SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, really. The vintage gun looks almost nothing like the Joker gun to me. The Sideshow one at least has the thicker silencer part, looks more "modern" and is green. Sure, the magazine's in a different place, but that doesn't affect the look so much as having the aesthetic of something from the early Cold War.

The 25th Anniversary gun is pretty much the same as the Joker's gun far as I can tell, but that's not the vintage gun.

Yeah, really. The vintage gun looks almost nothing like the Joker gun to me. The Sideshow one at least has the thicker silencer part, looks more "modern" and is green. Sure, the magazine's in a different place, but that doesn't affect the look so much as having the aesthetic of something from the early Cold War.

The 25th Anniversary gun is pretty much the same as the Joker's gun far as I can tell, but that's not the vintage gun.

The vintage gun looks more like a (sculptor who doesn't really know guns) toy version of a Swedish K than a TMP. Seeing Tunnel Rat's MG34-ish rifle w/ Starlight Scope would lend credit to that. :lol Styre didn't even produce the TMP until the turn of the century.

I like the new gun SS gave him. Have the BR Joker gun, but will prolly use it for custom 84 Firefly.

I like the Joker gun a lot. It was a good idea for Hasbro to use that for an update. I don't like the TMP. It looks too modern. It also looks too much like an Uzi.

...as having the aesthetic of something from the early Cold War.

The Cold War esthetic was something I always associated with Firefly's gun. That's why I never realized that the new Hasbro gun was different. The only thing off (besides the stock) is that the silencer is too small. The silencer on Sideshow's gun is the only thing that makes me think of the vintage gun, but that's completely lost on how different the rest of it is.

Swedish K. 1945. Don't think this is a '45 model though. It does look basically like the vintage gun.

swedish_k.jpg

Notice the distance between the grip and the magazine, though. This Swedish gun is long and thin. Firefly's vintage gun was more compact like the Sideshow version. I can't debate what the vintage gun was supposed to represent, because I don't know jack about actual guns, but in my opinion, the Sideshow gun looks more like the vintage Firefly gun, though they clearly aren't the same. You guys can disagree, and I can see why Hasbro decided to update Firefly's gun in the way they did for the 25th version, but I still personally don't see that much resemblance.

Note also that I'm not saying I don't like Joker's Swedish gun, I do.

As for when I was a kid, I always treated it like a flamethrower. I think part of it was because it has a little part sticking out below the magazine that I thought was supposed to connect to a rubber hose that so many Joes had. He also used a flamethrower in the cartoon at one point. And his name was "Firefly."

The original gun does look like a flamethrower.

And I see what you mean about the length. The grip on the vintage slants almost right into the magazine, but the scope and the shortness of the Sideshow muzzle still throw it off for me.

I can't debate what the vintage gun was supposed to represent, because I don't know jack about actual guns...

Me either. Just what I get from movies and stuff.

the vintage gun looks like a cross of a tech 9 and an uzi of some sorts...while the 25th looks sort of like an MP-40. Im not a huge gun expert, so dont quote me on any of that info im spewing. Just going from my head.

The gun and color SSC chose are a fantastic approximation of the vintage weapon, IMO. Just watched Hurt Locker the other night, I couldn't help but think of FF's exclusive when the first few IED's were uncovered. :D

Last edited:
dirty-harry-clint-eastwood1.jpg

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I believe that the originals comment was "One gun will kill you just as dead as the other."

And that is undeniable seeing as how dead is dead and there are no levels of dead.

I garantee you, that no matter how many shots it takes to kill you, if you are killed by a .22, you will attain the exact same level of "dead" that you would by a .50.

Edit - However, you have a much greater chance of leaving a good-looking corpse with the .22.

Back