SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the quality goes up by an amount equal to, or greater than the price increase, I'm ok with this.

If the price goes up, what does it matter that they cut back to keep them affordable?

It's really a quality vs quantity discussion. This is an age old argument I've been having since who knows how long. I remember it being an issue with LOTR figures and SSC stating that the reason the figures were being released so slowly then was that the figures were hard to make and maintain a high level of quality. At the time, those figures minus a few bad paint apps were really good. The clothing rocked. However, that line obviously died in large part because of too slow releases or poor character selection (Faramir before Gandalf or badguys for example).

For me, there's really only so far I need a toy's quality to go. At some point spending x dollars on 1 toy has its limits...no matter how awesome that toy may be.

Personally, I find it easier to justify spending $1200 on 10 "B+" toys than $1200 on 6 "A-" toys.

So for this year, we have had

Falcon ( SDCC exclusive variant(

Black dragon ninja ( Variant)

Zartan (original)

Crimson Guard ( Original)

Rock N Roll ( Original )

Snake Eys W/ Timber ( Original )

So 4 original releases, and 2 variants this year. Right on target.

Who is Falcon a variant of?

Well, we all new that the Baroness was going to be up for pre-order in October... how about someone or something else SideShow!?!
:impatient:

:goodpost::exactly: Snowjob???

I'm getting impatient. :tap

We need at least 3 pre orders before 2013.

:goodpost:

Two. I don't care how hard teemu whines, Falcon counts. :exactly:

Falcon does count,but its not enough...4 a year, plus an exlusive is too slow considering ALL the characters that need to be made (if thats where Sideshow is going with this line)

plus as time goes on,prices just keep getting higher for these,so my whining for more is justified to get more characters sooner than later

Crimson Guard too.

And isn't SE do in November?

But I only feel secured when I have a stock pile of pre orders.

:exactly:

Too many posts without a picture...

03_Sideshow_Baroness.jpg

I doubt the final product will look as good as that prototype pic

We can hope it's close. The paint apps do not appear to be terribly complex.

Ahh, but that's the thing, paint applications on female heads ARE complex, because it is subtle. Eye shadow, blushing, eye liner. . .

Think about it. . .

How long does your lady take to put her face on in the morning?? And how long has she been practicing at it??

Female heads in 1/6 are notoriously hard to pull off. Even the illustrious HT has had nearly as many misses as they have hits.

Who is Falcon a variant of?

Nobody. Like the other Joes, he reuses pieces, but he's his own release.

Bits and bobs, here and there. Some stalker, some rock n roll, some flint.

He is unique enough to be his own release, but in many ways he is a variant.

He is as much a variant as Rock 'n' Roll and Flint. :cuckoo:

Yea Falcon is not a variant of anyone. Two new sculpts, two new weapons, a new camo pattern, new shell pouches and a modified body. Sure he uses some parts like the clothes pattern, boots, sidearm and webgear, but all the Joes do.

Nobody. Like the other Joes, he reuses pieces, but he's his own release.

He is as much a variant as Rock 'n' Roll and Flint. :cuckoo:

Yea Falcon is not a variant of anyone. Two new sculpts, two new weapons, a new camo pattern, new shell pouches and a modified body. Sure he uses some parts like the clothes pattern, boots, sidearm and webgear, but all the Joes do.

That's exactly what I was getting at.

I feel as if he is a bit of rehash but when I look at it, he stands alone pretty well and he came with a lot of cool ****. The rehash doesn't bother because I mean, the line is military themed, things are supposed to be "uniformed" ... :lol

Back