SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe for the action figure clan but there's a lot of statues collectors and that brings in 3X the amount any of us spend on each figure.

Unfortunately Ski is 100% right, these statues make SS a ton more money, hence why 1/6 fails all the time.

Josh lend you a pair of his underoos?? :lol I kid

CCC would have been better received if his outfit was black.

If our whining kept us from getting a Duke dressed in pink, so be it.

You act like he took a slot in the line up. He didn't. He was a SDCC exclusive. Those are bonuses to the line up. You guys complained about him so much that this year we didn't get a Joe figure at SDCC. It could have been anything from a trooper variant to a Duke variant or even Storm Shadow. But we got nothing now. Thanks guys.

Thats something I've said a ton. I don't get why it ticked anyone off that they did a figure like this. Events like Comic-Con are the places you do something like this. You don't do someone important or meaningful to the line. If someone wants say as was asked for Sgt. Slaughter what that boils down to is they didn't make my choice so I'll stomp my feet.

So they may have opted since CCC wasn't well received why do something. Heck, even things like the sniper caught a bit of fire. I'm sure it makes one maybe replan what and when things are gonna come out.

The thing is as you can see by the responses by some its something that won't be listened to. It really is one of those the have their minds made up about things with Sideshow and they roll with that. Of course as we've seen we'll get the Sideshow underoos, rose colored glasses, etc.

Again, its the fans fault right? Gimme a break

We got nothing this year cuz SS couldnt plan there way out of a wet paper bag and spend resources on ____ that THEY think is cool, and collectors dont buy, IE PF Paratrooper, EX still for sale and Recon at waypoint only 750 pieces and still available.

Well, if the fans didn't accept something they did for the Con. Why do something again for it? Its a business. You don't make something that has a problem selling on purpose thats not planning very well.

As far as not planning and all that. If you actually knew what the hell you where talking about it would actually be worth talking about. :lol

I still think he'd look decent with some Crimson Guards flanking him... I also still wouldn't buy him though.

I think he will as well when they arrive. It will actually I think be enough of a push to get the throne.

Thats something I've said a ton. I don't get why it ticked anyone off that they did a figure like this. Events like Comic-Con are the places you do something like this. You don't do someone important or meaningful to the line. If someone wants say as was asked for Sgt. Slaughter what that boils down to is they didn't make my choice so I'll stomp my feet.

So they may have opted since CCC wasn't well received why do something. Heck, even things like the sniper caught a bit of fire. I'm sure it makes one maybe replan what and when things are gonna come out.

The thing is as you can see by the responses by some its something that won't be listened to. It really is one of those the have their minds made up about things with Sideshow and they roll with that. Of course as we've seen we'll get the Sideshow underoos, rose colored glasses, etc.

Well, if the fans didn't accept something they did for the Con. Why do something again for it? Its a business. You don't make something that has a problem selling on purpose thats not planning very well.

As far as not planning and all that. If you actually knew what the hell you where talking about it would actually be worth talking about. :lol

I think he will as well when they arrive. It will actually I think be enough of a push to get the throne.

Your argument is SO full of holes man.

And your only back up is I know what goes on but cant tell you, thats not worth ____. Exhibits A through Z prove SS doesnt plan properly, do we need to list them out AGAIN? your the only one that doesnt see it. Sales numbers are the proof in the pudding. And for the millionth time, Sniper and CCC are bashed as they were released to early in a line that needs more core guys to develop properly, Exhibit A LOTR, do we need to go over this again?? The teaser for the Joe line was released what almost three years ago and since then in hand we have 6 if you count FF unique figures.

CCC Commander SOLD OUT, so did the Sniper, whats your point?
Who knows what the thinking process is at SS? Case in point the Wolverine, Nam mentioned earlier, as awesome as the PF is, what was the thinking process on those aweful seams? Plus, the announcement of the brown costume one way before the yellow had even shipped out? Why do crap like that when you dont have to?

Firefly's a pretty cool character, IMO. Oh, wait, is this the CCC thread?

LOL, we need something to tide us over until people get him in hands

I like the version SS pumped out, after they changed the head, cant wait to get mine

Your argument is SO full of holes man.

Of course it is. :lol

And your only back up is I know what goes on but cant tell you, thats not worth ____. Exhibits A through Z prove SS doesnt plan properly, do we need to list them out AGAIN? your the only one that doesnt see it. Sales numbers are the proof in the pudding. And for the millionth time, Sniper and CCC are bashed as they were released to early in a line that needs more core guys to develop properly, Exhibit A LOTR, do we need to go over this again?? The teaser for the Joe line was released what almost three years ago and since then in hand we have 6 if you count FF unique figures.

I've never said anything about knowing what goes on. Those are your words not mine. Sadly, you're not correct on their planning but the disucssion is pointless cause you and several others on this board know how SS should do things and that you all have the answers. So I'm dropping the discussion because there's really not point and this isn't the thread for it.

CCC Commander SOLD OUT, so did the Sniper, whats your point?
Who knows what the thinking process is at SS? Case in point the Wolverine, Nam mentioned earlier, as awesome as the PF is, what was the thinking process on those aweful seams? Plus, the announcement of the brown costume one way before the yellow had even shipped out? Why do crap like that when you dont have to?

They did eventually yes but got kicked around a lot during the process cause they weren't some folks choices. As far as some of the seams and stuff I'm sure sometimes making PF's costumes you have to live with them. Well, I think they wanted to let folks know if you don't plan on getting or do that they will be doing the other versions of the character. Being told this or that is coming is one thing folks _____ about.

Firefly's a pretty cool character, IMO. Oh, wait, is this the CCC thread?

Good Point. Like I said I'm done.

LOL, we need something to tide us over until people get him in hands

I like the version SS pumped out, after they changed the head, cant wait to get mine

I thought FF was very nice with the all black mask, but with the camo mask he looks excellent!

Got Firefly today and he Rocks!! fully loaded and ready to kick butt!
I cancelled my Exclusive and saved $20..the exclusive accessory isnt necessary for this piece IMO...he already comes with two bombs!
you guys will love this piece like the rest of them

Of course it is. :lol

I've never said anything about knowing what goes on. Those are your words not mine. Sadly, you're not correct on their planning but the disucssion is pointless cause you and several others on this board know how SS should do things and that you all have the answers. So I'm dropping the discussion because there's really not point and this isn't the thread for it.

They did eventually yes but got kicked around a lot during the process cause they weren't some folks choices. As far as some of the seams and stuff I'm sure sometimes making PF's costumes you have to live with them. Well, I think they wanted to let folks know if you don't plan on getting or do that they will be doing the other versions of the character. Being told this or that is coming is one thing folks _____ about.

Good Point. Like I said I'm done.

Sorry at some point in another thread I thought you said they shared some upcoming info with you. I never said I knew how to plan their business, my point is they DONT and should blame themselves for these problems they have with the 1/6th lines, and the proof is in the sales of items and the demise of SEVERAL 1/6th lines.

You cant defend them when you have zero evidence to state otherwise.

Why couldnt they have released another figure instead of waypoint?? BAD PLANNING AND CHOICES

Sorry and to add it was the sniper that kicked around, CCC sold out pretty quick I believe. I wonder why a third variant in a line 7 deep took so long to sell :monkey1

Last edited:
Got Firefly today and he Rocks!! fully loaded and ready to kick butt!
I cancelled my Exclusive and saved $20..the exclusive accessory isnt necessary for this piece IMO...he already comes with two bombs!
you guys will love this piece like the rest of them

Looks good. His gun needs a bit of weathering.

Back