SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if he came with a jet pack? Like how he did in the intro for the cartoon movie. Plus the bomb that was intended for the statue of liberty! I'd buy it in a heart beat. XD

That movie intro summarized the whole damned series. Definitive GI Joe.

What if he came with a jet pack? Like how he did in the intro for the cartoon movie. Plus the bomb that was intended for the statue of liberty! I'd buy it in a heart beat. XD

That movie intro summarized the whole damned series. Definitive GI Joe.

Prefer the comic (and always will) which is why I'll definitely pose the inevitable (make it so SIDESHOW) Roadblock right alongside my Duke just as they appeared when introduced in issue #22...

gijoecomic22.jpg

Prefer the comic (and always will) which is why I'll definitely pose the inevitable (make it so SIDESHOW) Roadblock right alongside my Duke just as they appeared when introduced in issue #22...

gijoecomic22.jpg

Meh. I meant to say that intro defined the cartoon series. The comic book is a whole 'nother ball game. Now that comic book series is how GI Joe should have been. Snake Eyes Trilogy was awesome.

I removed the velcro on Dukes shirt and have already glued on the name tag and US Army tag. Does anybody recommend where the flag and GI Joe tags should go on the sleeves? I was wondering if I should glue them on the sleeve pockets (how SS placed them) or below the shoulder seams like modern Army uniform regulations.

:lecture:lecture:lecture despite being backwards. :p But to be fair, his jump wings are on the wrong side as well and that's Hasbro's doing since day 1.

Bah, Duke doesn't care about dress regulations...

I don't get why everyone hates the velcro so much. Maybe it does look a bit out of scale but I like that I can see a little bit - isn't that how it is in real life? (But like I said, out of scale I'm sure.)

Looks cool EF, Im thinking of doing the same thing.

:rock :rock :rock

I don't get why everyone hates the velcro so much. Maybe it does look a bit out of scale but I like that I can see a little bit - isn't that how it is in real life? (But like I said, out of scale I'm sure.)

For me the velcro patches are too large and aren't flush enough, the velcro is kinda weak as well. If they were the same size as the tags, it would be better.

EF...what did you use to re-attach the patches? something like liquid stitch or hot glue, etc.?

:lecture:lecture:lecture despite being backwards. :p But to be fair, his jump wings are on the wrong side as well and that's Hasbro's doing since day 1.

I noticed that about his jump wings too. I've got the urge to remove them and put them on the correct side.

I agree. I left the velcro on, but the patches off. It doesn't bug me enough to remove it and I certainly don't want to have to do that with every single Joe they release with nametapes. Plus, I don't really see why such a covert special operations unit would be running around with their names and patches with their country of origin on the uniforms anyway. :lol

I noticed that about his jump wings too. I've got the urge to remove them and put them on the correct side.

I almost did as well, and his bag strap would make more sense draped over the opposite side too, but in the end didn't because the original cardback has him with the jump wings mirrored.

Back