SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

Intrinsic paint, FTW. Finally, Sideshow is starting to figure out why Hot Toys is killing them on head paint apps.

Intrinsic paint?

That's what that realistic skin (and eyes) style is called. It's a different mindset and different process.

They're also using it for their WWII German Paratrooper PF. Which is why he looks so damn realistic compared to their other PFs.

This is an advancement I've been waiting on Sideshow to jump on for a while. :yess:

That's what that realistic skin (and eyes) style is called. It's a different mindset and different process.

They're also using it for their WWII German Paratrooper PF. Which is why he looks so damn realistic compared to their other PFs.

This is an advancement I've been waiting on Sideshow to jump on for a while. :yess:

Isn't the new PF molded in a transparent resin as well? Similar to what DiD is doing?

I'd think there would have to be a degree of transparency for the paint to work from inside the material.

Thanks. I thought that's what it was, but I never heard the term for it.

So do we know if the painted above is legit? I want to know more.

If you mean this one...

IMG_6100.jpg

then, to date, the word is that this is a prototype in Sideshow's possesion that was photographed by Doctor Von Evil. It remains unclear who painted it (although smallstudios has been mentioned, but not confirmed) or whether it is intended to be what the production paint should look like (although Sideshow is quoted as saying that they are in the process of developing more realistic paint apps...Edit - specifically on Beachhead...so it looks promising to me).

If you mean this one...

then, to date, the word is that this is a prototype in Sideshow's possesion that was photographed by Doctor Von Evil. It remains unclear who painted it (although smallstudios has been mentioned, but not confirmed) or whether it is intended to be what the production paint should look like (although Sideshow is quoted as saying that they are in the process of developing more realistic paint apps...Edit - specifically on Beachhead...so it looks promising to me).

I thought SS said that he did paint the prototype and confirmed that the above pic was a repaint of the prototype head? Might be wrong, but that's what I remember reading.

when I was 11 years old. Beachhead was always my favorite doll with snake eyes. and I have really wanted to buy this figure. the previous photo. the painting of the head. is awesome.
any idea when will be released?

i got really late on the waitlist but it already converted two days ago, why are so many people cancelling this great figure? it's definitely one of the coolest gi joe characters out there

i got really late on the waitlist but it already converted two days ago, why are so many people cancelling this great figure? it's definitely one of the coolest gi joe characters out there

When in-hand shots start showing up, I have a feeling he'll disappear.

I don't know if I want Beach Head to be all freckly, no one likes a ginger. Don't trust em'. He'll look odd with the rest of the figures. DID is a bit more subtle on their new paint apps, even though their bodies are poo.

It certainly is cool...but it will not fit in with the curreent paint apps.

I'm one of those people who canceled recently. In my moment of cheapness last week I realized that I didn't want to spend more just for an extra head that I know will never see the body of the figure.

I'll just order from a dealer for a cheaper base price and much cheaper shipping than what I'd get from Sideshow (California to Maine).

Back