SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

Honestly, the Hi-Res pics just made me do a 180.... the amount of detail SS put into this figure is nothing short of perfect.

As a kid I used to get a ton of equipment and guns and outfit one Joe with all of it.... Beach Head seems to have been given the same treatment. Bad f'n ass! :rock

Really love this one. Great close up of all the weapons. I see some weathering on the rifles which looks really nice. All around great fig!

2d6wg75.jpg

Great load out, no doubt about it. I don't believe I've ever seen a wooly-pully tucked in, it looks really strange. :confused:

Looks like the folded beret might actually be a folded beret! That he could wear. Neat to give the Ex. both a cloth and plastic version. I thought it might just be a decoration.

Looks like the folded beret might actually be a folded beret! That he could wear. Neat to give the Ex. both a cloth and plastic version. I thought it might just be a decoration.
if it is real and actually looks good, people will be pissed that Flint didn't get one.

Every time I see the photos of Beach Head, he looks so freaking awesome. Im so hyped for this Joe. Im usually all about bad guys, but he is such an awesome figure.

I've been that way since Duke. I was only in for Cobra up to that point.

The hi-res pics rule. The exclusive head doesn't seem as extreme up close. He's just curling his lip in. Still excellent.

I'm glad they gave him a new boot knife too. The only thing I can think of that would improve him would be more brown in the camo on his pants. Not that it's necessary, but it would be cool.

I've been that way since Duke. I was only in for Cobra up to that point.

The hi-res pics rule. The exclusive head doesn't seem as extreme up close. He's just curling his lip in. Still excellent.

I'm glad they gave him a new boot knife too. The only thing I can think of that would improve him would be more brown in the camo on his pants. Not that it's necessary, but it would be cool.

And a cheap investment for those who wanted them. I actually like the look better. They're faded to the point the ripstop is obvious even in the low-res pics and make him look like he's been in country and wearing the same pants for months. I was surprised to see they not only gave him a complete Omega, but a ruck and battle belt too.

And a cheap investment for those who wanted them. I actually like the look better. They're faded to the point the ripstop is obvious even in the low-res pics and make him look like he's been in country and wearing the same pants for months. I was surprised to see they not only gave him a complete Omega, but a ruck and battle belt too.

Yeah, the detail on the pants is ridiculous (just like the rest of the figure). I doubt I'd change it because I prefer to keep them as unmodified as possible, but you never know.

I finally jumped into this line. Beachhead is just too damn impressive. I ordered him and I haven't purchased anything Joe related since the figures I bought as a kid in the 1980's.

HOLYCRAPTHATSAFANTASTICFIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was I thinking by not jumping on this from the get go? :lol

NAM, Ski, and any others, thanks for giving me s#it for not ordering.

Always, always, always order first decide after.

Not sure I understand why a lot of people hated Firefly but dig Beach Head - sculpt wise. I mean, sure Firefly didn't get a camo balaclava but he had a fantastic facial expression. Someone who looked like they'll blow up a town with no remorse and expect payment in advance (Swiss bank account, of course). And his equipment was awesome! The briefcase, the grenades...

Beach Head looks great. But I don't see how he's all that much better than Firefly.

PS. Best figure in my opinion so far is Storm Shadow.

I don't understand how people aresaying Beach Head is the best figure... They are all Awesome so far! YO JOE!! YO SIDESHOW!! :rock

Of course they are all awesome (CCC excluded), but that doesnt mean one cant be the best of the best.

Not sure I understand why a lot of people hated Firefly but dig Beach Head - sculpt wise. I mean, sure Firefly didn't get a camo balaclava but he had a fantastic facial expression. Someone who looked like they'll blow up a town with no remorse and expect payment in advance (Swiss bank account, of course). And his equipment was awesome! The briefcase, the grenades...

Beach Head looks great. But I don't see how he's all that much better than Firefly.

That is why you failed.

I don't understand how people aresaying Beach Head is the best figure... They are all Awesome so far! YO JOE!! YO SIDESHOW!! :rock

There is always a best of the best. Each figure to be equal or better than the last, quality wise at least.

PS. Best figure in my opinion so far is Storm Shadow.

Ummm . . . he is getting the camo headsculpt.

Easy, Sideshow Beach Head actually looks like classic Beach Head.

That's actually why I prefer Firefly to Beachhead. The Firefly design showed some serious evolution of the character. Beachhead is great, and I ordered him, But I jumped onboard this line because of the fact that Sideshow promised to bring the characters into the modern military age. Which, to me, meant less cartoony -- a departure from the figures of my youth, sure. But it also meant that the figures would have grown up with me.

My biggest fear in reading these sometimes hyperbolic complaints about departures from the classic look (a bold move) is that Sideshow will start listening to the detractors and just start churning out 12" copies of the originals. Which would make me sad at best.

Ugh. Why am I so damned sappy this morning!? :banghead Coffee!! Coffee!!!!!

Back