SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silly-701566.jpg

silly to think a company investing time and money into a product could build in normal human details while they are at it? I don;t think so. Hasbro's sculpts are all sorts of wrong, but they tried to do it. So did 21st century. So does HT now. Tell me why you wouldn't because no one else does? That seems silly. And thanks for finding yet another post of mine to try to contradict for your own personal pleasure or something. :lol are you stalking me? :lol

Don't flatter yourself Mr. Silly. I'd make you my dog's b**ch before I'd make you mine. :p As for the muscles, HT doesn't do it all the time and their rubber suits suck and can't even compare in quality or articulation to their non-sculpted TTs. They rot, pick up dust, dirt, etc. like a magnet and lack realistic poseability. The elbows don't even look natural when bent. I haven't seen anything from 21st that did it except lame rubber "Barbie" arms which don't even look real. Hasbro doesn't do it on their super-articulated figures, only on the low-end toys so in those respects, sculpted muscles = fail. Again, if you're looking for sculpted muscles, maybe statues would be a better venue. :huh

Don't flatter yourself Mr. Silly. I'd make you my dog's b**ch before I'd make you mine. :p As for the muscles, HT doesn't do it all the time and their rubber suits suck. They rot, pick up dust, dirt, etc. like a magnet and lack realistic poseability. The elbows don't even look natural when bent. I haven't seen anything from 21st that did it except lame rubber "Barbie" arms which don't even look real. Hasbro doesn't do it on their super-articulated figures, only on the low-end toys so in those respects, sculpted muscles = fail. Again, if you're looking for sculpted muscles, maybe statues would be a better venue. :huh

I dont think they mean rubber arms, just not smooth shapeless plastic. Slap a little definition on those plastics parts so they dont look so much like a drawing dummy.

Don't flatter yourself Mr. Silly. I'd make you my dog's b**ch before I'd make you mine. :p As for the muscles, HT doesn't do it all the time and their rubber suits suck and can't even compare in quality or articulation to their non-sculpted TTs. They rot, pick up dust, dirt, etc. like a magnet and lack realistic poseability. The elbows don't even look natural when bent. I haven't seen anything from 21st that did it except lame rubber "Barbie" arms which don't even look real. Hasbro doesn't do it on their super-articulated figures, only on the low-end toys so in those respects, sculpted muscles = fail. Again, if you're looking for sculpted muscles, maybe statues would be a better venue. :huh

gosh thanks again for the reply totally unexpected. :lol second, think this through logically, I think you can do it...maybe...do any of the issues on HT arms mentioned above directly relate to being a reason not to add realistic detail to an otherwise stick figure body? I never said a thing about rubber or dust or articulation. The question I have is what's the point to making nondetailed arms. Your only reply to that (in addition to your classic and predictibly demeaning attitude, by the way if you want to bully, do it to your wife and kids) was "no one else does it".

gosh thanks again for the reply totally unexpected. :lol second, think this through logically, I think you can do it...maybe...do any of the issues on HT arms mentioned above directly relate to being a reason not to add realistic detail to an otherwise stick figure body? I never said a thing about rubber or dust or articulation. The question I have is what's the point to making nondetailed arms. Your only reply to that (in addition to your classic and predictibly demeaning attitude) was "no one else does it".

I'd like to see it done on a regular basis... Not really sure why companies have yet to adopt some sort of detail for their bodies. We get a bit on the chest and, of course, hands but forearms seems like a natural addition. Guess there's no reason to do it when it doesn't show that often.:rolleyes:

I really can't think of a reason why its NOT done. I mean, does added detail under sleeves hurt anything? Not that I can think of. The only thing I can think of is they don;t want to pay someone up front sculpting to add detail. I think the cost would have been minimal considering the 100000s of figures they would produce with it. I don't think it would affect molding and casting.

Same thing with calves. The hobbits look pretty silly with these undetailed (not to mention cracked) shins.

I think the base figures should have had roughly detailed arms and then the upgrade for Duke should have involved hair and maybe even veins.

I really can't think of a reason why its NOT done. I mean, does added detail under sleeves hurt anything? Not that I can think of. The only thing I can think of is they don;t want to pay someone up front sculpting to add detail. I don't think it would affect molding and casting.

Same thing with calves. The hobbits look pretty silly with these undetailed (not to mention cracked) shins.

I can see the benefit of having undetailed, smooth legs and forearms for potential armored characters or characters who may have bulky accessories that attached to legs or arms, but both SS and HT have specialized bodies for those sort of pieces now so their basic body should then include SOME detail.... Oh well.

On a side (on topic) note, every time I look at photos of Firefly I find myself liking him more and more. He's going to look awesome with Snake Eyes and SS and some day Stalker...:rolleyes:

The only thing I'm planning is a cammo swap, a weapon trade (for the K), and a potential repaint of the head. Everything else is fine.

Same here. I'm planning on putting cammo paint on the head and possibly a cammo swap, but I'll stick with his gear. I'll have to see how the new Pro 1.1 body turns out, before I think about switching him to a TT. So far I've swapped all my Joes to TTs (SE, CC, SS, and the Cobra Trooper are all on HT bodies).

So...

Anyone have any ideas yet on what type of aftermarket gear they're gonna use on him?

I'm a fan of the crossed bandoliers look, and am not entirely sold on the backpack either (especially since Duke has the same one). I was never big into 1/6th military stuff until the Sideshow Joes came out, so I have no idea where to start for this kind of stuff...

My cammo arrived today, I'm sticking with this.
11244_102037983156794_100000517794977_53813_7922610_n.jpg

Got it for 17$, and it's almost the exact same material as the cobra troopers. it's nice ( surprisingly high quality. not HT quality, but atleast at sideshow quality, if a little lower. ) and ALOT darker than the pic is showing it to be. it looks a great deal like the 84 version.

It's a cellphone pic, so it's crap quality, but it's on a pro body.

I always thought of Alyssa Milano when it came to Lady Jaye...

Meryl Streep is about as sexy as Bea Arthur

So deadpool would like her then.

Back