SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like they are giving him a lighter treament overall.

firefly.jpg
2616_press03-001.jpg

I think it's just the lighting.

This FF Fig is going to set the new standard for this line.

And every other SS 1/6 line for that matter.

I hope not, I rather they stick closer to the original look. I know they have to update the equipment and all, and Im all for that, but they went a little to far off on this one. SS changed the things that made him recognizable as FF, colors in camo, back pack, crossed bandolier, leg detonator, and originally the camo balaclava (I dont buy that they were planning to do this all along). As I stated earlier, though I do agree that the camo gives it more of the FF look. It still looks off with the white in the pattern. The colors they gave him make him look as he is doing a job in the snow, specially now that the camo appears to be lighter than before. I would have been happier if they would have given his jacket the grey, dark gray 2 tone camo, and the crossed bandolier. The camo head I could have painted myself.

All they'd need to do to make a repaint unnecessary is keep the base coat that the non-camo head has. On the camo head, the base is what's too light. The colors are practically opposite. The light one is all wrong. The dark one would be perfect.

Well, I'll be getting Firefly now. I wonder how much I am going to have to spend on getting him to look like the 84' card art.

He doesnt have anything that could be used to make 1984 Firefly. You'll have to make your own from various parts like the rest of us did.

Re: Firefly?

This figure seems to be the most divisive yet, you either love it or hate it. I would have prefered if they had stuck closer to this pre-production sketch:
That said, I still like Sideshow's interpretation of the character and look forward to seeing the final figure. I'm glad they have included the camo headsculpt, I think it will really add to the overall look.

Would the camo pattern even be the same on every single figure? I would think they cut out the shell pattern on huge rolls of fabric making the pattern on each shell unique?

I think you are right. If you look closely, you can see tha camo pattern on both figures, but in different spots.

For example, the pattern on the seam of the shoulder of the newer picture an be seen on the same side, but lower, below the grenade pouch on the older picture.

Would the camo pattern even be the same on every single figure? I would think they cut out the shell pattern on huge rolls of fabric making the pattern on each shell unique?

That will be interesting to see indeed. I imagine if that is the case, some figures will end up looking better than others because of the pattern placement.

Back