SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, he right. My Baroness was charged yesterday and will be at my house on Thusday.
I guess they are going in some type of order.

Weird how they charging and shipping these out then. They bumped my final Flex payment on Vader until next week as well instead of the 10th, but Baroness was regular full pay so I don't get why they'd charge and ship her and the Commander together for some and not others :confused:

I may have to pick up Baroness. She just looks awesome. Cobra Commander I'm glad I won't be getting him. He just doesn't look too great for the price but will wait to judge more for him when in hand pics arrive.

y09d.jpg

9gib.jpg

The Baroness looks great to me. Odd that they used a stock photo from Sideshow in the review, you'd think we would like to see the actual product. I do wish they send this figure to someone who can review the figure more thoroughly then they did there. I'd like to know what the joints are like on the Baroness.

Last edited:
I do wish they send this figure to someone who can review the figure more thoroughly then they did there. I'd like to know what the joints are like on the Baroness.

I'm really puzzled by Sideshow's new strategy of sending figures out for review to videogame and "media" sites. The reviewer usually seems to be not familiar with sixth scale figures as a format, and the review just comes across as uninformed. My assumption is that Sideshow knows the "hardcore" sixth scale figure market is shrinking, and they're trying to expand their reach.

Those sites have lots of traffic hence more eyes looking at it.

But they should make sure the person knows how to prepare a product for presentation.

I'm really puzzled by Sideshow's new strategy of sending figures out for review to videogame and "media" sites. The reviewer usually seems to be not familiar with sixth scale figures as a format, and the review just comes across as uninformed. My assumption is that Sideshow knows the "hardcore" sixth scale figure market is shrinking, and they're trying to expand their reach.
That's what I believe they're trying to do. Still it's hard to get people who laugh them off as dolls to pick up the original action figure. I feel the only way to get true converts to 1:6 is for people to see these in person.

But they should make sure the person knows how to prepare a product for presentation.
But they dont & wont... there is nothing you can do about that. People on here may be able to do that but im willing to bet that site will get them more sales than any review on here regardless.

The irony is, I've seen Kotaku review SSC figures and people in the comments tear it apart. They're even more brutal than Freaks about "HT quality".

This will be my first ever "mod". I'm painting that buckle, otherwise, man she looks ****ing awesome. :rock

y09d.jpg

9gib.jpg

The Baroness looks great to me. Odd that they used a stock photo from Sideshow in the review, you'd think we would like to see the actual product. I do wish they send this figure to someone who can review the figure more thoroughly then they did there. I'd like to know what the joints are like on the Baroness.

Looks fantastic. Paint is nice and clean too.

Really love how Baroness came out. She's my next pick up but I can't wait to see in hand pics from the rest of you who are getting her. Blown away. Sideshow hit a home run on this one. Unfortunately for Cobra Commander. Not so much.

Back