SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what are we arguing about?? collector's like small edition sizes and these are aimed at RAH fans. lowering the price and increasing the edition sizes isn't gonna do anybody any good. the "millitary fans" will just pick and choose and half the figures will sit in SS's warehouse and then the line will be put on "hold" like everything else.

None of these figures are small updates. They are modern reboots.

I'm not wrong period, I'm wrong to you. You don't make the distinction that there might actually exist a consumer base or a portion of it that doesn't think exactly like you do. At least make some attempt to acknowledge the difference.

You're asking me to acknowledge that this figure is so updated that it doesn't look at all like Duke. In your own mind you might be right, but anybody who's a RAH fan or even a casual fan would look at Duke or Snake Eyes, or Storm Shadow, or Cobra Commander and know EXACTLY who they're supposed to be. That's not me making an assumption, that's fact.

Proof is in the pudding. Josh, you're a casual fan of Joe. Based on the figures I listed above, do you know who they're supposed to be?

My girl cousin which grew up with me playing with GI JOE's watched ROC and said this is not right, Dave (me) would know what Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes or Cobra Commander should really look like and their back story :lecture, true story and write that down.

GI Joe RAH is somewhere from 25-30 years old. There could be a wide range of fans with a wide range of variation they'd like to see.

I'm asking you to acknowledge that not everyone who collects or may collect these SST GI Joe figures will think exactly like you do.

It's cool, I know you like to argue, it's your MO.

Here's my base point - modern military collectors are potentially more consumers.

If you can attract more consumers and raise demand, you can increase quantity, with production at economies of scale, you can potentially lower the price. Demand will go up with hard core military collectors if the quality grade goes up. Some of you might be satisfied with the quality and that's fine, we all have a right to an opinion here. But what's wrong with me saying that demanding better quality might increase demand and possibly make it cheaper for everyone across the board? What if an increase in demand and production could mean everyone could get their sets for 5 bucks cheaper? Would you like to be able to buy a figure for potentially 5 bucks cheaper? I would but that's just me.

Brands serve consumers, not the other way around. Maybe I'm a little tired of the thought process that someone out there is doing us a favor by taking our money for product.

Do you own any of Sideshow's Joes? You're making a considerable amount of assumptions and so far a greater majority of them have been wrong.

As for Sideshow lowering the price, let's look at the other companies. HT's been using the TT forever. Did they ever lower the price? No. What about Medicom's RAH? They've used that thing since before I picked up my first Stormtrooper what seems like many, many moons ago. If you're trying to justify picking up or bashing cheaper figures vs. paying the price for high-end collectibles, you're in the wrong forums.

I still can't help but be impressed that they're voluntarily cutting into their own profits on a sold out preorder with new R & D on a camo head.

Trust me on a $120 figure their profit margin is wide enough they can afford to.

Yeah, anyone that is familiar with Joes should know who each figure is. Even Firefly is clearly Firefly, even though he is indeed fairly different from his classic design.

I think it is clearly obvious that this is Firefly, but in fairness, who the heck else could he be? Which other Cobra has that type of camo, a mask, and that type of pose and gun? I could see mistaking him for some random terrorist or special ops guy, but not for any other Cobra or Joe.

I don't suppose that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with anybody, by the way, just throwing in my unsolicited opinion.

we're not talking about that any more. we're talking about how sideshow could make more money if they made about 5000 more Fireflys and charged less money for them. oh and make him even more generic so he appeals to millitary fans who might not be into GI Joe. supply and demand.

we're not talking about that any more. we're talking about how sideshow could make more money if they made about 5000 more Fireflys and charged less money for them. oh and make him even more generic so he appeals to millitary fans who might not be into GI Joe. supply and demand.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Oh. Sorry. Please ignore my previous post :wave

I think it is clearly obvious that this is Firefly, but in fairness, who the heck else could he be? Which other Cobra has that type of camo, a mask, and that type of pose and gun? I could see mistaking him for some random terrorist or special ops guy, but not for any other Cobra or Joe.

I don't suppose that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with anybody, by the way, just throwing in my unsolicited opinion.

Conductor hat on him would make him Shockwave.

shockwave.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol:monkey1

Back