SSC Falconer Pred 1:1 Bio is up for pre-order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these bios IMO need to be mounted on the wall.
Agreed.
I have two closets in my room, in between the two closet doors there is a small strip of wall. Thats where I keep my Bios, it's as if they were meant to be there.
Really like the bases for the Super Predator Bios.

My replacement came in today, and its good! (original had a faulty magnet) :clap

Fbio.jpg

Here's a close up before and after pic of the mods I spoke about doing in post #123. Look at the shadows and highlights in the creases and around the eye ridges.

Fbiomod.jpg

And a family photo!
*Note: bios shown are on my magnetic base adjusters, and both bios have been paint-modded by me*

BandFbios.jpg

Simply beautiful pieces, and I cant wait for the tracker! (but my wallet can! ;) )

Haha well i wasn't wearing it and i dun think anyone saw me luckily lol. although i do have a couple of coworkers who are into collectables.

My number is #192 believe i just checked really quick. Base is WAY heavier then i thought it would be hah. Gonna need a secure nail to mount that on the wall.

That's my worry with wall mounting these.. seems it would be a must to anchor to a stud. or do you think two of those gorilla hooks for drywall would hold?

My replacement came in today, and its good! (original had a faulty magnet) :clap

Fbio.jpg

Here's a close up before and after pic of the mods I spoke about doing in post #123. Look at the shadows and highlights in the creases and around the eye ridges.

Fbiomod.jpg

And a family photo!
*Note: bios shown are on my magnetic base adjusters, and both bios have been paint-modded by me*

BandFbios.jpg

Simply beautiful pieces, and I cant wait for the tracker! (but my wallet can! ;) )

The touch ups look great.. subtle but noticeably improved. does the base adjuster make a big difference on this one as it did on Berserker.. I can't wait until I get that from you to see for myself..

They certainly do look good together and i have to say that falconer's bio seems larger then berserker.

@thrifty I personally have not hung mine on the wall if/when i do it im going to try and find a stud for sure.

For the people who have wall mounted them what have you guys done?

I originally had my Celtic Bio mounted on a stud, it came loose and extremely close to falling off.

I now have him on an anchor in a half-inch drywall, and it's working a lot better.. He's been there since July/August of last year.

I don't see how anyone would NOT want to wall mount them. It's like... Getting a statue and displaying it backwords. It was meant to be the other way.

I have all my stuff wall mounted. I took 3/4" plywood and painted it with Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. Then painted it with Rustoleum Copper color with the hammering stuff in it and screwed it to as mant studs as possible then touched up the screw heads. I was trying to echived to look of Wolf's wall in AVP-R.

The touch ups look great.. subtle but noticeably improved. does the base adjuster make a big difference on this one as it did on Berserker.. I can't wait until I get that from you to see for myself..

Thanks, the touch-ups are only there to bring out the piece's "natural beauty". ;) Its like make-up for a Predator. :lol This wasnt a full-on HCG Alien mod. :monkey1

As for the base adjuster, I had to do a revision on it to make it so the masks are perfectly level with each other and at the exact same angle.

Here's the Berserker magnet:

BMagnet.jpg

Here's the Falconer magnet:

FMagnet.jpg

And here is a side shot that shows the tops in proper alignment. Photo is angled so that you can see both heads. Head heights (dome tops, not crests) are the same.

BioHeights.jpg

I love the straightened look, personally. :) Your B magnet (dont forget to tape it to your mask or stand!) should be there any day now, so it'll give you some in-hand thoughts You can use the the B magnet on the Falconer, but it doesnt hold it properly or at the right height, but the angle will be correct, so it'll give you an idea. If you decide you want one, drop me a line! :wave

Next up: the Tracker... :naughty

Last edited:
Back