SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be in the minority here but I like the suit and the overall figure. Just not the price. I will be picking this up but not till there's a heavy discount.

Again the thread goes back to one of the main complaints "price, lack of accessories, and suit material." If gl was 149.99 there would be less complaints and more ordered. I would have ordered already no problem. 220.00 is too much.

Sideshow's Batman sculpt is realistic? Ok???? So you want them to look like Ginos, I take it? Won't happen. Gino's look realistic because he is using a realistic body and a sculpt based on an actual person.
I guess Im just one of the few that do not like the big heads Sideshow is giving the figures. Believe me, if I could change my jokers's head I would. But. I actually really like the sculpt.

I never said Sideshow's sculpt is realistic. I've mentioned multiple times that I don't love the caricature Sideshow gives their figures. The Sosa sculpt looks more like a cartoon depiction by comparison. And yes, I would love it if Sideshow made their comic book heroes look more realistic like Gino's, I think almost everyone would.
Proportionally, Sideshow's Batman has realistic proportions. I just measured my Sideshow Batman and taking into consideration that he's wearing a cowl, the figure measures out to 7 & 1/2 head lengths tall. The average person measures out to 7 & 1/2 head lengths tall.

Sideshow's Batman does not have a big head.

I never said Sideshow's sculpt is realistic. I've mentioned multiple times that I don't love the caricature Sideshow gives their figures. The Sosa sculpt looks more like a cartoon depiction by comparison. And yes, I would love it if Sideshow made their comic book heroes look more realistic like Gino's, I think almost everyone would.
Proportionally, Sideshow's Batman has realistic proportions. I just measured my Sideshow Batman and taking into consideration that he's wearing a cowl, the figure measures out to 7 & 1/2 head lengths tall. The average person measures out to 7 & 1/2 head lengths tall.

Again, you are basing it on a normal human and not eve an idealistic one at that. This is a comic book line based figures not a real one. See picture below. His head is too big.

9470541_orig.gif

If they made the figure like Gino's I would not complain. I like his stuff, but that is a style he chose. Would you feel the same way if he "interpreted" the look? He made realistic figures with comic accurate outfits. Everybody would buy that in a second imo. Unfortunately, SSC is not giving anything close to that. We are getting comic book like heads on comic book based bodies with interpreted outfits.

We're getting back into a negative vibe here. Obviously there are some that are not happy with the direction Sideshow has chosen for their comic book characters that have artistically interpreted by different artists throughout the lives of the characters.

Also please aware that when you say "most of us" or "everybody" when expressing what you would prefer you aren't being accurate.

Again, you are basing it on a normal human and not eve an idealistic one at that. This is a comic book line based figures not a real one. See picture below. His head is too big.

9470541_orig.gif

If they made the figure like Gino's I would not complain. I like his stuff, but that is a style he chose. Would you feel the same way if he "interpreted" the look? He made realistic figures with comic accurate outfits. Everybody would buy that in a second imo. Unfortunately, SSC is not giving anything close to that. We are getting comic book like heads on comic book based bodies with interpreted outfits.

Ah, Figure Drawing For All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis, it's a good book I highly recommend it.

That proves my point, realistic proportions are 7 & 1/2 head lengths tall for full grown men and women. Idealistic proportions are not realistic, they're imaginary. Superheroes in comics are usually drawn with idealistic proportions, but in modern 1:6 figures, the intent is usually to make things as realistic as possible. That's why companies make 1:6 scale weapons that can now be disassembled and scaled to a thou of an inch, there are features that you never would see unless you broke down the rifle or looked through a magnifying glass.
I also wouldn't say the bodies are comic based, they look like believable body builder type physiques and not overly exaggerated. I believe that Sideshow is trying to make Superheroes that look like real people in costumes rather than a comic book stylized figure.

Last edited:
We're getting back into a negative vibe here. Obviously there are some that are not happy with the direction Sideshow has chosen for their comic book characters that have artistically interpreted by different artists throughout the lives of the characters.

Also please aware that when you say "most of us" or "everybody" when expressing what you would prefer you aren't being accurate.

I honestly don't see it as having gotten overly negative, I for one have done a complete 180 on this figure (except for the price tag that is). From what I understand about the rules you CAN post your gripes about a figure so long as it's not in a way that's disrespectful to those involved in the creative process.

Ah, Figure Drawing For All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis, it's a good book I highly recommend it.

That proves my point, realistic proportions are 7 & 1/2 head lengths tall for full grown men and women. Idealistic proportions are not realistic, they're imaginary. Superheroes in comics are usually drawn with idealistic proportions, but in modern 1:6 figures, the intent is usually to make things as realistic as possible. That's why companies make 1:6 scale weapons that can now be disassembled and scaled to a thou of an inch, there are features that you never would see unless you broke down the rifle or looked through a magnifying glass.
I also wouldn't say the bodies are comic based, they look like believable body builder type physiques and not overly exaggerated. I believe that Sideshow is trying to make Superheroes that look like real people in costumes rather than a comic book stylized figure.

Again you are assuming that Sideshow is going the realistic way, which I doubt. So we will just have to agree to disagree then.:duff:

Last edited:

Well i don't want "realistic". I want it to look like it just popped out of a comic. These are based on the comics afterall. You said you liked Silvestri Wolverine? I would kill for a sixth scale Silvestri Wolverine! For realistic i pick up the Hot Toys movie Marvel and DC figures. I love collecting both but comics will always be my first love and that hasn't been done in sixth scale. Yes i know Medicom and Hasbro have done a few but they are not at the HT/SS quality for the most part.

Well i don't want "realistic". I want it to look like it just popped out of a comic. These are based on the comics afterall. You said you liked Silvestri Wolverine? I would kill for a sixth scale Silvestri Wolverine! For realistic i pick up the Hot Toys movie Marvel and DC figures. I love collecting both but comics will always be my first love and that hasn't been done in sixth scale. Yes i know Medicom and Hasbro have done a few but they are not at the HT/SS quality for the most part.

Great post - I agree. Hot Toys have cornered the market on 1/6th realistic/movie-likeness figures.
SSC has the great opportunity to provided high quality, comic accurate 1/6th figures to a market that, judging by this thread, is crying out for them.

Well i don't want "realistic". I want it to look like it just popped out of a comic. These are based on the comics afterall.

Yes!
This is why, even with their faults, I love DC Direct's 13" line. No "interpretations" or "artistic license", just straight-forward comic-accurate figures.
SSC's Superman has the distinction of being the first figure I have ever purchased and returned for a refund due to dissatisfaction (although, to be fair, I also returned their Snake Plissken at the same time). Just too many faults to justify paying $200 (and now $220). I never really loved their other DC figures, either, so I recently sold those as well and will continue to customize the comic figures I want.

Yes!
This is why, even with their faults, I love DC Direct's 13" line. No "interpretations" or "artistic license", just straight-forward comic-accurate figures.
SSC's Superman has the distinction of being the first figure I have ever purchased and returned for a refund due to dissatisfaction (although, to be fair, I also returned their Snake Plissken at the same time). Just too many faults to justify paying $200 (and now $220). I never really loved their other DC figures, either, so I recently sold those as well and will continue to customize the comic figures I want.

That is why I love dc direct figures even with faults. Great comic book looking figures for a bargain. I bought most of them minus sgt rock, 1st green lantern, the shadow, and jonah Hill. They look great displayed together. If they were true 1/6 scale the complaints would be minimal. I still love them!

My apologies for posting this here, but I checked the proper thread and I didn't see any similar concern (or might have missed it), also I think Matt frequents this thread anyway so -- will SSC Wolverine be in 1/6 of 5'3" which is 10.5"? Would be great if yes.

Again sorry for OT and if it's been mentioned here already.

My apologies for posting this here, but I checked the proper thread and I didn't see any similar concern (or might have missed it), also I think Matt frequents this thread anyway so -- will SSC Wolverine be in 1/6 of 5'3" which is 10.5"? Would be great if yes.

Again sorry for OT and if it's been mentioned here already.

Looked to be a true 12" from the prototype at SDCC.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hear, Hear!

Back