SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little reserved on the figure before. Never even considered not getting it, but wasn't super-thrilled either.

The production pictures have vastly improved my attitude on this piece.

Great improvements, there, Chinese production team!

Awesome just got off the phone with SS, holding the order and gonna sending me a e-mail if there's a Flex available for the item Duke. :rock

Only time I haven't been able to Flex something is if the product was Hot Toys, I think they what their money ASAP on those from Sideshow since it's not directly from their company. :dunno

Which would make perfect sense if they place their customer (not retail) orders on preorders. ;)

Well the figure is looking great in my opinion. I hope my wait list for the exclusive converts otherwise I'll just keep my order with bbts I guess.

I got on the list back in Nov or Dec so I don't know if that was soon enough to give me a real chance at getting it but we'll see.

Yeah. Some people actually wanted that headsculpt. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4
I'm sure many who would criticize a Hasbro-accurate facial expression would also jump down peoples' throats for not getting the exclusive, since the binoculars are so essential to the original Duke toy. How is one part of the toy essential, whereas another inconsequential and undesirable?

And how is the "silly" facial expression any more ridiculous than the laser rifle he comes with? It isn't. Its just something some people decide they don't like, and want to assume that any other reasonable person feels the same way.

I would love to have alternate, more toy accurate facial expressions for some of these guys.

I'm sure many who would criticize a Hasbro-accurate facial expression would also jump down peoples' throats for not getting the exclusive, since the binoculars are so essential to the original Duke toy. How is one part of the toy essential, whereas another inconsequential and undesirable?

And how is the "silly" facial expression any more ridiculous than the laser rifle he comes with? It isn't. Its just something some people decide they don't like, and want to assume that any other reasonable person feels the same way.

I would love to have alternate, more toy accurate facial expressions for some of these guys.

Messing up a perfect design like Firefly is one thing. Dismissing things that wouldn't translate well to 1:6 figures is completely different. The silly facial expression is perfectly welcome on a 3 3/4" toy aimed at kids. Not on a $100+ high-end collectible aimed for adults. And frankly, I won't be posing mine with the laser rifle anyway so that's not a problem I have. I don't want a shelf full of hardass military figures and the one that stands out being the one with the gay smile on his face:

IMG_0138.jpg

pic courtesy of Cool Toy Review

I have to admit its a bit funny that people want "everything" exact with the original design but something like this should be left out. I get it and I agree I don't want him smiling just find it funny.

Messing up a perfect design like Firefly is one thing. Dismissing things that wouldn't translate well to 1:6 figures is completely different. The silly facial expression is perfectly welcome on a 3 3/4" toy aimed at kids. Not on a $100+ high-end collectible aimed for adults. And frankly, I won't be posing mine with the laser rifle anyway so that's not a problem I have. I don't want a shelf full of hardass military figures and the one that stands out being the one with the gay smile on his face:

IMG_0138.jpg

pic courtesy of Cool Toy Review

That would be awesome, in your collection :lecture

I never understood the goofy smile on the original Duke figure. That's the main reason I avoided getting him as a kid.

No, but I didn't say you did either.

Just checking. :lol

I don't mind sensible upgrades. I think the modern weapons are awesome and most of the common sense things like giving Snake Eyes BDU pants instead of tights. But when they stray too far away from the source material as they did with FF, that's when things get a bit wonky.

Just checking. :lol

I don't mind sensible upgrades. I think the modern weapons are awesome and most of the common sense things like giving Snake Eyes BDU pants instead of tights. But when they stray too far away from the source material as they did with FF, that's when things get a bit wonky.

its all good. :)

I agree. There's a always a way to go too far though with FF I didn't mind it as I've said. Overall, I think the balance SS has shown is great. For what thats worth.

Back