SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how this moved away from discussing green lantern. I will add if wolverine is 12" that means he wasn't researched at all. Everyone knows he is short. If he 5'3 then he is 10"tall 10.5" sounds more like a 5'6-8. Since ht luke skywalker is 5'9 or. 5'6 I think and the slim is 11" tall. 11" should cover 5'8-5'11 characters. We don't get a choice with females it's all one height or taller. No company has tried to make a 5' figure in a shorter body. Carie Fisher is short she should at least be 10" tall but Barbie set the standard for 1:6 scale.

I wouldn't worry because Ashkan and tony might offer shorter limb parts you can put on body.

Sorry, but 10.5" is the accurate 1/6 of 5'3". 10" would be 5'. In 1/6, 1 foot is 2 inches, thus a 6' person is 12" exactly. Half a foot is an inch, that's why EB Michael Jordan is accurate @ 13" as he is 6'6". That makes a quarter of a foot, which is 3", .5" in 1/6.

Also, IMO, being reliant on 3rd-party modifications that would cost some $ is enough worry for me not to order the figure @ SRP.

Anyway, sorry for bring up the Wolverine figure on this thread.

Yes $25 coupon free shipping. The 25% off doesn't take a lot off but every bit counts

Sorry if this has been talked about recently... Does the mask come off of this green lantern? I remember reading awhile ago (long before it went up for pre-order) that it was meant to be removable, but I may be mistaken.

Sorry if this has been talked about recently... Does the mask come off of this green lantern? I remember reading awhile ago (long before it went up for pre-order) that it was meant to be removable, but I may be mistaken.

Nope, not removable. The initial confusion came from the fact that the mask is a separately molded piece, so there were hopes/questions about it being removable. Matt from Sideshow clarified this, as the mask was molded separately to create dimension and realism to the headsculpt, but it's not removable.

b91849e59024c350c4b7a3a453956061.jpg

This is the version I have until sideshow's comes out. DC direct deluxe on a KP heroik body. I'm pretty happy with the look, even though Hal may look a little too much like a linebacker.

In the meantime I want to find a good head sculpt so that I can turn sideshow's version into John Stewart. Have no idea where to look for that though. Any ideas are welcome.

Looks fantastic, Captnemo42! I had to do a double-take on the panel on the right side of your photo -- I thought Hal was actually holding a custom lantern, with a bulb! :lol

b91849e59024c350c4b7a3a453956061.jpg

This is the version I have until sideshow's comes out. DC direct deluxe on a KP heroik body. I'm pretty happy with the look, even though Hal may look a little too much like a linebacker.

In the meantime I want to find a good head sculpt so that I can turn sideshow's version into John Stewart. Have no idea where to look for that though. Any ideas are welcome.

Great looking figure. :clap
This has made my mind up... if I can pick up the SSC GL head and the DCD uniform i'll be able to bash a decent looking Hal.

Thanks guys! Yeah, coco I got the idea from your excellent work. I tried unsuccessfully to get some Batman boots as you did so I ended up using the stock dcd boots. I love the stock dcd head and costume as with most of the dcd figures. I'll try to get some more pics up in the next few days.

Heubertmichael, I didn't even notice I did that but it's a heck of an idea if somebody could pull it off.

Ali032373, yeah that's the old DC direct head on a kaustic plastik heroik body. It fills out the costume well enough.

Dario2739, yeah it's a good way to go and could be an easier way of creating more of the Green Lantern Corps.

As stated above I really want to make a classic John Stewart Lantern but i'm clueless as to which head to go with. African American heads with that kind of a slight fro' aren't to common.

Hey guys since they released darkseid PF and maybe a figure might come out. If the character is 6'7-7' wouldn't that put him at 13" tall? Or are we going to get a 14" figure territory?

Thanks guys! Yeah, coco I got the idea from your excellent work. I tried unsuccessfully to get some Batman boots as you did so I ended up using the stock dcd boots. I love the stock dcd head and costume as with most of the dcd figures. I'll try to get some more pics up in the next few days.

Heubertmichael, I didn't even notice I did that but it's a heck of an idea if somebody could pull it off.

Ali032373, yeah that's the old DC direct head on a kaustic plastik heroik body. It fills out the costume well enough.

Dario2739, yeah it's a good way to go and could be an easier way of creating more of the Green Lantern Corps.

As stated above I really want to make a classic John Stewart Lantern but i'm clueless as to which head to go with. African American heads with that kind of a slight fro' aren't to common.

There is a sculptor not on freaks that primarily is only on eBay that sells a AA head that needs to be painted that has a fro.
https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221312642903

Back