SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regular seems to have gone to waitlist. Wonder if it's because there is now a need to send out replacement sculpts or if that many people actually settled for that version.

With such a constant concern about QC issues...makes collecting anything from Sideshow/Hot Toys a second guess these days.

Sorry to see your Hawk was less than par Josh.

Edit: Actually can't even find the regular Hawk on the site.

Or maybe they just put the regular on Wait List status to sell out the Ex. :huh

I wonder why so many of the regular Hawk heads have those horrible paint rubs on the side :confused:

I have the same rub in almost the exact same spot of my regular Hawk head.

Well, I just got my replacement Hawk head and its got paint rubs in the hair in different spots (one in the very front now) :slap

As I had mentioned in a previous post, we should get a quality product for the amount we pay...but the paint rub is not taht bad in the grans scheme of things. I feel like if I ask for a replacement on this that karma from the gods of collecting will screw me over on a bigger piece in the future.

BM, do you have to send the original Hawk head back?

Is this an example of the infamous paint rub?

IMG_2458.jpg

Mine has a similar rub in the back. With Buttmunch getting a head that's even worse, I'm skeptical about sending it back for an exchange. Sideshow's infamous Quality unControlled does it again. :monkey1 :lol

You guys can fix the paint rubs in the hair easily enough.

It took me about two minutes to mix up a little black with some burnt umber and touch up the rubs. It blended in perfectly. You can't even tell the rubs were there and I am no painting master.

So that when the head hits the light you have shiny orange spots. It'll also bleed into the helmet. I would never sharpie on a high-end collectible. :cuckoo:

So that when the head hits the light you have shiny orange spots. It'll also bleed into the helmet. I would never sharpie on a high-end collectible. :cuckoo:

not true...worked on mine and no shiny "orange" spots of any kind..

fine point permanent markers dry very well...buy hey believe what you want,because I know you will try to refute it

For the record, I was joking about using the magic marker, hence the :lol at the end of my original statement.

Back