SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kool-aidman.jpg

just to be clear cuz there is a lot of confusion about what it is to be Elite™. to be Elite™, you need to own the exclusive version of the figure which is available from SS's site and nowhere else. not only that but you must own all the exclusive versions of every character released so far. if you missed out on any of them cuz of the folowing reasons you can't be Elite™ and therefore don't exist to me or the other Elitists™:

-weren't paying attention to when the Exclusive went on sale and it sold out from under your nose

-you were late to the game and now your jumping on the bandwagon trying to catch up

-you lie to yourself and say the extra $5-$10 for the Elite™ version isn't worth it. (there is a price to being Elite™)

-You have every exclusive and refuse to be associated with the Elitists because a few of them are GI Joe Nazis

-You have TWO of every exclusive as well as a regular and are so far above Elitists that you are frequently finding youself chuckling at the bragging about having only one of each exclusive figure...much the same way as you might chuckle at the well-dressed man across the street who just stepped in dog poo.

if any one of these points applies to you, please let me know so i can properly put you on ignore cuz you don't really exist. thank you for your time.

Fixed. You missed a couple.:)

Wow DC. You remind me of Ayn Rand. She refused to be associated with Mensa, even though she probably had the highest IQ of the century.

I think I saw her in a photo with a cigarette. Based on that, she could not have had the highest IQ of the century, because common sense would tell you that human beings need to breathe in order to obtain oxygen, and smoke is made up of small particles which would coat the lungs when breathed in, which would block the absorption of oxygen. Smoking is suffocating oneself at the very least, even without the later findings put forth by the Surgeon General in the early 1960's that smoking causes cancer. Smoking is far too stupid a thing to do for someone who is actually intelligent.

Translation - no one stepped up to buy him :)

I would have had no problem with CCC had he had been the 20th figure released in the line

You act like he took a slot in the line up. He didn't. He was a SDCC exclusive. Those are bonuses to the line up. You guys complained about him so much that this year we didn't get a Joe figure at SDCC. It could have been anything from a trooper variant to a Duke variant or even Storm Shadow. But we got nothing now. Thanks guys.

You act like he took a slot in the line up. He didn't. He was a SDCC exclusive. Those are bonuses to the line up. You guys complained about him so much that this year we didn't get a Joe figure at SDCC. It could have been anything from a trooper variant to a Duke variant or even Storm Shadow. But we got nothing now. Thanks guys.

Again, its the fans fault right? Gimme a break

We got nothing this year cuz SS couldnt plan there way out of a wet paper bag and spend resources on ____ that THEY think is cool, and collectors dont buy, IE PF Paratrooper, EX still for sale and Recon at waypoint only 750 pieces and still available.

No, I really think it was the fans fault on this one. If we aren't going to buy a 'lame variant' for a con exclusive, it won't sell, and Sideshow loses money on the trip (the exclusives help pay for attending comic con). So they did focus their energy on other items that would sell. Star Wars and Marvel have been cash cows for them and they both got an exclusive. The turtles have been doing well so they got one. And Sideshow just has to keep the Dead line alive, so it got one.

No, I really think it was the fans fault on this one. If we aren't going to buy a 'lame variant' for a con exclusive, it won't sell, and Sideshow loses money on the trip (the exclusives help pay for attending comic con). So they did focus their energy on other items that would sell. Star Wars and Marvel have been cash cows for them and they both got an exclusive. The turtles have been doing well so they got one. And Sideshow just has to keep the Dead line alive, so it got one.

But CCC did sell out....so whats the excuse, we bashed it and they didtn want to release another one and get there feelings hurt? Also dont see why it has to be a variant, SW EX are not variants aside from this year so why does the Joes have to be??

We got nothing this year cuz SS couldnt plan there way out of a wet paper bag and spend resources on ____ that THEY think is cool, and collectors dont buy, IE PF Paratrooper, EX still for sale and Recon at waypoint only 750 pieces and still available.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
yeah, that pretty much was what was available at the SDCC showing(mostly junk)...there is no way PF'S/Dio's sell better than 1/6 scale,but Sideslow still believes or wants to believe they do_Once Joe and Starwars is over,I see Sideshow done making 12" figures and they will be eventually done as a company as a whole..

:lecture:lecture:lecture
yeah, that pretty much was what was available at the SDCC showing(mostly junk)...there is no way PF'S/Dio's sell better than 1/6 scale,but Sideslow still believes or wants to believe they do_Once Joe and Starwars is over,I see Sideshow done making 12" figures and they will be eventually done as a company as a whole..

Maybe for the action figure clan but there's a lot of statues collectors and that brings in 3X the amount any of us spend on each figure.

Look who bought a pair of Sideshow Underoos! :lol

This is my main gripe about Sideshow. Let's forget the fact that he's remained sold out because they took the regular Commander off the table until he did so. But Sideshow makes a lame choice and rather than cop to the fact that they used poor judgment, they're likely sitting on Olympus blaming us for not accepting the figure unconditionally. Which is bull____.

I dunno. That's A-typical Sideshow brainwashing right there. A sensible Con Ex (Slaughter anyone?) would've sold like gang busters. Even as simple as changing CC's color to black. Instead they focused their energy on lame choices or polystone crap that isn't really selling. The Ex SE dio's back up on order. The throne is rotting on the GC list, as has the Waypoint environment for quite some time. Everybody and their grandmother canceled the Undying Carcass PF. That's gonna sting even more because SSC got a little greedy with the ES on that one. Surprisingly, it seems the same with the Wolverine PF, Wolverine of all characters. He should be a flipper's delight but the Ex can be had at retail. Gambit's following the same tune and expected to slip below retail. Hey, how 'bout them Ninja Turtles? It went from Ex Don fetching like $600 to Freaks not even able to pawn them off at MSRP. I won't get into the Prince of Persia PF that's bound for bellyflop greatness. Or the 1:6 mine cart environment for Indy though they've yet to even show prototype TOD figures. It amounts to a lot, A LOT of poor judgment on Sideshow's behalf. It's not collectors' faults. It's Sideshow's.

Last edited:
I dunno. They focused their energy on polystone crap that isn't really selling. The Ex SE dio's back up on order. The throne is rotting on the GC list, as was the environment for quite some time. Everybody and their grandmother canceled the Undying Carcass PF. That's gonna sting even more because SSC got a little greedy with the ES on that one. Surprisingly, it seems the same with the Wolverine PF, Wolverine of all characters. He should be a flipper's delight but the Ex can be had at retail. Gambit's following the same tune and perspected to slip below retail. Hey, how 'bout them Ninja Turtles? It went from Ex Don fetching like $600 to Freaks not even able to pawn them off at MSRP. I won't get into the Prince of Persia PF that's bound for bellyflop greatness. Or the 1:6 mine cart environment for Indy though they've yet to even show prototype TOD figures. It amounts to a lot, A LOT of poor judgment on Sideshow's behalf. It's not collectors' faults. It's Sideshow's.

I agree with a lot of this statement, the polystone has not been great choices or limited enough for certain pieces.

Back