SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is true. Only a few 1/6 exclusives have cost more than the regular. If 5 is too much, the regular is up for order now.

How often in life do we get something for nothing? Its a sculpted pair of binocs with cloth straps and working clasps. As EVILFACE said if you think "not free" is a rip-off no one is forcing you to fork over the 500 extra pennies.

binocs.jpg

How often in life do we get something for nothing? Its a sculpted pair of binocs with cloth straps and working clasps. As EVILFACE said if you think "not free" is a rip-off no one is forcing you to fork over the 500 extra pennies.

binocs.jpg

Buying through ssc was never "something for nothing"... you pay 10% or more above the going price by buying direct.

I always considered I was paying more than I had to by going for the exclusive to begin with. So now instead of 10% more you're paying 15% more to get one accessory.

I always felt the ex accessory was really the only reason to pay MSRP, now we're asked to pay over MSRP for it.

yeah yeah, $5 is not life or death, but SSC is changing and thats what I'm wondering about.

I think there will be a number of people who will regret having missed the exclusive, realizing that the binocs are an important part of Duke. Similarly, I expect Storm Shadow's nunchuks to go for a fair amount. Both came with the original figures, so the more OCD collectors out there (and there are alot of them) would feel compelled to get that one extra piece. Nothing like the extra Pred helmet (which recently sold by itself for $150), but I could easily see it going for upwards of $50. Unlike Snakes, Samwise Gamgee, and some other, fairly unnecessary exclusives Sideshow has released, I think these will be particularly popular.

I'll respectfully disagree, but I guess a fool and his money are easily parted...but there are a lot of OCD star wars collectors and none of the exclusives from those goes for much.

the decision- pay $107.99 from a vendor or pay 124.99 from sideshow

Buying through ssc was never "something for nothing"... you pay 10% or more above the going price by buying direct.

Well let's do the math. And we'll keep it apples to apples so let's look at buying the regular edition from SSC vs. a dealer. $120 vs. $108. Right off the bat SSC gives you $6 in rewards points for your purchase so its really $114 vs. $108, a difference of $6.00. What else do you get from SSC for the extra $6? The best customer service in the industry. No joke.

Years ago I botched my first water treatment attempt on Qui Gon Jinn when I made the bonehead move of putting his damp leather belt onto his tabbard a full year after buying him direct from SSC. It totally stained the tabbard and ruined it. Exasperated, I shot SSC an email with a pic of my "handiwork" and asked if they had any extra tabbards laying around that I could purchase from them. They said don't worry about it and sent me a brand spanking new one for free. Free tabbard, free shipping, everything.

You think a dealer has extra parts on hand? Or that they'd just give them away as a result of customer error a full year after purchase? No way.

So with SSC you're basically getting an extended warranty and limited insurance no less for free, or for an extra $6.00 if you want to look at it that way. I think its worth it, and that's why I buy direct even when there is no exclusive accessory.

Given that SSC vs. a dealer is basically equal in value straight across the board I have no problem paying an extra 5 bucks for a highly detailed mixed media accessory. Your mileage may vary, and that's why its nice to have options. Anyone who wants less can spend less.

I'll respectfully disagree, but I guess a fool and his money are easily parted...but there are a lot of OCD star wars collectors and none of the exclusives from those goes for much.

You're missing his point. If you bought the exclusive, sold the binoculars to someone who missed out on the Ex and tallied that against what you paid originally, you'd actually have paid less than you would buying from a retailer.

Its Ex or nothing for me, something about not having it bothers me, Its like I got the B grade

Ill be standiing by tomorrow to get my hands on this

the thing about exclusive millitary gear is that even if you don't pose the figure using it, he can still wear it. so it's not just sitting in the box like most other exclusives from other lines.

Back