SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they tried to take it seriously (can it really be done? Wow. :monkey1), they'd be forced to come to the obvious conclusion that there is no kustomjuden sub-forum here, and it's because we're not Nazis (ironical namecalling by self-aggrandizing moralizers notwithstanding). ;)

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and cancelled. After seeing the full figure with the camo head he still just didn't speak to me as being enough of what I want out of a FF figure for the price. Oh well.

So...how about that Firefly?

Firefly is an awesome figure. I really like the goggles and I think I'm going to use the grey head because the red lenses will look cooler against the darker background. I'm going to dye his camo darker too. I already have a BR Swedish K that'll be going matte green to match the detonator and I might make him an RAH pack if I don't like the one that comes with him. If I do, it's going to be more minimalist than the original.

As much of a disappointment as this figure was, I still can't wait for 8/15.

I do like direction they took him in. I just wish they had better integrated their innovation with the original. Darker camo would have gone a long way towards that end. I like the hood. I like the gaiters. I like the patches to an extent. But there are some elements of a character that define them, and I think the sub-machine gun and the frame pack/toolbox were unfortunate omissions (almost as bad as arctic camo).

I like the figure a lot especially more so after seeing it at the Con. I think the tweaks they made to the figure came off nicely.

The Grey is a pretty dark grey overall and the white wasn't bright white at all. It was a bit of concrete I think.

Back