SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fireflys.jpg

Priceless. :goodpost:

I mean, cant you guys think of it this way? This firefly is like in between portrait of all the joes from their original costume to their 1991 version. Some transitional looking thing...

Ok I really dont know what im saying but am I the only one who is digging the urban look versus the psudo ninja thing?

I mean, cant you guys think of it this way? This firefly is like in between portrait of all the joes from their original costume to their 1991 version. Some transitional looking thing...

Ok I really dont know what im saying but am I the only one who is digging the urban look versus the psudo ninja thing?

I see no pseudo ninja thing with the OG FF. Just an Urban look. The new one looks like he's wearing winter camo.

as a kid I always thought of firefly to be like Storm Shadow in camo, same body just diff paint job and accesories. So I got him thinking he was a ninja, haha.

+ Hoods are cool as evident with the 2nd Storm Shadow!

I really like the new FF look. Urban camo/winter camo he looks bad ass and I cant wait for him. Why all the hate for FF...

I really like the new FF look. Urban camo/winter camo he looks bad ass and I cant wait for him. Why all the hate for FF...

The camo colors are what really made Firefly distinct among all the other Cobras. Changing that very aspect is stripping away his identity. Nobody's debating the fact that he's a kickass figure, he's just not Firefly. It's the equivalent of a pink Vader, a yellow Hulk or a red Batman.

i thought the resolute firefly was pretty cool looking. it didn't really bother me that he wasn't in camo. it just went with the whole 'reimagined' look of resolute and the other characters.

i was very excited to get the figure we inititally saw in the drawings which i know is dumb since they were just concept drawings. it's not that i don't like the version we are getting but that concept drawing is the figure i wanted. all that being said, i think the added camo head is a huge step in the right direction and fixed any of my complaints. i think that was my main hang up with the figure.

Last edited:
so if we put on the new head sculpt and then take off his hoodie...then wouldnt that solve the issue? Color aside of course

No, because unless I'm mistaken, only the outer hoodie is camouflaged. His undershirt is just grey.

The camo colors are what really made Firefly distinct among all the other Cobras. Changing that very aspect is stripping away his identity. Nobody's debating the fact that he's a kickass figure, he's just not Firefly. It's the equivalent of a pink Vader, a yellow Hulk or a red Batman.

Ahh ok, yeah I understand where people are coming from. If you put it like that I do agree, I guess Im just happy they did him as good as they did.

so if we put on the new head sculpt and then take off his hoodie...then wouldnt that solve the issue? Color aside of course

No, because unless I'm mistaken, only the outer hoodie is camouflaged. His undershirt is just grey.

I think I misread/misunderstood your post. By "take off his hoodie" did you mean removing his outer shell entirely, or just literally removing his hoodie?

Im guessing this is why so many people are going to swap out his clothing for the camoed BDU's for a more accurate look.

Im guessing this is why so many people are going to swap out his clothing for the camoed BDU's for a more accurate look.

Yeah. I'm fine with the completely gray balaclava and already have a set of urban digies to replace the snow gear. I'm still toying with whether or not to camo the balaclava to match, but if he looks adequate enough in the digies with the plain gray one, I'll leave well enough alone. Out of all the figures so far, he'll be the easiest to upgrade.

I assume that if you literally take off his camo hoodie, Id expect there to be a camo undershirt, hence giving him the old school cept for the shade of camo

Back