant, I want a totally new statue. Imo if its the same pose/base that will be weak as hell and quite lazy for such an iconic character…plus after having to spend close to $900 total to acquire the piece, ship it everywhere, then customize it, a repeat of the same piece would be crap on their part. And to me the mixed media really goes a long way to making this piece pop…Im talking once its pulled up/fitting accordingly of course.

sorry I used the term "variants" wrong bro, I try to say do the all new batman statues in polystone format, not mixed media!

sorry I used the term "variants" wrong bro, I try to say do the all new batman statues in polystone format, not mixed media!

I hear ya, I'm all for having more bats with different variations of the different suits..while the keaton pf doesn't interest me I definitely have my eye on the arkham games line, as those will be 1/4 scale statues.

SS is definitely in the variant game now, before it was pretty scarce, now it seems like it will be the norm.

SS is definitely in the variant game now, before it was pretty scarce, now it seems like it will be the norm.

Well, I really can't understand what SS is trying to do nowadays but prorototypez studios can be a good alternative for DC characters. They give paint service and their sculptures are awesome. Do you see Nightwing? If SS doesn't hear their customers voice, then this will be their problem, not me:) I am super excited to see what prototypez is planning for their Batman statue...

Prototypez are nice but too small, I so far have had no problems with the SS dc line, I will have more if a problem if they don't get to all the characters I am hoping

Back