SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow needs to fire whoever is responsible for the artistic interpretations.

To each his own, but I have both SSC Batman 1:6 figures and love them both. I wish I could get the Joker for less than $200. Superman is on my list, but you know... life.

Which, from the comments i've seen, were poorly received aswell – they are 'artistic interpretation', but not interpreted in a way people liked apparently!
All comic-looking figures are "artistic interpretation". It would have been a bigger risk to create a figure based on one singular artist's look. The blue/grey Batman is a great figure (one of SSC's best), Supes is much better than original pics/reviews showed, and Joker and the ladies are pretty good as well. Ya, not the best bodies, but I guess it depends on what you're doing with them. I personally, only change my poses a couple times a year, and they aren't museum, but they aren't super dynamic poses either 'cause I'm always afraid of them falling over, or leaving deep wrinkles in the costumes. So for most of the poses, the bodies don't give me any trouble.
I'm really happy with the DC line so far, my only issue is GL's price. In the new pics, this looks much better than before, a slightly beefier body really helps (the original photos was on a very thin body), and the colours are better. But he's so expensive compared to what we got with Bats and Supes, or the villains. Hard to justify that price. I'm still getting him, but it hurts a little...

I really like the new shots but I've kind of forgotten about this line and probably won't go back. SSC definitely dropped the ball on this line. Even in their Marvel Comic line I'm happy going for Wolverine, again for a price a little too high IMHO, and then moving on.

Looks like they got rid of that hideous flower that was supposed to be coming from his ring. Overall I think this looks pretty great. Might pick it up.

It looks like they changed his facial expression. And i think it helps the figure. The bone in the throat is still that disco/mardi gras costume and mask. But the new pics def show some improvement.

I am in the minority that has always liked this figure. Yeah I can think of several better options other than the green fabric they went with and I really do feel they dropped the ball when it came to including cool ring manifestations (which they COULD have really knocked out of the park). The main issue for me is the price on this one, Gotham Knight comes with 3 heads, multiple faceplates and a ton of hands and weapons and comes in a lot lower than this, I simply cant justify spending that much on this figure. Hopefully he eventually goes on sale.

Personally I'm also in said minority, that being said I can't compare it to the Gotham knight figure, because that's a figure that was really already made and produced they added a head took out accessories replaced them with different ones and called it a day. Superman however came with 2 (3 if you got the exclusive) head sculpts hands and an alternate cape that we can pose, GL may not come with another head (I know bummer a serious and smirk would have been great) but he does come with a light up lantern different boots to pose for flight or standing, multiple hands and a fist construct, a power up one too if you get the exclusive. It may not seem like much but really think about the engineering time it takes to make a 1/6 light up lantern and also a construct that fits over Hal's actual fists and at least I'm hoping doesn't rub off paint unless they made it a separate hand which works even better but also still takes time to figure out how to make it look as nice as it does.
I just don't find it fair for those comparing the figure and its accessories to the one figure in the that has been essentially made twice. Ya Joker Catwoman, and Harley had a slew of accessories the difference is really the cost to make figures then and now. I'm excited for this figure and,still am excited for the flash figure as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think we're the minority - just the haters are more vocal.

Like everything on the internet. The negative comments are always more frequent and with the Caps lock on.
I've always liked the figure as well. I don't know much about this type of manufacturing, but I just have a hard time believing that simple, translucent plastic constructs would have been that expensive to product. I really do think that SSC dropped the ball on that. Especially as it's Green Lantern. Based on much less expensive toys, a light-up lantern doesn't appear to be that difficult to engineer, and based on all the past SSC figures (including the ones I own), the accessories are certainly weak for the price.
I'm not in any way interested in the "power up" exclusive piece, so in that regard, it's easier to wait for sale pricing. But I'll definitely buy this figure.

Sideshow is "toying" with our emotions! They know there is no decent GL figure out there so they give us this and stick an astronomical price tag on it! Damn you Sideshow!

Personally I'm also in said minority, that being said I can't compare it to the Gotham knight figure, because that's a figure that was really already made and produced they added a head took out accessories replaced them with different ones and called it a day. Superman however came with 2 (3 if you got the exclusive) head sculpts hands and an alternate cape that we can pose, GL may not come with another head (I know bummer a serious and smirk would have been great) but he does come with a light up lantern different boots to pose for flight or standing, multiple hands and a fist construct, a power up one too if you get the exclusive. It may not seem like much but really think about the engineering time it takes to make a 1/6 light up lantern and also a construct that fits over Hal's actual fists and at least I'm hoping doesn't rub off paint unless they made it a separate hand which works even better but also still takes time to figure out how to make it look as nice as it does.

Sorry, but that is a poor excuse – the DC 13" Lantern and Sinestro came with light-up Lanterns, it's not a complicated thing at all... and they can still be picked up for considerably less money.
For the price this figure is being listed at, it should come with two heads at the very least, and probably another construct... in fact, bearing in mind what HT have done with Iron Man, for the price of this they could have probably made a fist with an actual light-up ring feature too.

I actually quite like how the figure's turned out, if it had been priced around the same as DAM figures - around £120, I would have bought him, but at the £180 it'd cost me over here in the UK - no thanks! I'll try and get the headsculpt loose, maybe the gloves and boots and then pick up a suit from the DC figure and bash my own.

I'm getting him but the price sucks. You look at the previous DC SS figures and everything they come with and their price and Lantern seems lacking. They should have included another construct or alternate expression sculpt.

And when this ships there will zero DC figures on preorder. That will scare people away thinking SS has given up on the line. Which it looks like they have. Then you look at that incredible lineup by Mezco and what they already have in the pipes. Flash and Reverse Flash? They look awesome. SS? All we have is some Flash that is being reworked and........?

If they are done, give the license up so someone can make a proper line.

I'm getting him but the price sucks. You look at the previous DC SS figures and everything they come with and their price and Lantern seems lacking. They should have included another construct or alternate expression sculpt.

And when this ships there will zero DC figures on preorder. That will scare people away thinking SS has given up on the line. Which it looks like they have. Then you look at that incredible lineup by Mezco and what they already have in the pipes. Flash and Reverse Flash? They look awesome. SS? All we have is some Flash that is being reworked and........?

If they are done, give the license up so someone can make a proper line.

I'm really hoping that we see another Sideshow DC figure go up for preorder soon. I love the line, but it is worrying to see no new product coming from it.

I'm really hoping that we see another Sideshow DC figure go up for preorder soon. I love the line, but it is worrying to see no new product coming from it.

I know some people have moaned about negativity – but honestly, the only DC figure negativity is for the GL figure... all the others have been fantastic... and that's the sad thing, because the other previewed figure - Flash - looked fantastic.

Back