SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can say it's not an improvement. I personally thought that headsculpt was too small, and the neck looked too long. But again, that's the whole point, is that these are all personal opinions based on each person's aesthetic preferences. I think the only thing that everyone agrees on, is that Supes should be more muscular.
I completely agree with you on that Eric Sosa Batman head, it's too small and unrealistic looking. I don't completely love Sideshow's Batman head sculpt, but it's far better than the Sosa sculpt. Comic proportions look good flat on the page or as a stylized statue or figure, but I want Sideshow to make realistic looking 1:6 superheroes, so I hope Sideshow doesn't switch to making them look pin-headed. If you want the more comic styled 1:6 figures, stick with Medicom.
The GL head looks pretty good to me, better than Batman or Superman, I just would prefer it to look even more realistic and less stylized.

I agree, I think GL's headsculpt looks great!

And I should clarify, I don't think the Sosa head looks bad... I just think that on the shelf, with the rest of the line, the Batman head is the right size and sculpt (stoic face). If I had a whole shelf of Medicoms, they would all look great next to each other as well.

But to have the SSC Batman, with the Sosa sculpt, standing next to the SSC Joker (which is where they are on my shelves), the Sosa sculpt would look ridiculously small...

By the way have you guys seen Gino Roberto's custom Superhero work? Love this stuff:
Gino Roberto's Custom 1/6 Works Marvel & DC Heroes
10923494_10204820053637745_2834705643900279833_n_zps0tiqtwqm.jpg
10671_10204958160010318_7433130099094924731_n_zpsizonigir.jpg
10393789_10204958140089820_8332942664801335473_n_zps4shcwlfh.jpg
11018895_10205359419321550_9112085029734590033_n_zpsajixslko.jpg
10513351_10204176296264213_8482810939246076401_n_zpsjzsyrbxm.jpg
10269562_10204096520869878_8859305610794485003_n_zpshlcfmkyi.jpg
10930988_10204914515399230_3043967057546121872_n_zpsbedpi2ga.jpg

Amazing stuff!

Whoa!!!! Amazing work. Captain Marvel is my favorite. Or is that Marvel Girl. I can't remember.

Gino's custom works are amazing, indeed. His latest, Spiderwoman, is among my favorites, which includes his fantastic Gladiator Hulk custom.

Yeah,pretty much what Sideshow should be doing with their 1/6 Marvel stuff,but they won't

I completely agree with you on that Eric Sosa Batman head, it's too small and unrealistic looking. I don't completely love Sideshow's Batman head sculpt, but it's far better than the Sosa sculpt. Comic proportions look good flat on the page or as a stylized statue or figure, but I want Sideshow to make realistic looking 1:6 superheroes, so I hope Sideshow doesn't switch to making them look pin-headed. If you want the more comic styled 1:6 figures, stick with Medicom.
The GL head looks pretty good to me, better than Batman or Superman, I just would prefer it to look even more realistic and less stylized.

Sideshow's Batman sculpt is realistic? Ok???? So you want them to look like Ginos, I take it? Won't happen. Gino's look realistic because he is using a realistic body and a sculpt based on an actual person.

I agree, I think GL's headsculpt looks great!

And I should clarify, I don't think the Sosa head looks bad... I just think that on the shelf, with the rest of the line, the Batman head is the right size and sculpt (stoic face). If I had a whole shelf of Medicoms, they would all look great next to each other as well.

But to have the SSC Batman, with the Sosa sculpt, standing next to the SSC Joker (which is where they are on my shelves), the Sosa sculpt would look ridiculously small...

I guess Im just one of the few that do not like the big heads Sideshow is giving the figures. Believe me, if I could change my jokers's head I would. But. I actually really like the sculpt.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see him do a custom Green Lantern to see how it compared. I checked out his Instagram and he says he has a Batman upcoming. I just really can't get over how spot on perfect some of these look. I don't think the argument of an individual having the hand time vs. a factory will hold up here either. Basically these are the same as prototypes being built to work on existing TT style and Phicen bodies.

Here's a reason (possibly) why the SS Deadpool is so off model. The movie version is nearly exactly ON MODEL. Pic tweeted by Ryan Reynolds earlier today.

Deadpool Movie.JPG

Gino's Scarlet Witch is mind-boggling. He's really something.

I get what people are saying about SS not having full control due to license considerations, but if you do a deal to make 12" Marvel Figures, don't you build that into the deal? And if they won't let you, why bother?*

*Again, unless you're Ashley Wood & your own redesigns are why you're interested in the first place.

PS: That DP movie costume is what i would expect from an SS classic version of the costume, minus the exaggerated nose. You could argue the mask has the stitch lines like the Marvel Now version, but that's a minor quibble fixed with an extra head - like the PF.

I guess Im just one of the few that do not like the big heads Sideshow is giving the figures. Believe me, if I could change my jokers's head I would. But. I actually really like the sculpt.

Fair enough, definitely to each their own. Real life proportions, human beings have slightly large heads, and I think that is reflected in the various Hot Toys figures. Even though the SSC bodies are more exaggerated, the heads are not as small (proportionately) compared to the bodies as in the comics. I too love the Joker sculpt, and in the comics, usually he's drawn excessively thin, which makes his head look big even in the comics. I think that's why there were so few complaints about his head size on the sSC figure.

Those customs are AMAZING!!! But to sound like I'm on the Supes thread, the Captain America is a little too thin for me....

I have the Batman and Joker, and their heads don't bother me at all – I love them, and don't think they're overly large... or GL's for that matter... but Superman...

Here's a reason (possibly) why the SS Deadpool is so off model. The movie version is nearly exactly ON MODEL. Pic tweeted by Ryan Reynolds earlier today.

View attachment 175349

The picture has been getting rave reviews all day... however i'm on the fence until I see it in action. I agree he looks a little thin, and more like a Cosplayer than a movie costume, but then again it's posed for comedy effect. The eyes are interesting, guess they'll be CGI'd... hmmm I prefer the SSC prototype.

Some figures just don't photo well, I'm willing to bet that in hand this GL will make a lot more people happy than upset.

Back