SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again not that its happening, but more that it seems to now have become the norm.

But, TheNam does make a good point, if both versions were $5 more no one would have known the difference :lol

:lol I'd probably be moaning about another price increase...

I do think its really pricey compared to some of the figures from Dragon or other Soldier Story that come with similar accessories, but I'm actually trying to step back and not be the whiner ALLTHETIME.

rewards points are certainly better than nothing, but compared to some frequent shopper programs, 5% isn't really that much. 10% would really be impressive.

Wrong thread, but a cool program I would probably participate in is "for every $100 you prepay at the start of the year you get $120 worth of buying credit". Or maybe quarterly you pay $300 for $360 worth of figures, etc. I don't have a problem buying in bulk if I know I'm scoring superb deals.

Last edited:
5% every dollar you spend gets you 5 cents towards your next figure. An easy way to find out how much you have in $$$ is to divide the amount by 20... or multiply by .05.

:lecture

They add up, too. I currently have enough Rewards Points to get something for free up to about $240. Very tempted to get Toht with the Ark but so far I'm hesitant to blow $170 worth of those points on that. :lol

Thanks!!!! :rock

One more question I've always had because I never used my points and I have well into the thousands, what it the $ per ratio on the points?

The one thing to remember about the reward points is that you don't EARN reward points on items you used reward points on. I learned the hard way. Example, last year I ordered the Uruk-Hai Exclusive PF, a $319 piece. I used the 575 points I had at the time, saving $28.75...BUT I missed out on accumulating 319 reward points. The reward points would have been better served on smaller ticket items, like 12" figures. You get a bigger chunk off the smaller 12" figure price, and don't miss out on accumulating big chunks of points.

Yeah, I just picked up CW Anakin for the cost of shipping just a bit ago. Its pretty cool to get an entire figure free for stuff I'd buy anyway.

I'd probably not drop them on Toht... got a feeling (even though its an exclusive) it will drop in value. Heck, even the ROTLA exclusive of Indy doesn't sell for retail on eBay :duh

The thing to remember about the reward points is that you don't EARN reward points on items you used reward points on. I learned teh hard way. Example, last year I ordered the Uruk-Hai Exclusive PF, a $319 piece. I used the 575 points I had at the time, saving $28.75...BUT I missed out on accumulating 319 reward points. The reward points would have been better served on smaller ticket items, like 12" figures. You get a bigger chunk off the smaller 12" figure price, and don't miss out on accumulating big chunks of points.

Yep, I just used mine on the Anakin figure as I'd get him for free... but if you can't get the whole (or almost the whole figure) its not a good idea as you can loose quite a bit on the reward points.

For instance if you used your $28 to buy the Vader Bust, you'd actually miss out on around $60 worth of RP... or a net loss of about $32 :lol

The one thing to remember about the reward points is that you don't EARN reward points on items you used reward points on. I learned the hard way. Example, last year I ordered the Uruk-Hai Exclusive PF, a $319 piece. I used the 575 points I had at the time, saving $28.75...BUT I missed out on accumulating 319 reward points. The reward points would have been better served on smaller ticket items, like 12" figures. You get a bigger chunk off the smaller 12" figure price, and don't miss out on accumulating big chunks of points.

Good heads up bro, is there any rule about GC and reward points at the same time. I just got a $50 GC with the purchase of Dutch? :rock

I'd probably not drop them on Toht... got a feeling (even though its an exclusive) it will drop in value. Heck, even the ROTLA exclusive of Indy doesn't sell for retail on eBay :duh

Yeah, I think you're right. That's why I can't pull the trigger on it. I'll wait.

You can use Rewards Points on pretty much anything except SDCC Exclusives.

Gift Cards can only be used for certain In-Stock merchandise (no pre-orders).

What happened to the condition that you couldn't use reward points on distributed products? Did SSC finally lift that rule?

What happened to the condition that you couldn't use reward points on distributed products? Did SSC finally lift that rule?

I think so. I used 1,205 points to pre-order the Hot Toys Resident Evil V Chris figure, saving $60.25 and the system allowed it.

To keep this thread on-topic, don't forget the Duke Exclusive PPO is tomorrow!!!

I just noticed that they have his uniform tags ("US Army", "Duke", etc.) displayed on the ground in front of him. So that answers the question of whether they're detachable or not for anyone still wondering.

DukeDX.jpg

Of the five tags one's an American flag and three others say Duke, US Army, and GI Joe. Don't know what the fifth says. In all the display pics he's got GI Joe and the flag on each sleave with the other two on each side of his chest.

Are they detachable?

no-country-for-old-men_tommy-lee-jones_josh-brolin_javier-bardem_91.jpg

No wonder you hate magazines. You can't even read :lol:

I just noticed that they have his uniform tags ("US Army", "Duke", etc.) displayed on the ground in front of him. So that answers the question of whether they're detachable or not for anyone still wondering.

DukeDX.jpg

Just two posts above yours... :huh

whats the thing on the helmet? i've seen those on helmets with night vision, but whats it here?

Back