SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its easy to fritter away your money on toys and statues when you've never needed to buy your own refrigerator, laundry machines, stove, diswasher, install a sprinkler system, pay for your own meals, car insurance, bed sheets, and clothing. :lol

No worries I handle my own business. :rock

Last edited:
I just want one of each...almost there after quick 4 months have gone by since I first picked up Flint. I make an honest attempt to gather exclusives but since I came late to this dance I'm mainly focused on the upcoming exclusives. I did pick up a few after market exclusive (e.g. Beachead) and over paid for them but to me it was worth it.

That's me in a nutshell. I now have one of everything and I did it in about 3 months. Well except for the variants and I am including the desert Cobras in that. I haven't paid over $150 for anything and I feel very lucky, honestly if I would have been more patient I could have done better price wise. Actually ordering Exclusives direct from SSC will cost me more than the collection I have built.

Did I really? Jesus how long ago was that? :lol

With an order list as long as I've got there's no way I'm cheap. :nana:

Just don't go into film making :nana::lol:lol I've seen your review backgrounds...

Just messing with ya...
though I am curious with the amount that you order what's your turn over like for shelf space?

That's me in a nutshell. I now have one of everything and I did it in about 3 months. Well except for the variants and I am including the desert Cobras in that. I haven't paid over $150 for anything and I feel very lucky, honestly if I would have been more patient I could have done better price wise. Actually ordering Exclusives direct from SSC will cost me more than the collection I have built.

Nice.

I chose to go with all variants. And by all I mean ALL. (no further explanation necessary :pfft:)

I'm not buying from America either....so my selection of sellers who will go international isn't as great and prices really go up if I have to go through customs usually...along with delayed arrival times. Meh :dunno

I know folks like buying from retailers...I actually prefer direct from SSC because they usually put a $25 giftcard in my promo wallet after each purchase. Managed to snag a few freebies.

Just don't go into film making I've seen your review backgrounds...

Just messing with ya...
though I am curious with the amount that you order what's your turn over like for shelf space?

You don't like the curtains in the background? :monkey2 :rotfl

It hasn't been a problem really. Because I've sold things in the past for one reason or another but I just stored away a bunch of my Dead figures to make room for newer items.

I don't think my toes have ever made an appearance. :lol I have thought about making a blooper reel review though with different times I've screwed up.

I don't think my toes have ever made an appearance. :lol I have thought about making a blooper reel review though with different times I've screwed up.

Unfortunately, especially being in a profession that deals with reviews, that's one of my main pet peeves, toes in pics and vids. I must have turned down at least hundreds of potential reader-submitted reviews because inevitably, at some point, the toes make an appearance in the pics. They stick out like a sore thumb and for some horrifying reason, I don't forget them (like a booger on the face of a hot chick - you'll always see the booger even after it's not there anymore)... In your case it was Yoda. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 :lol

That said, you should definitely release a blooper reel. :lecture:lecture:lecture:lol

I'll have to go back and watch it again. :lol Yeah, I do try to avoid stuff like that just because it doesn't need to be there. So my bad. :lol

I will. I saved one from the Mark V review I did. I have to get a couple more done and I'm sure there will be on in those. I'm usually good for a couple each time.

I hope the paint apps look good on Hawk (Beachhead EX head paint would be awesome). I've been repainting my Joes' heads out of necessity, and it would be nice to not have to re-paint them anymore.

I hope the paint apps look good on Hawk (Beachhead EX head paint would be awesome). I've been repainting my Joes' heads out of necessity, and it would be nice to not have to re-paint them anymore.

Actually Beachhead quality wouldn't. This is the first figure they've fluffed up as being "handpainted" so I expect a jump in QC in paint. Beachhead would be an acceptable level, but even Flint level would be a Fail, Dusty might even be at pitchfork level.

Actually Beachhead quality wouldn't. This is the first figure they've fluffed up as being "handpainted" so I expect a jump in QC in paint. Beachhead would be an acceptable level, but even Flint level would be a Fail, Dusty might even be at pitchfork level.

Depends on the beachhead. Like others, mine had a 5-o-clock shadow that ran all the way up his temple. :lol

No doubt he will be of comparable quality to everything else Sideshow has done with the Joe line.

Sideshow likes to make lots of claims about higher quality paints, but it never really happens. Certainly not on any consistent level.

if they raise the bar in hawk and future figures, the first releases will look out of place side by side im fine with some of them

No doubt he will be of comparable quality to everything else Sideshow has done with the Joe line.

Sideshow likes to make lots of claims about higher quality paints, but it never really happens. Certainly not on any consistent level.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Unfortunately, it's gonna take more than a single figures with remarkable paint apps, to convince the long time collector that things are improving paint-wise. :(

take it one paint app at a time. :lol I think Zartan is going to be a test. If they execute poorly he might look like a clown.

do you believe zartan or destro deserve pupil in their eyes with todays time solid white eyes can be done with contacts.

Not without impairing vision. That said, I don't think I want my figures to have Halloween contact eyes either. Since Destro's wearing a helmet, sure, but Zartan should have irises and pupils.

Seriously, I want pupils.

zartan1.jpg

Back