SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 4 a year, that only leaves one more for 2012. :monkey2

my guess is we'll get 2 more after Crimson Guard (2nd Quarter)

3rd Quarter- Snow Job :)

4th Quarter- Destro :)

anything revealed after those will see release in 2013

my guess is we'll get 2 more after Crimson Guard (2nd Quarter)

3rd Quarter- Snow Job :)

4th Quarter- Destro :)

anything revealed after those will see release in 2013

I dunno, they were very clear about slowing to 4 a year for 2012. :huh

--

Do we collectively speaking have ourselves to blame overall for all the griping about the line resulting in a smaller production schedule or is it really Sideshow's decision to slow down production regardless of all the griping?

Whether it's other Joe stuff or the upcoming DC 1/6 figures, something else has slowed the line. Easy repaints aside, even Star Wars 1/6 has slowed down a bit.

I dunno, they were very clear about slowing to 4 a year for 2012. :huh

Whether it's other Joe stuff or the upcoming DC 1/6 figures, something else has slowed the line. Easy repaints aside, even Star Wars 1/6 has slowed down a bit.

But Hawk,Viper,RNR,and Zartan are 2011 reveals(were due this year originally)...they shouldn't count,otherwise Crimson Guard is the last figure we are getting for 2012

But Hawk,Viper,RNR,and Zartan are 2011 reveals(were due this year originally)...they shouldn't count,otherwise Crimson Guard is the last figure we are getting for 2012

Which would suck big, juicy donkey balls. :(

Hopefully, they just meant "announce" 4 figures per year. Josh?

I don't think we have anything to worry about, this line shows no signs of slowing down. Heck, they keep making Environments. That shows more of a commitment to the line more than anything IMO since they are going far above and beyond just figures.

Which would suck big, juicy donkey balls. :(

Hopefully, they just meant "announce" 4 figures per year. Josh?

I'm fairly sure its they will just announce 4 a year and that way as things roll over with a figure its a fairly consistent stream of figures.

I know some people are okay with the slowing pace, but I think it sucks. There are so many left to make that at this pace we'll all be dead before they get to everyone.:monkey2 (Lowlight FTW!!)

I know some people are okay with the slowing pace, but I think it sucks. There are so many left to make that at this pace we'll all be dead before they get to everyone.:monkey2 (Lowlight FTW!!)

exactly

people will either be too old to collect,can't afford it any longer(because we know prices will keep going UP) or eventually will move on to collect something else.

Slowing down is mistake in my opinion,especially with Sideshow having a property that is so diverse in character selection.

Moving it slowly is cushions the blow to raise prices per unit.

Instead of spending $X on their products and receiving Y units you are still spending $X but now you are receiving less units.

If they raised prices and did not slow down then I think SSC would worry about losing completists and such that can't afford them all.

So its easier on SSC to just slow down production than to do cost cutting measures to each item.

Moving it slowly is cushions the blow to raise prices per unit.

Instead of spending $X on their products and receiving Y units you are still spending $X but now you are receiving less units.

If they raised prices and did not slow down then I think SSC would worry about losing completists and such that can't afford them all.

So its easier on SSC to just slow down production than to do cost cutting measures to each item.
--

An interesting point.

Of course . . . how many of us are "completists" of the current line?

I admit I am; moreover, I acquire one of each (regular & exclusive) . . . so that makes me an elitist completist?

:lol

Just makes you crazy. LOL.

I'm not a completist, but I used to be when I could afford to be for SW, LOTR and then Indy.

Once I said enough (around the point of German Indy and some of the SW figures I couldn't justify) it was easy to pass on a lot of stuff I would normally have accepted.

--

An interesting point.

Of course . . . how many of us are "completists" of the current line?

I admit I am; moreover, I acquire one of each (regular & exclusive) . . . so that makes me an elitist completist?

:lol

We should Just call you DeltaDelta then.

I just want one of each...almost there after quick 4 months have gone by since I first picked up Flint. I make an honest attempt to gather exclusives but since I came late to this dance I'm mainly focused on the upcoming exclusives. I did pick up a few after market exclusive (e.g. Beachead) and over paid for them but to me it was worth it.

My extreme limit for paying on any 1:6 will remain capped @ $200. Anything beyond that I wont go there...and I'd imagine with inflation in general my collecting days will be over sooner rather than later. But atleast for the time being I'm getting what I want out this hobby.

Its easy to fritter away your money on toys and statues when you've never needed to buy your own refrigerator, laundry machines, stove, diswasher, install a sprinkler system, pay for your own meals, car insurance, bed sheets, and clothing. :lol

Back