SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had our differences in opinion but I totally agree. In fact I even think this figure is a better representation of the Baroness than the PF.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Looking at the DC figures & PFs, surprisingly, it looks like the 1/6 will all be better representations. Great time to be a 1/6 collector! :yess: Bad time to be collecting the polystone stuff. :monkey2

The Nam has a good point. 1/6th is for people who want their cake and eat it too. We want the articulation and we want the greatness of the larger scale. I can't think of many figures that have hit them both out ofthe park at the same time as well as this.

We've had our differences in opinion but I totally agree. In fact I even think this figure is a better representation of the Baroness than the PF.

Agreed. I'm getting this either way, but am debating whether to cancel my PF. Hope there's a production sample shown at SDCC. I was thinking of having PFs of Destro, Storm Shadow, and Baroness join my CC, but might just bag that idea.

There were no GIJOE PFs at con. I think the Baroness 1/6th looked great but again, poses for most of these figures looked bad to me. I am prob biased since i am a statue collector but the marvel 1/6th poses looked horrible and most of the gijoe stuff was pretty stiff as well. Still, the details on these figures definitely look great.

I am very annoyed no Joe statues, even showing the Baroness should have happened, I hope they are still planning to show it.

There were no GIJOE PFs at con. I think the Baroness 1/6th looked great but again, poses for most of these figures looked bad to me. I am prob biased since i am a statue collector but the marvel 1/6th poses looked horrible and most of the gijoe stuff was pretty stiff as well. Still, the details on these figures definitely look great.

I am very annoyed no Joe statues, even showing the Baroness should have happened, I hope they are still planning to show it.

So maybe take the crying to the Baroness PF thread? :dunno :lol

One strange thing that I'm sure can be futzed away; her suit hugs too closely around her upper leg joints. Should be easy to make it look more natural. Or maybe I'm seeing things.

One strange thing that I'm sure can be futzed away; her suit hugs too closely around her upper leg joints. Should be easy to make it look more natural. Or maybe I'm seeing things.

It's as easy as sliding off the foot, then the shin guard and pulling down on the leggings. Non-issue.

Looking at the DC figures & PFs, surprisingly, it looks like the 1/6 will all be better representations. Great time to be a 1/6 collector! :yess: Bad time to be collecting the polystone stuff. :monkey2

:goodpost:As long as the Production paint comes out like the protos 1/6th is the better buy for soo many reasons!

It's as easy as sliding off the foot, then the shin guard and pulling down on the leggings. Non-issue.

Yeah, should be. Goes to show I've been looking over these pics too long. About as close to perfect as I could have expected.

I think Sideshow did a wonderful job with the Baroness. This and Scarlett are most likely the only Sideshow Joes I get, that is unless they make Hit & Run, Crazy Legs and a Steel Brigade figure. And before anyone says anything, yes I know Crazy Legs is a strange choice for a fav Joe.

I have no issues with Crazy Legs. Loved his assault rifle with the foldable stock; G.I. Joe is what introduced me to my interest in weapons.

No issues with his red and grey uniform either, and he was featured prominently in a three (two?) issue story arc of the MArvel Comic where he, Wild Bill, and another Joe (my memory is failing me....damn, I'm getting old) teamed up with the Dreadnoks and helped a bunch of refugees escape from Sierra Gorod.

So no, Crazy Legs is not a strange choice. Now had you said Sneek Peek, you would have been asked to never return to the Joe forum.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was "all in" on SS's DC PFs until I saw the 1/6 figures.

Knowing what that's from, that's just waaaaaay too creepy Riddick.

Not much of a Cankle fan?

Having just updated my Beachhead figure, I'll have to disagree, they could've been even more faithful imo.

Yeah, I can see that, but he definitely is a lot closer to their classic counterparts than a lot of the other figures in the collection. I really don't see why some people aren't happy with Bludd and the Baroness. They look amazing. Now the Snake Eyes with Timber? Well, that is another story.

Back