SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suit has to have texture - otherwise it is just like the DC Direct and doesn't really work as a 3-dimensional representation of the character. The black will probably be shinier, but overall I like the design. However I'd like to see them take it even further - perhaps make the green a tunic over the black jumpsuit - more like Guy Gardner's look. I think they should take more chances with the costuming.

I never would have bought the GI Joe line if they had looked like the cartoon characters.
I personally think that sleeveless jacket Guy Gardener outfit sucks. :lol

Glad they went with old Hal. Now I've got the head (& gloves) part of my custom sorted.

Suit has to have texture - otherwise it is just like the DC Direct and doesn't really work as a 3-dimensional representation of the character. The black will probably be shinier, but overall I like the design. However I'd like to see them take it even further - perhaps make the green a tunic over the black jumpsuit - more like Guy Gardner's look. I think they should take more chances with the costuming.

I never would have bought the GI Joe line if they had looked like the cartoon characters.

The texture competes for dominance which anyone who knows fashion knows that is a major no no. have you ever heard the term K.I.S.S. "keep it simple stupid" costume should be made more simple but in rich fabric that doesn't compete with the logo. it's that simple. as far as pushing further that adds to cost but accessories is key. they could have a small led light in ring if possible or a nice powered lantern and even a guardien as an accessory. as for sculpts they could have a pissed off look for lantern and this one and maybe an extra head of someone else. or really wow us and have several heads for the accessories.

Dave there is a danger of taking a costume so far that it's beyond avart guard and is tacky and these are tacky.

As far as Dc direct they used cheep stock spandex and there is even more sleeker expensive looking lycra's that could be used. most are paper thin and look expensive.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has posted this pic or commented on the 1/6th GL yet.

twitterpic_zpse73e3c8e.jpg

I saw that pic in one of the Star Wars threads, was surprised it never got mentioned here. Going by all the high praise for the batman figure I'm really hoping this turns out as good. I haven't gotten the batman but if they made a full justice league and they're all equally good releases I'd be tempted to get them all. Would make for an awesome display.

I saw that pic in one of the Star Wars threads, was surprised it never got mentioned here. Going by all the high praise for the batman figure I'm really hoping this turns out as good. I haven't gotten the batman but if they made a full justice league and they're all equally good releases I'd be tempted to get them all. Would make for an awesome display.

Hurry up and grab Batman. You will regret it later especially if for some reason they do not make a black version or if they do and it isn't as good as the current blue version.

I really want to see a 1/6th Wonder Woman in this costume...

WW-Cliff-Chiang.jpg

I want GL but it'll depend on how he looks, what accessories he has and the price. :D

Hurry up and grab Batman. You will regret it later especially if for some reason they do not make a black version or if they do and it isn't as good as the current blue version.

I do love the version released and will hopefully pick it up at some point. Just a matter of money at the minute. If the rest of DC superheroes turn out as good though I'll probably try and swing it. A great quality 1/6 justice league would be a dream.

I really want to see a 1/6th Wonder Woman in this costume...

WW-Cliff-Chiang.jpg

I want GL but it'll depend on how he looks, what accessories he has and the price. :D

I do love that Wonder Woman look, more so than the swimsuit but over all I think the skirt looks best. The kind of "xena" look I guess. Cliff Chiang's art on the current Wonder Woman stuff is awesome though. Although I do love the trouser look.

Piccolo is right this batman is kinda awesome. I own it. Granted I'm making some changes but very minimal because I wanted old school 70's comic book. But this batman looks and feels awesome best non movie rep out there.

I do hope sideshow will put him up soon so we can get a proper look at him. As well as the flash.

Piccolo is right this batman is kinda awesome. I own it. Granted I'm making some changes but very minimal because I wanted old school 70's comic book. But this batman looks and feels awesome best non movie rep out there.

I'm with you there. I have 2 of the Batman with 2 more on the way. Now of course I made some mods, the head is good but I replaced it with a HT Bale head, replaced the body with a HT modified Avengers Cap body and re-stitched some of the suit and the trunks. I also put a body suit underneath as my suit did snag when removing it from the body. This SSC Batman has a great feel for the character and is a moders dream; it has so many options.

:lol. They'll do a black version without a doubt. Such and easy change and a guaranteed moneymaker, they'll wait until people nab up this and then offer it up for folks to feel like they have to get two and then after a bit they'll offer the silver age version which might feature the same body, with just a head sculpt change and obvious suit alterations to match and make money all over again. Batman is going to be the "clone" of this line with variants galore.

and there are two pics of Kyle in this collage I personally prefer the costume with white on the chest however if SS does him he'll most likely be the other one.

Personally I'd like SSC to do a few that haven't ever been done in this scale. I always liked the Jim Lee brief redesign of Kyle. I think it'd work for this line:

tumblr_ljqwo0x3eZ1qg1iejo1_500.png

Interesting information from Sideshow on Statue Forum:

Alex - how are the Green Lantern and Flash 1/6 figures coming along? Any updates since SDCC?

Green Lantern is coming along nicely. I believe Flash is going to be much further out for release (a year+ at this point).

Still hoping Hal goes up for preorder very soon. Wondering if SS is rethinking Barry's textured costume.

i like the metallic green from the bust maybe they will use this on the figure for all pieces including boots.. if they use phosphorous paint on his ring it should glow.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-13-at-3.48.36-PM.jpg
300130-green-lantern-002.jpg

So there is supposedly buzz that this is coming soon. and flashes page dropped of the face of the earth.

Back