SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do not...i say again...do not attempt to use your duke pro 1.2 mannequin on your snake eyes if you do not intend to keep it on him!!!

Yeah, I noticed the upper arms on Duke still look pretty much like a tube with no muscle definition. Is that the major issue for not using it for Snake Eyes? Little more info please!

Yeah, I noticed the upper arms on Duke still look pretty much like a tube with no muscle definition. Is that the major issue for not using it for Snake Eyes? Little more info please!

The color of Snake Eyes' black shirt bleeds off and stains Dukes mannequin.

DSC07227.jpg

DSC07228.jpg

And these pictures don't show how bad it really is.

Can't see the Hasbro-ness in the hair at all.

It's the paint, not the sculpt. It's one solid color, and not a very natural one at that. For $125 they need to be painting some detail & highlights, or at least a color that's not cartoonish. It's a glaring deficiency for a "high-end" figure, imho. Well, that and the doll dot but that's part-and-parcel with the same issue (subpar factory painting).

Mine doesn't look monotone at all. That's what I'm saying. It could definitely have more texture, but I don't think what it has is insufficient.

Just from some of these pics, I'd say that's a good possibility. But the wash on mine is clear as day. It's a little coarse, but it achieves the necessary effect.

Just from some of these pics, I'd say that's a good possibility. But the wash on mine is clear as day. It's a little coarse, but it achieves the necessary effect.

Yeah, that's likely it, then (QC issues with varying results on the head paint apps). Because I'm not happy with the head on mine at all. It's near insulting for a $125 figure.

It's the paint, not the sculpt. It's one solid color, and not a very natural one at that. For $125 they need to be painting some detail & highlights, or at least a color that's not cartoonish. It's a glaring deficiency for a "high-end" figure, imho. Well, that and the doll dot but that's part-and-parcel with the same issue (subpar factory painting).

It's not one solid color though (you probably just overlooked it). There's a darker wash over the hair. Given Tom's affinity for the doll dot, I'm not surprised to see it back. He defended it as "tradition."

It's not one solid color though (you probably just overlooked it). There's a darker wash over the hair. Given Tom's affinity for the doll dot, I'm not surprised to see it back. He defended it as "tradition."

Tom needs to change with the times. This is the 21st century now. That's why figures from Hot Toys, Soldier Story and Dragon continue to excel at higher quality and are more realistic looking.

Well, then that's one "tradition" that really, really sucks and needs to go away for good. Unless it's a $20 mass-produced, mass-market doll the silly dot makes no sense and has no business anywhere near high-end figures at this point. Such devotion is holding them back, and it's frustrating.

Tom needs to change with the times. This is the 21st century now. That's why figures from Hot Toys, Soldier Story and Dragon continue to excel at higher quality and are more realistic looking.

I'll agree 100% on HT. Though Sideshow's catching up fast. As for Dragon, no. The figures are more to scale with Hasbro than real 1:6, Sideshow's Joes don't come with sculpted pouches and their skin detail is far superior to Dragon's. Plus Dragon's hands and boots blow chunks.

That said, as EF has stated, I would have loved to see what Dragon would've done with the line.

Replace Dragon with DiD. They are doing cool stuff right now. Their SPR Captain Miller is one of the best figures I've ever owned for under $100.

Back