SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does Sideshow's. :monkey3

Pro vs. DiD body, Pro wins. Hands down. Especially the new ones. That's the one area DiD is really hurting. They really haven't done much upgrading to the bodies. Plus, the proportions of the DiD body are wonky. Arms are too short and crotch is too high. They're like potato people. :lol

Pro vs. DiD body, Pro wins. Hands down. Especially the new ones. That's the one area DiD is really hurting. They really haven't done much upgrading to the bodies. Plus, the proportions of the DiD body are wonky. Arms are too short and crotch is too high. They're like potato people. :lol
:thud: ...............

Say what you want about the body, but DiD's Captain Miller figure is easily better than Sideshow's Duke in pretty much every way (including detail)... and it's $30+ cheaper.

Say what you want about the body, but DiD's Captain Miller figure is easily better than Sideshow's Duke in pretty much every way (including detail)... and it's $30+ cheaper.

Which is just about the price of a better body. ;)

I'm not saying DiD doesn't make good figures, but every time I get one, I have the same disappointment I did with Indy. So much good on a crappy body. It's sad.

The license fee probably justifies part of the price difference, though. Plus, the Hanks likeness just isn't all there, IMO. If you are gonna go for a figure of an actual human, I would expect something more accurate (like their Ed Harris or a Hot Toys figure). With the more cartoony Joe faces, you don't have that concern.

I'm not saying that DiD isn't worth the price, but I think the Sideshow Joes easily are, as well.

It's the paint, not the sculpt. It's one solid color, and not a very natural one at that. For $125 they need to be painting some detail & highlights, or at least a color that's not cartoonish. It's a glaring deficiency for a "high-end" figure, imho. Well, that and the doll dot but that's part-and-parcel with the same issue (subpar factory painting).

Mine and most of the ones in the pics has a darker wash on the hair. Maybe yours got skipped.

Send it back to SS :dunno

Yes, the hair has a greyish wash, it still doesnt look natural. It has to do with the hair line edge being to sharp, There is no blending whatsoever.

The painted hair on this :
headlq.jpg

Looks closer to this:
reviewduke00.jpg

when it should have looked like this:
head1y.jpg

Last edited:
So I talked to Sideshow's customer support today and told them that my goggles broke while I was trying to put them on Duke's helmet and they said they are going to replace them at no cost and ship them out to me. SS rocks.

Told ya, dude. They came through for me on a missing part for John Connor Final Battle version, even though they were only distributing it for Hot Toys. Got it a week after I contacted them, which is standard as I'm on the East Coast.

I've had nothing but great luck with the Pro. Its an awesome body IMO.

That all being said my duke has shipped from Alter Ego and will be here Thursday. :rock

Yes, the hair has a greyish wash, it still doesnt look natural. It has to do with the hair line edge being to sharp, There is no blending whatsoever.

The painted hair on this :
headlq.jpg

Looks closer to this:
reviewduke00.jpg

when it should have looked like this:
head1y.jpg

Bingo. I'd like to see a repaint of Duke's head to make the hairline and the shading blend more naturally and less cartoonish.

Back