SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has a similar rub in the back. With Buttmunch getting a head that's even worse, I'm skeptical about sending it back for an exchange. Sideshow's infamous Quality unControlled does it again. :monkey1 :lol

I wouldn't call it worse exactly. The rubs are more minor this time around, but they are in a much more noticeable spot (ie the front of his face :slap). Still waiting to here back from Sideshow on the replacement's replacement :lol

I wouldn't call it worse exactly. The rubs are more minor this time around, but they are in a much more noticeable spot (ie the front of his face :slap). Still waiting to here back from Sideshow on the replacement's replacement :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if you get the "they're all like that, but we're willing to offer you a refund if you're not fully satisfied" excuse. What're ya gonna do though? :huh :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if you get the "they're all like that, but we're willing to offer you a refund if you're not fully satisfied" excuse. What're ya gonna do though? :huh :lol

I'd probably take it at that point and order one from TA. And if that ones is jacked up too, I'll pick the best one and touch it up best as I can, use one for the helmet, and make the other one into Chip Hazzard :lol

Its shocking how Sideshow manages to squeeze at least one quality control issue into even the best figures. Amazing, really :dunno

At least the viper turned out perfect ... well I guess perfect is relative if you mind the chrome face plate.

Finally got home today. Hawk was waiting on me and the Viper arrived a few hours after I did. Both are great figures but, like I feared my Hawk had issues.

The notorious paint rub in the front of his hair on the regular head. I thought, well no big deal, he can wear the helmet. Besides the Ex. head is really cool and will probably see a lot of display time. Then I saw it, a paint rub right on the end of his nose. A bright pink spot right on the end.

To top it off, his ribbon sticker was off center, again realy not a big deal, but the corner was sorta torn off. First time since I have been collecting with SSC that I had to call about a replacement. They are always awesome though, asked for pictures and are gonna make it right.

As always, their customer service more than makes up for the occasional QC issue.

Welp, comic shop got both this and the Viper in, so I used some store credit to grab both. Really like them, though I do wish I had had the cash to obtain the Hawk EX.

Maybe I'll be able to find the EX sculpt up for sale somewhere.

Back