SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even in '85?

Has there ever been a time limitation on capitalism? :dunno:lol

Yeah, it sucked. I'd get there early only to find out that they'd been in the back going through the cases with a TRU employee before they even hit the aisle to be put out. This is why I never owned the Ver2 Snake Eyes. I caved and bought the hooded SS from them though. He was worth every penny of that $20.

Yeah, it sucked. I'd get there early only to find out that they'd been in the back going through the cases with a TRU employee before they even hit the aisle to be put out. This is why I never owned the Ver2 Snake Eyes. I caved and bought the hooded SS from them though. He was worth every penny of that $20.

I grew up in a small town with no such things as Comic Shops so that's just surprising for me to hear that they were getting hoarded by them in Wal-Marts, Targets, TRU's, etc... back in the day.

I grew up in a small town with no such things as Comic Shops so that's just surprising for me to hear that they were getting hoarded by them in Wal-Marts, Targets, TRU's, etc... back in the day.

As well as running water, flushing toilets, non-molesting priests, etc. :p

Like a "I pwn you smirk" for me. Silly Cobra, Cheerios are for Flosi's kid... PFFFFFfft.

:lecture Honey Nut! The little Flos has been an eating machine all day.

I lifted cows/horses, grinded pigs and bailed hay while your at it...

Brute Freak HULK strength or GO HOME!!!!

Calm down, Herc.... And how the hell do you "grind" a pig???? :lol

03_herc1-a.jpg

I did that many times myself only to find none. Later I'd discover that R&K Comics beat me to the punch, bought them and SS all up and had them for sale in their store at $20 a piece. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I don't recall any scalpers back in the day. I do remember all versions of SS and SE being quite plentiful on the shelves though.

They even scalpted the 1988 Storm Shadow? Those blood suckers! Too bad we weren't older back then. If I was 27 in 1985 instead of just 7 I think I would have had an incredible collection without having to rely on Ebay in the late 90's to fill out my collection. If only I had a time machine that could get me back to 1985...

I don't recall any scalpers back in the day. I do remember all versions of SS and SE being quite plentiful on the shelves though.

Yeah, I never had any problems picking up any Joe figure back then.

You also live in BFE. Probably more SE's and SS's than kids. :lol

I live in BFE in Idaho and even back in the day when these originally came out there was only ever one SE's v2 that I ever saw in the stores.

I threatened my buddy if he bought him (he had money right then and I didn't) I would never speak to him again. We hid the figure and I returned that night with my begged for money and I grabbed him. That figure is displayed on my computer desk still today.

My buddy NEVER found that toy again so that he could get one. He had probably a thousand more Joe's than me overall...but not that Snake Eyes!

Regarding SS, in Idaho again of course, I knew of 4 of them that people bought. Personally I only found 2 of them for me and my brother ever in the store but some of my buddies had him as well. Still hard to find, but a little easier in my experience than SE's.

I live in BFE in Idaho and even back in the day when these originally came out there was only ever one SE's v2 that I ever saw in the stores.

I threatened my buddy if he bought him (he had money right then and I didn't) I would never speak to him again. We hid the figure and I returned that night with my begged for money and I grabbed him. That figure is displayed on my computer desk still today.

My buddy NEVER found that toy again so that he could get one. He had probably a thousand more Joe's than me overall...but not that Snake Eyes!

Regarding SS, in Idaho again of course, I knew of 4 of them that people bought. Personally I only found 2 of them for me and my brother ever in the store but some of my buddies had him as well. Still hard to find, but a little easier in my experience than SE's.

They were all over Missouri, ver 2 that is.... ver 1 not so much. I NEVER saw ver 1 in stores.

SS on the other hand there was a peg full of those and the lil Ski in me grabbed them all and dumped them into my mothers cart and I said I'd mow the lawn FOOOOOOOOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Tru story, I did mow that lawn forever, even these days.

Ah, yes I used to do that as well but they were never there when I came back. Now, when I'm looking for a figure to complete a collection for myself or my daughter, if it ain't on the shelves, I'll start looking behind all the bigger boxed toys on the lower shelves and in different aisles. More often than not I find that some douchy brat has hidden one, snag it and toss it in the cart. Live and learn. :lol

They were all over Missouri, ver 2 that is.... ver 1 not so much. I NEVER saw ver 1 in stores.

SS on the other hand there was a peg full of those and the lil Ski in me grabbed them all and dumped them into my mothers cart and I said I'd mow the lawn FOOOOOOOOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Tru story, I did mow that lawn forever, even these days.

So Ski what did you do with all of them? Sell them to kids on the playground or something? :)

Please don't tell me you still have on MOC!

Hey man btw, are you a Chiefs fan?

Ah, yes I used to do that as well but they were never there when I came back. Now, when I'm looking for a figure to complete a collection for myself or my daughter, if it ain't on the shelves, I'll start looking behind all the bigger boxed toys on the lower shelves and in different aisles. More often than not I find that some douchy brat has hidden one, snag it and toss it in the cart. Live and learn. :lol

:)

I've done the same. Most of the time though I find crappy Bakugan figures or something.

What's really weird though is I don't even go to the toy aisles that much anymore since I've stopped collecting that stuff. I still visit hisstank.com once in awhile for updates and such but I have about 2% interest in toys/figures that size anymore. I do still go and browse occasionally but it's mostly because I'm with my daughters.

It felt really weird when those G.I. Joe clear Wraith's were hitting TJ Maxx a while back. When I was really into that stuff I would have gone almost everyday to track one of those down. I think I went once, didn't find any, but didn't really care.

The headsculpt on the original Duke figure always reminded me a bit of the inflatable autopilot dude from Airplane. The Duke in the card art was badass. If Beach Head gets a second smirking headsculpt then Duke of all people certainly could have.

The headsculpt on the original Duke figure always reminded me a bit of the inflatable autopilot dude from Airplane. The Duke in the card art was badass. If Beach Head gets a second smirking headsculpt then Duke of all people certainly could have.

LMAO! I can see that. :rotfl

Back