SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duke looks effing fantastic in person! A great blend of modern military (like the Hot Toys figs) and the classic figure from the 80's. I am really impressed with this line.

Duke looks effing fantastic in person! A great blend of modern military (like the Hot Toys figs) and the classic figure from the 80's. I am really impressed with this line.

Agreed. I'm not a big Duke fan (too goodey-two shoes for me) but this figure looks awesome. More of a modern, resolute type of Duke. This isn't the old cartoon Duke that goes into a coma at the first bite of a snake spear. This Duke can be proudly displayed with Snake Eyes :rock

I just received the email for Duke's PO, the price was a little bit on the high side, I went back and looked at the pic where he's standing with all the equiptment laid out but, well, I don't really see how he cost more than Snake Eyes, might be in the details tho, all those little pieces..

Btw, what's that transparent light blue thingie that Duke comes with used for?

To quinch his thirst.

Snake Eyes may have come with more accessories, but Dukes accessories are more detailed and the pack is nice. He also has a sculpted portrait unlike SE.

The blue thingie is really a water bottle? Isn't the blue...well not very tactical?

Ahh, didn't figure the head sculpt into the equation.

Sorry for the silly questions, I'm totally new to 1/6 and GI Joe is my very first foray into the genre.

This line really is about as good as it gets... Sideshow is pulling out all the stops. But honestly, they're early military and historical lines still rank among their most impressive, so no huge surprise they are crushing the Joe series :rock

Duke really could have been a fairly vanilla figure, but Sideshow got it right :rock

Wise choice to start with :rock

Just beware--it becomes a very slippery slope.

Yeah... it feels like it already, gotten SE and CC. Pre-ordered SS, trooper and the Officer and Duke....good news is, at 4-5 releases a year, it's not hitting me too hard..... yet.:rotfl

To quinch his thirst.

Snake Eyes may have come with more accessories, but Dukes accessories are more detailed and the pack is nice. He also has a sculpted portrait unlike SE.

They already confirmed in the SDCC vid that Duke comes with more. So that's more accessories to a better detailed figure! :rock

They already confirmed in the SDCC vid that Duke comes with more. So that's more accessories to a better detailed figure! :rock

Has anyone replaced their CC or SE body for a more bulkier body, just curious I like how they are but I might want to switch it up every once in a while. Mainly just for SE.

What type of bodies are these called as well, I'm not as familiar with swapping 1/6 bodies or different types that exist.

both threads have lots of discussion. seems like most people are switching (or adding a sweater) to fix the scrawnyness.

is it true the exclusive is $5 more? Why? Binocs don't seem that difficult or expensive an item? Is this going to be a continuing trend that EX will be more no matter what the item is?

Back