SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, it's uses of words like Spam and whored??? Really??? Do you really need to be that negative. This kid is trying to get honest opinions about his work in order to improve his craft, and what better place to show it than in the DUH, Firefly thread??? Not everyone has the same opinion as you, and might appreciate knowing there's an opportunity to get the vintage style backpack since Sideshow didn't, and won't be doing it.

While I can appreciate that, might help to look at it from another perspective. The figure's not due for quite a bit, we don't know who he is and we sure didn't expect a store to be showing in hand pics of him for the next 20 days or so. He already has a thread that he posted the pics in (after posting here in the official thread). And reading his post, it did not sound at all like he was looking for criticism, but in fact, trying to sell his custom. This whole uncomfortable situation could just as easily been avoided if he'd followed the forum rules and bumped his custom thread where we all would've seen it anyway. :huh

Last edited:
The custom backpack should have been offered for sale in another thread rather than this one. Since he has since started a separate thread about it there really isn't any need to continue the discussion in this one.

You know, it's uses of words like Spam and whored??? Really??? Do you really need to be that negative. This kid is trying to get honest opinions about his work in order to improve his craft, and what better place to show it than in the DUH, Firefly thread??? Not everyone has the same opinion as you, and might appreciate knowing there's an opportunity to get the vintage style backpack since Sideshow didn't, and won't be doing it.

Damn, did he run to you to defend him?

He posted that he has this figure and then in the same sentence posted a link to something he is selling, that is spam.

I make decals for stands, but I don't go into threads trying to drum up business for them.

As 'Nam just said, if he would have gave a bit more info about the figure this thread is based on instead of linking to his backpack he is offering for sale, there would have been no problems.

Hey, Does anybody know where I can get some review on Firefly? Like from people that already have him in hand and have strapped customizable backpacks on him.

Hopefully, if TA is getting Firefly in now maybe some others will. I've got a reg coming from Alter Ego so maybe he'll be next. :lol

Hopefully, if TA is getting Firefly in now maybe some others will. I've got a reg coming from Alter Ego so maybe he'll be next. :lol

Josh, I think I may have gotten my BD Iron Mark III in the same pose as your avatar. It was tricky but I think I might have it. Having a problem turning his head far enough though.

Josh, I think I may have gotten my BD Iron Mark III in the same pose as your avatar. It was tricky but I think I might have it. Having a problem turning his head far enough though.

Cool! Yeah, getting the head to turn that direction totally would be hard. I've got mine standing about to blast with everything he's got. :lol

I'm not scared away I do not have anymore pictures of Firefly sorry. And I apologize for posting my link to my thread I didn't know it was such a big deal that I did it. Not like it really hurt anybody by posting it. But whatever

Nor would it hurt every forum on the board if every customizer and his handlers solicited in every thread related to what they were selling. You're right.

This is probably the only forum where it would be a problem because here there are Nazis who hurt people's feelings just to watch them bleed. They're elitist bullies with no sense of delicacy when it comes to people who just want to share their work and not hurt anybody. They even kicked out all the customizers and relegated them to a customs sub-forum, not unlike a Polish ghetto where they wait unsuspectingly for the trains to take them to the end of the line.

Oh wait. That's the Star Wars forum. Why don't we have a customizer ghetto in the Joe forums??? What Nazi worth his swastika doesn't have a ghetto??? Hurry. Someone get the barbed wire before we have more people not hurting anyone in here. Because that's the problem with this place. Too many people not hurting other people. Has anyone even given witekite his yellow star yet? Elvis1976, Skiman, Mando, EVILFACE and everyone who's ever modded a Joe figure all have theirs. How are we ever going to control this scourge if we don't know who's a kustomjuden and who isn't???

Nor would hurt every forum on the board if every customizer and his handlers solicited in every thread related to what they were selling.

This is probably the only forum where it would be a problem because here there are Nazis who hurt people's feelings just to watch them bleed. They're elitist bullies with no sense of delicacy when it comes to people who just want to share their work and not hurt anybody. They even kicked out all the customizers and relegated them to a customs sub-forum, not unlike a Polish ghetto where they wait unsuspectingly for the trains to take them to the end of the line.

Oh wait. That's the Star Wars forum. Why don't we have a customizer ghetto in the Joe forums??? What Nazi worth his swastika doesn't have a ghetto??? Hurry. Someone get the barbed wire before we have more people not hurting anyone in here. Because that's the problem with this place. Too many people not hurting other people. Has anyone even given witekite his yellow star yet? Elvis1976, Skiman, Mando, EVILFACE and everyone who's ever modded a Joe figure all have theirs. How are we ever going to control this scourge if we don't know who's a kustomjuden and who isn't???

And this would be entirely relevant if he didn't already have an existing custom thread here though, started back in June, for this very thing. ;) :lol

Nor would it hurt every forum on the board if every customizer and his handlers solicited in every thread related to what they were selling. You're right.

Wow, Dev. :slap:lol

I think I might take his knee pads off....they look kind of weird to me for some reason...

Yeah, the fact that the kneepads and the gaiters are almost the same color throw the look off.

I understand the necessity of the gaiters from a practical standpoint; as a saboteur, Firefly will be crawling through the mud or on his knees, planting explosives...but the kneepads would take care of that. Probably would look better with teh camo pants being all camo.

Back